Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4s 8gb help/advice

• 06-12-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I will be buying said phone next week for my 15yr old but i am a little worried on the memory of it.He isn't into music or watching movies on his phone just some Fifa and Youtube with a few app's and that.

Is the 8gb too low on memory for these uses? Or is there a comparable phone for in around the same money (380) with expandable memory that is a decent phone.
    I am not looking for second hand if possible unless i get a spanking deal.

Also is it actually a good phone? i have read there is some issues around WIF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

dahat wrote: »
    Hi,
    I will be buying said phone next week for my 15yr old but i am a little worried on the memory of it.He isn't into music or watching movies on his phone just some Fifa and Youtube with a few app's and that.

Is the 8gb too low on memory for these uses? Or is there a comparable phone for in around the same money (380) with expandable memory that is a decent phone.
    I am not looking for second hand if possible unless i get a spanking deal.

Also is it actually a good phone? i have read there is some issues around WIF

If he ain't into Music or Movies and only a couple of games, then It should be fine,

FIFA is about 1.2GB and then some apps.

Youtube is mainly streaming and not really saving to the phone

4S is a grand phone but is 2 generations old

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If he ain't into Music or Movies and only a couple of games, then It should be fine,

FIFA is about 1.2GB and then some apps.

Youtube is mainly streaming and not really saving to the phone

4S is a grand phone but is 2 generations old

DT

Thanks. i understand it is a bit out of date as such but it fits cost wise and plus he is 15 getting his first "proper" phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

I wouldn't pay 380 for a new 4S.
    You'd get a perfect second hand one for maybe 250-300.
    You'd also get a perfect second hand iPhone 5 for maybe 350-380.
    Try Adverts.ie for them.

Other phones you could look at are the HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Sony Xperia Z.
    All of these could be gotten for around 350-400 in great condition second hand, apart from the nexus 5, which could be got brand new for around that price.
    The nexus 4 could be got for around 250-300 in perfect condition second hand.
    You could also look at the new Moto G, which could be gotten for cheap and is a very good spec phone for the money.
    The 16GB can be got in shops, including Argos here for just 215€. You'll find it cheaper if you shop around but thats just an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

ive the 8gb iphone 4, i have very little music and apps and my memory is nearly full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

amandaf675 wrote: »
    ive the 8gb iphone 4, i have very little music and apps and my memory is nearly full

How many selfies have ya saved on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭dahat

mcw92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay 380 for a new 4S.
    You'd get a perfect second hand one for maybe 250-300.
    You'd also get a perfect second hand iPhone 5 for maybe 350-380.
    Try Adverts.ie for them.

Other phones you could look at are the HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Sony Xperia Z.
    All of these could be gotten for around 350-400 in great condition second hand, apart from the nexus 5, which could be got brand new for around that price.
    The nexus 4 could be got for around 250-300 in perfect condition second hand.
    You could also look at the new Moto G, which could be gotten for cheap and is a very good spec phone for the money.
    The 16GB can be got in shops, including Argos here for just 215€. You'll find it cheaper if you shop around but thats just an example.

Moto G is out of stock everywhere it seems, pity as it was a phone i considered.

I have a fear of buying 2nd hand even though HTC can be gotten for the same money. 380 seems a whole lot of money but doesn't buy a whole lot really, madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

dahat wrote: »
    Moto G is out of stock everywhere it seems, pity as it was a phone i considered.

I have a fear of buying 2nd hand even though HTC can be gotten for the same money. 380 seems a whole lot of money but doesn't buy a whole lot really, madness

This BA might be of interest to you.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057100285/1/#post87904683

Phone is pretty much identical spec to the Nexus 4 apart from a bigger higher res screen.

Advertisement