Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Its on bbc2 at 11.05

I didn't check BBC2. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

RainyDay wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got this from?

Ticketmaster - Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Should be an hour and a half of Pixies, epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

If you get a Pit Pass for this can you leave the the gig site and then come back in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If you get a Pit Pass for this can you leave the the gig site and then come back in again?

Depends where they give um.out.. normally its a no though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 FioByr

What time would you have to be at Marlay Park to get a pit pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

FioByr wrote: »
    What time would you have to be at Marlay Park to get a pit pass?

I usually aim to be at a gig at least an hour and a half before gates open.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Had a look at some of the AF set lists for previous gigs. Surprisingly little from Reflektor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FioByr

Everlong1 wrote: »
    I usually aim to be at a gig at least an hour and a half before gates open.
    If I got there at 2, do you think I could get one?

I want to be in the pit but I really don't know if I'm bothered being there for Ham Sandwich :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoWithTheFlow

deisedude wrote: »
    Not much Neon Bible on that setlist but I love all the albums so don't mind too much

Pixies setlist from a gig in Croatia the other day ...

Don't think they'll have a full set like that gig unfortunately since there not headlining, I'd say it will be more a truncated festival set.

Looks like they haven't played Gigantic live on this tour at all, must have retired the song with Kim leaving!

Don't think they'll have a full set like that gig unfortunately since there not headlining, I'd say it will be more a truncated festival set.

Looks like they haven't played Gigantic live on this tour at all, must have retired the song with Kim leaving!

Seems that way but looks like they do play River Euphrates :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If you get pit pass you can walk in and out whenever you like.

Im aiming to be there for ham sambo but have seen them before so there is a chance ill miss them. Def be in for Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

If you get pit pass you can walk in and out whenever you like.

Im aiming to be there for ham sambo but have seen them before so there is a chance ill miss them. Def be in for Pixies

Pixies are the main reason I am going, I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Folks,

Staying in on sandyford road and have a few questions.
    Were is the best place to go for a few swift ones before marley park from the hours of 2-4:30? a nice beer garden would do the finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Folks,

Staying in on sandyford road and have a few questions.
    Were is the best place to go for a few swift ones before marley park from the hours of 2-4:30? a nice beer garden would do the finest.

The eden pub would be your best bet only few mins walk to marlay park. If its too busy there the coach house or ballinteer house are close by also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but did anyone manage to get the £2.50 tickets for the Hyde Park gig today?! :D

A friend of mine got the £2.50 tickets for Black Sabbath, he is gonna be smug now seeing I paid full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

What's the best way to get out to Marlay Park for this, bus or luas? Haven't been to a large capacity gig there in a long time so I don't know what would be best, especially when it comes to getting home after as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    What's the best way to get out to Marlay Park for this, bus or luas? Haven't been to a large capacity gig there in a long time so I don't know what would be best, especially when it comes to getting home after as well.

http://www.mcd.ie/terms/

Return bus tickets from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Anybody have any idea of the site map? Will the main stage be in a similar position as Longitude last year or will it be at a right angle to that against the trees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Listening to the Fire Glastonbury set right now: sorry I'm not going.:(

Listening to the Fire Glastonbury set right now: sorry I'm not going.:(

I don't want to spoil it for myself but can't look away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

bleg wrote: »
    I don't want to spoil it for myself but can't look away.

I keep turning my telly up louder: residents in my hood will be complaining more than the ones round Marlay Park at this rate.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sound quality absolutely brutal on bbc, could barely hear the instruments for the first few songs

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Im so excited now for sunday, don't know how I'll sleep tonight after watching this!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Watching them on glasto now, so tempted to get tickets for Sunday? Are they still available?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Watching them on glasto now, so tempted to get tickets for Sunday? Are they still available?

Check ticketmaster

I can't wait for Sunday. Can't believe it's not sold out. Superhans was right.

d1b17ff6dde7f23988e98f119f393ae2599cb610339cd5ee26c40e26847a2b9f.jpg

Crowd pretty crap so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Quite enjoying most of the music but finding the percussion guy out front and the keyboard player incredibly annoying!!

Advertisement