Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I copy a google maps that has been embedded on a site?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Need a little help here.

There is website that has a google map showing all of their locations.

What I want to know is how do I go about copying this map, so that I can interact with it on google maps myself? The map which has been embedded on the site, although it comes from google maps you can only view the locations, you can't actually use any of the features that are available on google maps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Hi guys,

Need a little help here.

There is website that has a google map showing all of their locations.

What I want to know is how do I go about copying this map, so that I can interact with it on google maps myself? The map which has been embedded on the site, although it comes from google maps you can only view the locations, you can't actually use any of the features that are available on google maps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jean

Do you mean that it is a static map? I think you could get the address/latlng by using developer tools to get the info from the JavaScript variables. The Google maps api does a good job of explaining how to work with the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Your question is a little vague so the answer is go to https://maps.google.com.

When you add google maps to your website, you must add all the features also. If the map which you want to 'copy' does not have the interaction features that you would like it is because the developer did not add those features.

If you would like to use those features, either go google maps, or get yourself a google id / api key, create your own map and add all the features that you want.

Advertisement