Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacken Open Air 2014

Options
  • 06-12-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone heading to this? The tickets are long sold out, since last August! Why do they sell them so early >.< I was trying to sign up to the ticket exchange via metaltix in the hope of getting some tickets. Was anyone else having any trouble with this, doesn't seem to be working for me on the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

The lads over in Germany secured a ticket for me, so if I can make it, I'll join the craic.

Have only been to Wacken once back in 2006 just to see Carnivore, but I must say the entire thing was very well organized. Great food selection. Toilets frequently cleaned (and there's many of them), etc. Ownly downside is that they sell tickets waaaaaaay over the venues capacity, so for the headliners gigs, you feel like a canned sardine even when standing 300 meters in the back)

All is not lost for you yet: The tickets are personalized in order to fight touting. The only way to resell (and re-personalize) them is for face value through one of their official reselling platforms. There will be many on sale, since lots of people (like me) are completely unsure one year in advance if they'll be able to make it or not.

Let me dig through my metaltix (=the promoter) newsletters for more info on this. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you subscribe to their Newsletter (through the Wacken site). They will announce the official platforms in there with dates when batches go online and the mails are send in English and in German.

Good luck!

Edit:
    found the URLs:

Platform:
    http://www.metaltix.com/index.php?view=woaticketexchange

Instructions:
    http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-tickets-shop/faq-personalization-14/

Advertisement