Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To get real player to play files ?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi not wonderfully tech minded so please excuse , how do I get real player to play the files? Please see image hope it helps , cheers in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

madred006 wrote: »
    Hi not wonderfully tech minded so please excuse , how do I get real player to play the files? Please see image hope it helps , cheers in advance .

No. 1 Get rid of Real Player :P

Download VLC player (free). You can load files from the File menu or dropping files into the play window.

Regarding Real Player, it would be useful to know what format those movies are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

you could always just download CCCP Its Combined Community Codec Pack
    dont mind the Hammer and Sickle logo.

it will install all codecs you need to play any file with any player you like, it also comes with a packaged Media player classic. (which IMO is great small and dose everything you need)

the picture you have attached is only the folders where the files are in. pick one and then see what extension the file is ie .avi .mov .mp4 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

you could always just download CCCP Its Combined Community Codec Pack
    dont mind the Hammer and Sickle logo.

it will install all codecs you need to play any file with any player you like, it also comes with a packaged Media player classic. (which IMO is great small and dose everything you need)

the picture you have attached is only the folders where the files are in. pick one and then see what extension the file is ie .avi .mov .mp4 .....

Cheers for your help so far have downloaded Vic player .when I open folder it is split with 2 choices audio_ts and video _ts and when I open video I get the following see pic , cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Feck Real Player, VLC is the one you need.

Anyways, you can select the Video_TS which will start the DVD. If you just want to play the movie then select VTS_01_1 file and select VLC as the player to open it with.

EDIT: Forgot about that you can right-click on the folder and select "Play with VLC Player"

Don't go into the folder. Right click the folder itself and select 'play with VLC'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

ok so what you need to do is use the the open folder option in VLC and navigate to where those files are. they appear to be (ill assume legal backups of DVD's)

then they should open an play correctly

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The Video_TS.IFO file is what you should open. This will launch the menu of your DVD disc rip. VLC will do the job, not sure Real Player will (and I wouldn't recommend it's use in the first place!)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Guys thanks for your help on this .

Advertisement