Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Anyone driving in? What's the best bet for parking?

I'm thinking of spinning over for around 6:30, car parks could already be full at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

keith16 wrote: »
    Anyone driving in? What's the best bet for parking?

I'm thinking of spinning over for around 6:30, car parks could already be full at that stage?

The message going out is parking will be limited so head over for 6 and park 10 mins walk away id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

anyone heading in from northside of the city, remember the Dubs are in action at 4 so Drumcondra will be rammed

Any good pub to watch the world cup at 5 nearby?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Any good pub to watch the world cup at 5 nearby?

The Eden. Wouldn't normally be a favourite of mine but plenty of screens for the game and right across from the entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Oisin1001

Where's the best pick-up spot for after the gig? I've got someone collecting me, and I'm trying to find the best place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Oisin1001 wrote: »
    Where's the best pick-up spot for after the gig? I've got someone collecting me, and I'm trying to find the best place.

Traffic is not too bad after the marley gigs. So just pick a spot and go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Check toutless, I know people trying to flog them under cost value.

Yup, I got mine on adverts for 40 euro. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gary at black house

Jovetic wrote: »
    Where do the buses leave Dublin City for Marlay?

The 16 is pretty common from o' Connell st. or from College Green close to Dame Street. We're getting that bus soon, hope this a lot of fun with some great music. Enjoy your day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

So I've stupidly lost my ticket. If I go to the ticketmaster booth with the booking card can I get it reprinted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is it cool to bring snacks in? No liquids, just nuts/fruit.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    So I've stupidly lost my ticket. If I go to the ticketmaster booth with the booking card can I get it reprinted?

I lost a ticket to a vicar street comedy gig last year. I took my phone showing email confirmation to the TM booth and they were ok with printing out a new one. I did have to ask nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

grizzly wrote: »
    I lost a ticket to a vicar street comedy gig last year. I took my phone showing email confirmation to the TM booth and they were ok with printing out a new one. I did have to ask nice though.

Cool thanks. Do you know if you had a seated or standing ticket? Ticketmaster's website says that they can only reprint seated tickets.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Cool thanks. Do you know if you had a seated or standing ticket? Ticketmaster's website says that they can only reprint seated tickets.

I can't sorry, although at a guess it would probably have been seated. If you ask with a smile you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

First time I saw Arcade Fire live, Pixies were headlining!

Interesting now that it's the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Gorgeous evening here in Marlay Park... Hope ye all have a good time!

I make this their 10th Irish gig? (AF)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Can people verify theres a pit? Doesnt seem.to be one in ham sandwiches photo..
    Would be shocked to not have one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Can people verify theres a pit? Doesnt seem.to be one in ham sandwiches photo..
    Would be shocked to not have one..
    There's no pit.
    Ham sambo were good.
    Pixies were deadly,till black's guitar stopped working on the intro to debaser, so he called it a day. Probably only missed out on debaser and monkey, but still. It's not as if there were no other guitars there.
    30 mins to AF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Arcade Fire 5 songs in....lovely dry evening here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does anyone know if there is cider on sale there? I'm going to arctic monkeys and kings of Leon but wondering is there anything apart from beer on sale. Thanks

Fairly average IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Enjoyed the gig but I don't think they were suited to an outdoor venue, not when it's that bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

went not expecting that much, but in fairness i thought AF put on an excellent show. glory be to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Really enjoyed the gig Arcade Fire were great so were Ham Sandwich and Tvvins. Not really a Pixies fan so didn't really enjoy their set at all, was pretty happy when the guitar stopped working...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads whats the drink?? Vodka tent in Rhk is it over there??

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is cider on sale there? I'm going to arctic monkeys and kings of Leon but wondering is there anything apart from beer on sale. Thanks
    No cider. Heineken only @ €6 a pop. Wine was €6.50. There was v&rb but dunno how much that was (though it was €7 in kilmaimhan sat night).
    Decent choice of food.

Disappointing for me overall. Have seen them a bunch of times and tonight was possibly the worst, pretty close to Oxegen 2007 performance!

Having said that though their worst is better than a lot of bands so still enjoyed myself a lot as per usual but overall slightly disappointed.

Outdoor didn't suit, sound wasn't the best (moved a few times), crowd were ok not great, setlist was a bit bizarre....

I'm a curmudgeon! :p

keith16 wrote: »
    Fairly average IMO.

You're O sucks :-)

• Advertisement

I thought they put on a great show tbh. Opened with U2 Macnas heads singing where the streets have no name. Then halfway through, a Macnas pope benedict head tearing up a picture of sinead o Connor during nothing compares to you. Gig was great overall I thought. Different setlist to Glastonbury. Reasonable crowd athmosphere, zero hassle.

Advertisement