Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

nc6000 wrote: »
    Where are you selling them?

adverts, toutless... selling them under cost price at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gary at black house

Who might I email for enquiries? MCD?

I'm just wondering if I can bring a flask to the venue? I understand we're not allowed bottle caps, but it would be good to have a water source.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Hi folks

Not sure if this has been asked already but is it handy enough to get to/from Marlay Park by car for a gig like this? Coming up from Clare on the day.

The only time I've ever been is to Daft Punk in '06 and that was by bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

Trilla wrote: »
    adverts, toutless... selling them under cost price at this stage

How much are you selling them for?

I still havent got ticket yet.

Alot of people getting rid of them. Some are even selling them for face value. I think they are going to be left stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

How much are you selling them for?

I still havent got ticket yet.

Alot of people getting rid of them. Some are even selling them for face value. I think they are going to be left stuck with them.

Bought them for 127, will sell them for 45 each at this stage. My ad is on adverts.ie and if you're interested pm me!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

Trilla wrote: »
    Bought them for 127, will sell them for 45 each at this stage. My ad is on adverts.ie and if you're interested pm me!

Thanks

Hi Trilla, Im not sure what my plans are yet. I would love to go, so it will be Saturday before Ill know.

Ill pm you then to see if you still have them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FioByr

I was wondering what time I should get to Marlay Park, so I could be reasonably near the front of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Inkyhead wrote: »
    Hi folks

Not sure if this has been asked already but is it handy enough to get to/from Marlay Park by car for a gig like this? Coming up from Clare on the day.

The only time I've ever been is to Daft Punk in '06 and that was by bus.

Southbound on M50, then come off at the Dundrum exit, and keep left for a little, and Marley is on your right.
    I think that's how it is at least. I may recheck before I head up, but it's pretty straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'm wondering what the best public transport options are from town? I've never been to a gig in Marlay Park before so I'm wondering if it will be a bit of a nightmare to get home from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

any decent pubs for a pre drink near marley park ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

ricero wrote: »
    any decent pubs for a pre drink near marley park ?
    Ballinteer House, Couch House, The Eden
    conorhal wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the best public transport options are from town? I've never been to a gig in Marlay Park before so I'm wondering if it will be a bit of a nightmare to get home from.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91007858&postcount=414
    also looking for stage times…
    Me too - nothing on MCD.ie yet, other than the 15.00 opening time;
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/arcade-fire-dublin-06-29-2014/event/18004B89A9D848D0
    if you only want to see AF then you would be fine.
    Dublin match should be over by 5:30, walk out to Drumcondra and get on the 16 and would be out to Marley Park by 7 anyway.

Ham Sandwich are on at 4:30 so with at least an hour set, and about 40mins stage setup before The Pixies, it will be 6:15 at the earliest until they go on stage i'd imagine.
    A tad early, no? I'd have thought Pixies around 7pm to 8.15, Arcade Fire 9pm to 10.45 - something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

My guess is Tvvins 3.30-4.15, Ham Sandwich 5- 6, Pixies 6.45- 8.15, AF 9-10.45... Roughly...

Shouldn't be too hard to plan your day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

MattD wrote: »
    My guess is Tvvins 3.30-4.15, Ham Sandwich 5- 6, Pixies 6.45- 8.15, AF 9-10.45... Roughly...

ham sandwich playing yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MattD wrote: »

I expect 2hrs, maybe 2hrs10mins from AF

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

Anyone suiting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been a while since I've been out to Marlay Park for a gig and can't remember, the DB shuttles back into town at the end of the night - how much are they? Or are they even done anymore :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rojerdandry

Who might I email for enquiries? MCD?

I'm just wondering if I can bring a flask to the venue? I understand we're not allowed bottle caps, but it would be good to have a water source.

I don't want to sound flippant, but would you not shell out for a bottle of water at the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

mccreesj wrote: »
    Do you think I will be able to bring in a folding camping chair?

My wife will be 36-weeks pregnant on Saturday, so will need a seat to rest on every now and then while we're there. The "event T&Cs" state no chairs, but surely they'll make an exception for a pregnant woman?

For what it's worth, we're not really fussed about any of the support acts so we'll probably just arrive for around 8pm, assuming Arcade Fire will probably be on-stage at 8:30/9.

I was at Elbow in Kilmainham on Wednesday, I'm 36 weeks - we brought a blanket and a cushion for me to sit on and it was perfect, I could sit down/ get up as needed and although I thought I'd be on my bum for a lot of it, I ended up standing and giving bump a good sway as I was enjoying the music so much. Lots of other expectant Mums there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

For anyone on Spotify, I'd imagine this would be close to the setlist for Arcade Fire, seeing the list of songs they have done in recent concerts, of course it doesn't include any covers they might decide to do ;-)

http://open.spotify.com/user/robfahy/playlist/4lzNjzJl7WeeveSaSY2ae2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Official times (subject to change bla bla bla):
    Gates open at 15:00hrs
    Arcade Fire – 20.30hrs
    Pixies – 18:30hrs
    Ham Sandwich – 16.45
    TVVINS – 15.45hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

robfahy wrote: »
    For anyone on Spotify, I'd imagine this would be close to the setlist for Arcade Fire, seeing the list of songs they have done in recent concerts, of course it doesn't include any covers they might decide to do ;-)

http://open.spotify.com/user/robfahy/playlist/4lzNjzJl7WeeveSaSY2ae2

more or less the full concert from glastonbury will be on the bbc tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

rockey4215 wrote: »
    Anyone suiting up?

I wear a damn suit everyday for work, I'll be in shorts regardless of the weather :P

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

There was a pregnant woman at longitude last year, and she had a fold up chair / stool.

In Iveagh Gardens, we weren't allowed to bring in a fold up chair. We're brought to the disabled area, and then during the concernt, they ran out of chairs, and asked us to bring in the fold up. :)

Thanks,
    LK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

https://bst-hydepark.axs.com/event/29zi6iw3i5nbw9xv/price/0fb7b452645

That's 2.50 for arcade fire tickets in London. Genuine link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Not much Neon Bible on that setlist but I love all the albums so don't mind too much

Pixies setlist from a gig in Croatia the other day http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pixies/2014/jarun-zagreb-croatia-63c1baa3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Unsurprisingly it looks to be sold out (the Hyde Park link)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Noxin wrote: »
    Official times (subject to change bla bla bla):
    Gates open at 15:00hrs
    Arcade Fire – 20.30hrs
    Pixies – 18:30hrs
    Ham Sandwich – 16.45
    TVVINS – 15.45hrs

Can I ask where you got this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

peteeeed wrote: »
    more or less the full concert from glastonbury will be on the bbc tonight