Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never received P60's or payslips

Options
  • 06-12-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have been working part time for the last three years(my boss was only declaring for 2) for 1 day a week at 9 hours in theat day while the rest of my week was take up with college. For the day that I worked I was always paid €90 in cash. I never once received a payslip or any P60's since I started. However, I was recently let go from my job and went to citizens information to find out what my options were.
    They told me to contact my boss and find out if he has been issuing payslips for me. I did so and it turns out hat he has. He also said that he would give me all documentation and a P45 so I'm not sure if this will affect any redundancy claim so any advice on that would be helpful(Note there is nobody working on the day that I used to work as the company has decided to close down on that day completely if that info is of any use)
    Now this leaves me in a massive predicament because I was forced to falsify documents regarding income due to lack of payslips, etc.
    I know that I'm going to have to pay back three years worth of tax to revenue but I'm wondering what sort of trouble I could be in courtesy of my boss being a royal twat. I know that what he's done is illegal but that's not for me to deal with.
    Any advice would be welcome.

Ps. Does.anyone know what forms one must fill out to claim 2 years of unpaid and denied holiday pay. Apparently because my boss kept paying.me cash he was under the illusion that I had no workers rights.

Regards,
    AzKai

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

No one "forced" you to falsify any documents - you should have requested your payslips etc from your employer years ago.

What makes you think you owe three years with of tax to Revenue? Hasn't your employer been paying this all along? I.e. the €90 cash you were receiving may have been net of tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AzKai

I did request payslips but was told that I was just being paid as a cash-in-hand worker. He has only been paying tax for me since 2012 and I have been working since October of 2010. I received only one p60 and my p45 and it appears he has been paying tax for me but not for the full time I was working there which will affect my redundancy claim and any claims I make for unpaid holiday pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

At €90 a week you're below the threshold for liability for tax. What tax is he paying for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Presumably employer PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Presumably employer PRSI.

In that case is it not a case of reporting it to revenue and letting them argue it with the company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AzKai

Thanks all for the advice. everything has nearly sorted itself out. I rang up the grant's offices and let them know the situation. they allowed me to ammend the paperwork but as there would have been no change had my income been counted at the time they said to let it lie at that and not let it happen again.

However I'm having trouble sorting out some arrears my boss has, i.e I have from the period of 1/1/12 to the 31/12/12 of unpaid holiday pay and from 1/1/13 to 29/11/13 of unpaid holiday. He has been avoiding my calls all day. I know that I can only claim both of those terms, and correct me if I'm wrong, if I'm within the second half of the leave year, which I assume that I am, but how can I find out for sure what my employer designates the leave year start so he couldn't lie to me and swindle me out of 1 years holiday pay? Now I know for holiday pay you get 8 hours for every 100 worked but I have a surplus of 30 or 40 per year; are those counted also? If my boss refuses to settle these arrears what's the best way I can go in order to claim them? I remember having a conversation with my co-worker who said he doesn't get paid leave. What if he tries to say the same that I was never entitled to it(which I know is wrong)?
    Thanks in advance,
    AzKai

Advertisement