Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homeschooling mom

• 06-12-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

are there any homeschoolers out there who know of educational activities nationally that you can get involved in as a lay person. I've heard of one that does computer programming and i know in school we did choral competitions and science fair things competing with other schools like debates etc and i wonder if homsechoolers can get involved in these under another umbrella perhaps. thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Computer programming is often done through Coder Dojo, see if you have one in your locality. Have you looked at the HEN network?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 horace456

Computer programming is often done through Coder Dojo, see if you nhave one in your locality.
    yes coder dojo that's the thing. Nothing on hen about it but I'll check I'm sure they have a website of their own. Can't join hen forum u have to pay membership fees to join. Not up for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 safarigirl

Hen is only 25 euro a year to join and you get a list of email addresses of other parents homeschooling so it might be worth it!!

bexstar wrote: »
    Hen is only 25 euro a year to join and you get a list of email addresses of other parents homeschooling so it might be worth it!!
    Yes I'm aware thanks. Are you a member how do you find it? Do they umbrella you for entering national schools completions?

horace456 wrote: »
    yes coder dojo that's the thing. Nothing on hen about it but I'll check I'm sure they have a website of their own. Can't join hen forum u have to pay membership fees to join. Not up for that.

Not open until May guess it's a summer thing looks great if love to do it myself lol!! I'd need the preschoolers class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

bexstar wrote: »

Just seeing this board now. You can join the HEN social networking page without being a paid member, and from there you can attempt to contact some of the members in your area (although I've found that the site tends to be poorly managed & a lot of people don't log in frequently). If you're on Facebook do a search for home educators (I know of one very active group called Irish Home Education)

Advertisement