Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Fare Calculator to Android

Options
  • 06-12-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I am trying to implement the Dublin Bus Fare calculator into an Android application but am wondering how to do so.

Do I call the webpage within the application and scrape the result into my database?

Do I ask Dublin Bus for access to their algorithm on their server?

Just thinking of it from a high level approach so excuse the lack of detail.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

Ask dublin bus for access to their API.

If none exists or they won't, then you can try to reverse engineer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

This is something I'm looking at as well.
    Once u have the stops on the route, you're grand.
    Just count how many there is, if its under 3, its X, if its over 3, less than 10 or whatever, then it costs Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

The_B_Man wrote: »
    This is something I'm looking at as well.
    Once u have the stops on the route, you're grand.
    Just count how many there is, if its under 3, its X, if its over 3, less than 10 or whatever, then it costs Y.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think stages are the same as stops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Well the way I was looking at it for my app was, since I'm already able to get a list of stops on any route, I can just count from the current stop to the destination stop, and count how many stops that is down the list.
    Once I have home many stops it is, then I can calculate the fare.

Advertisement