Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pajero 3.2 diff light

• 06-12-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

The diff light orange 1 bettween 4 green ones is flashing an green not on wen u engage in 4wd any ideas wats up with it r how to fix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

ferrete wrote: »
    The diff light orange 1 bettween 4 green ones is flashing an green not on wen u engage in 4wd any ideas wats up with it r how to fix
    Prolly the sensors/solonoid is stuck. That or the output shaft is munched(they're made of an alloy of Twix and Maula). The sensor-onoids are made of a special alloy that is 50% crisp packets and 50% bacofoil. Personally I reckon mitsi dropped the ball big time on these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭ferrete

Is it costly r hard to repair

any help b great lads as i need the 4wd workin il b using regularly from now on

ferrete wrote: »
    Is it costly r hard to repair
    It's a bit of a bugger to get at, mainly. And if you need a box you'll have a search and the one you get might be as bad as the one you have. Re-connnig your own isn't cheap either - hopefully it's just the electrical gubbins though. Use it or lose it tends to be the case with these as they sit down where it's mucky, damp and liable to corrosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

It's most likely the sensor, seems to be a common complaint. They're about 100 quid as I recall plus labour to replace. I've read that dropping the oil, doing a few km with diesel in it instead and then putting new oil in can unstick them in a minority of cases but it didn't work for me - had to replace two of the five myself but had a bunch of other things done at the same time so can't seperate out the price for that piece of work.

• Advertisement

how did u figure out which sensors it was and mine grand in 2 high but when you change in 4 anything it amber diff light flashes and it wont engage 4x4 but if you put back into 2h and turn off and on the 2 back green lights stay lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Yeah, I had similar issues. I couldn't get it to stop flashing or come back out of 4x4. There are five sensors in total, I think they're all the same type, the mechanic hooked his computer thing up to it and it told him which ones were dodgy. It's a straightforward job for a mechanic who knows what he's doing although it takes a couple of hours because you have to remove lots of other bits to get at them. Could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

WAPAIC wrote: »
    Yeah, I had similar issues. I couldn't get it to stop flashing or come back out of 4x4. There are five sensors in total, I think they're all the same type, the mechanic hooked his computer thing up to it and it told him which ones were dodgy. It's a straightforward job for a mechanic who knows what he's doing although it takes a couple of hours because you have to remove lots of other bits to get at them. Could be worse.
    this is correct, i had mine done a few years ago and its starting to act up again. They are about 75 euro per switch. The solenoid also gives trouble if not used regularly, corrodes. Its not a easy job to do yourself, there is a knack to get them out and you can damage other bits if you dont know what you are doing

this is correct, i had mine done a few years ago and its starting to act up again. They are about 75 euro per switch. The solenoid also gives trouble if not used regularly, corrodes. Its not a easy job to do yourself, there is a knack to get them out and you can damage other bits if you dont know what you are doing
    All true, but there is also a design flaw with the output shaft, it's very poor and breaks. Used boxes are like hens teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

All true, but there is also a design flaw with the output shaft, it's very poor and breaks. Used boxes are like hens teeth.
    Hi...sorry to hijsck a ;ittle, but similar..my old L200 when in 4wd , in slippy going lets out a few 'bangs' when its looking for grip.. its coming from the underside...it aint nice, but seems no harm so far...what is it likely to be?
    Got the flashing 4wd lamp too, i live with it..

• Advertisement

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Hi...sorry to hijsck a ;ittle, but similar..my old L200 when in 4wd , in slippy going lets out a few 'bangs' when its looking for grip.. its coming from the underside...it aint nice, but seems no harm so far...what is it likely to be?
    Got the flashing 4wd lamp too, i live with it..
    Could just be the front diff protesting(before going on an all out strike) but the output shaft from the box to the transfer box is an odd one and strips it's teeth, usually on ones that actually do a bit of heavy off-roading or towing.

well i still have the problem it will engage 4wd but then the light flashes and you have to turn her off to get back into 2wd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

What have you actually done to try remedy the issue? Fluid changes? Solenoid changes?

fluid change going to try and change switches after christmas holidays

here is a picture you can see the 5 switches on the top
    T2eC16hHJIMFHJrh0cyBSoOksHnQ60_12_zps68de5432.jpg

thanks il give this a go where would be cheapest to get the switches

Advertisement