Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Slim Repair

Options
  • 06-12-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, I need some help with my PS3 Slim as it has stopped ejecting disks.

I took the whole thing apart, including the Blu Ray Drive, and put it back together. The drive will read the discs that I put in, but the only way to get the disc back out is to take the console apart again. When I push the eject button, the software thinks the disc is ejected even though it's not. This means I have to either turn the console off and back on again to get the same disk going, or take the console apart to get the disc out to change it.

When I took the drive apart a small bit of white plastic fell out. I have no idea where this came from, but I have a feeling it is the cause of the problem.

I think I have to replace the drive but I'm not sure what drive to buy, or where to buy it. I have the 160gb CECH 3003-A model. If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sounds like your drive is misaligned, probably broken. Perhaps this video will of some help to you

Advertisement