Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FASTWAY couirer drivers sgning "your name "for parcels / goods???????!!

Options
  • 06-12-2013 4:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Hi,

I had accept a parcel yesterday form amazon.co.uk via FASTWAY COURIERS, grand no problem ,parcel was grand.........happy days :)

(parcel was for my sister, as I was just house sitting as she was away for few days)
    But, when I ASKED FASTWAY DRIVER , about signing for parcel

"he said was ok! that he'd would SIGN, name himself as "was grand"!! :eek::eek:

So, if you ever have parcel go missing/broke/etc, but they say you signed for IT "but really was A COURIER DRIVER SIGNING YOUR NAME"

where do ya go, then as for as shop concerned you signed for item "you fault if something wrong" crazy,crazy!!

crazy, that a company should do this...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Make a complaint to them then. No point bitching about it on here.

I agree with you BTW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 onemoredead

Not, bitching!!

Just let people KNOW, WHAT THE CRAIC IS AND WHAT some couriers will get UP TO!!

What if, was a 1300 euro worth parcel.. and and being problem(Damage/etc)...............

Just stating, what went on!! as parcel was ok :).........So no problem only that there drivers "would do such a thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

why didn't you just sign for it if it was all in order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

why didn't you just sign for it if it was all in order?
    Op is saying they never got the chance to sign. with a recent tracked parcel of mine from Amazon it was dropped through the letterbox and driver was gone. no signature sought.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Op is saying they never got the chance to sign. with a recent tracked parcel of mine from Amazon it was dropped through the letterbox and driver was gone. no signature sought.

he/she said they had to accept it for their sister and they were house sitting so that would suggest they had a chance to sign. as for couriers dropping stuff off without a signature, it's called common sense. i've had stuff delivered from sports direct where they leave it in the bin and throw a note through the door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

he/she said they had to accept it for their sister and they were house sitting so that would suggest they had a chance to sign. as for couriers dropping stuff off without a signature, it's called common sense. i've had stuff delivered from sports direct where they leave it in the bin and throw a note through the door.
    normally the courier will request a signature or stick a clipboard and biro in your face giving you a chance to make your mark. Op seems to be saying this did not happen. It could also be the case that where a signature has been got at an address previously then when subsequent deliveries are made the itens can be dropped through the letterbox or just handed to the occupant without getting a signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I've had this happen with An post, was tracking the parcel using the website, and noticed it said received and signed for by my brother, rang my brother to see where he was leaving the parcel for me and he wasn't at the home, hadn't been all day.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    normally the courier will request a signature or stick a clipboard and biro in your face giving you a chance to make your mark. Op seems to be saying this did not happen.

still don't see the problem. he took the parcel in, seen it was ok and the driver said he'd mark it as delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

We have stopped shopping with littlewoods as they use Fastways.
    Left goods on step. No signature.

Goods cost 75 euro.:mad:

We had cctv of the driver doing this and passed same to Littlewoods.

We now only use DPD they send text's and give you 3 deliver dates you can pick from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I have the problem of the Fastway courier being awkward, sayying he doesn't know when he's going to be in my town, and he won't just drop it up to my house, its only worth £6 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

In all my time of delivering mail and handing out parcels at the depot, the only amazon parcels I've ever come across that required a signature are ones that the buyer paid for express postage with (they have an orange EMS barcoded sticker on them). Regular Amazon items only require a scan of the barcode just to update tracking information, no signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

This has happened to me a few times(not with that particular company though), on the one occasion that the package went missing it just took a bit of arguing for them to accept fault(signature not mine and driver description of address didn't match house). It's the drivers risk doing it, but it can be handy for when you know you won't be at home but need the parcel asap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 onemoredead

ITS OK "WHEN YOU SPEND 50 EURO ON CHEAP ITEMS FROM SPORTS DIRECT ETC!! CAN BE LEFT IN SHED, DOORSTEP /BIN.......

BUT, NEVER GAVE "THE CHANCE TO SIGN, HE ONLY HAD PARCEL NOTHING ELSE" NO COMPUTER / CLIP BOARD!!

WHAT IF, WAS "LIKE A MOTORCYCLE HELMET I BOUGHT LAST WEEK" FOR 1299.00 AND WENT MISSING !AND ONLY FEW MADE AS IS LTD EDITION "WITH 6+MOUTH WAITING LIST" ITEM!! WHERE DO YOU GO THEN??????????

OR A PARCEL WORTH 5-10 GRAND!!! IS IT OK, THEN TO LEAVE WHERE EVER "WILLY NILLY"

! WELL??? (THANK GOD, LID WAS IN DHL HANDS) NOT COWBOYS LIKE FASTWAY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

I had an amazon parcel delivered by an post last week worth €70 left in the porch only for i heard the sliding door stuff could have been robbed.

ITS OK "WHEN YOU SPEND 50 EURO ON CHEAP ITEMS FROM SPORTS DIRECT ETC!! CAN BE LEFT IN SHED, DOORSTEP /BIN.......

BUT, NEVER GAVE "THE CHANCE TO SIGN, HE ONLY HAD PARCEL NOTHING ELSE" NO COMPUTER / CLIP BOARD!!

WHAT IF, WAS "LIKE A MOTORCYCLE HELMET I BOUGHT LAST WEEK" FOR 1299.00 AND WENT MISSING !AND ONLY FEW MADE AS IS LTD EDITION "WITH 6+MOUTH WAITING LIST" ITEM!! WHERE DO YOU GO THEN??????????

OR A PARCEL WORTH 5-10 GRAND!!! IS IT OK, THEN TO LEAVE WHERE EVER "WILLY NILLY"

! WELL??? (THANK GOD, LID WAS IN DHL HANDS) NOT COWBOYS LIKE FASTWAY!!!

a 5-10 grand parcel :pac:

there's a lot of if's there and you're clearly a dramatic type so i'll remind you of what actually happened again. you took a parcel off a courier which was in good condition. you asked could you sign for it and he said it was fine, he would mark it off himself. you have the parcel, he delivered the parcel and everything in the world is ok. all your examples are b*llocks and it's actually DHL that deliver my 'cheap' sports direct stuff and leave it in the bin. OH THE HORROR!!!!

caps-lock.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

OP as said already if anything bad was to happen the delivery driver would be held responsible not you. What kind of motorcycle helmet did you buy? the only one I can find for more than 800 is a limited edition Arai for 2.5K.

guttenberg wrote: »
    OP as said already if anything bad was to happen the delivery driver would be held responsible not you. What kind of motorcycle helmet did you buy? the only one I can find for more than 800 is a limited edition Arai for 2.5K.

he didn't buy one. he made it up in his head just like he imagined there was a problem with the courier. you would do very well to find a helmet that has a "6 mouth" waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

What happened his last posts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nonsense posts removed, and thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement