Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5s return

• 06-12-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

When i press down gently on the middle-left hand side of my 5s i get a clicking sound. A person in another forum told me he had the same problem with two 5s phones and got them replaced by apple.
    I want to contact apple and try a arrange for a replacement.
    The problem is there is a very small indent on the right hand bottom corner of the phone, there is not a mark anywhere else on the phone.
    So my question is will apple replace the phone or will they pull me up over the small indent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they will ask if there's any external damage to the phone. It's up to you whether you want to risk lying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

they will ask if there's any external damage to the phone. It's up to you whether you want to risk lying to them.

So i take it that this indent is too bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's a simple question, they'll ask for external damage, if you tell the truth they'll still replace it. if you don't you run the risk of them going "well you lied so no replacement"

for what it's worth i had a dent like that in my iphone 5 and have had it replaced for another reason from them fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I got an iPhone 5s about 3 weeks ago...found a dead pixel on it after a few days...but there was also the tiniest indent just under the home button and you could see a crack was coming up from it. I knew it wasn't me becasue I had been holding it with so much care for those few days (didnt get to buy a case for it yet) so i called Apple up, told them about the dead pixel and as that is a valid reason for replacement, they couriered me out a new phone two days later, and i sent back the original one (postage paid for) - all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Ok thanks for the help!
    Just got of the phone to them there and I was told if it was still in the 14 days period they would replace it straight away. Since its not he said to call again if it gets any worse or interferes with the general usage of the phone and they will look at it to repair or replace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement