Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letters from social welfare encouraging emmigration

Comments

No copy of the letter?

There was notices up in dole offices a while back and the same ridiculous reaction came then. We live in a massive free-trade area and have access to a labour market 100 times greater than ours and people should be reminded of that. There's no obligation on anyone to leave, it will suit some people short-term, it'll suit some people long-term and there are some people it won't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

No copy of the letter?

There was notices up in dole offices a while back and the same ridiculous reaction came then. We live in a massive free-trade area and have access to a labour market 100 times greater than ours and people should be reminded of that. There's no obligation on anyone to leave, it will suit some people short-term, it'll suit some people long-term and there are some people it won't suit.

Its not a ridiculous reaction.What do you think people are - resources for the betterment of the global economy? The state spends a fortune educating people, and then suggests they emigrate tearing social fabrics with deep consequences. Ireland's white flag to its people

D1stant wrote: »
    Its not a ridiculous reaction.What do you think people are - resources for the betterment of the global economy? The state spends a fortune educating people, and then suggests they emigrate tearing social fabrics with deep consequences. Ireland's white flag to its people

So pretend that Ireland is the only place they can work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If the Dept of Social Welfare is encouraging people to work, that is a good thing.

what should they do instead, say stay on the dole, you're grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Will they pay them to leave and set themselves up in the UK? Where do I sign up for this payment?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Basically they want you to leave so you can make the government look good when quoting statistics,or ill quoting them for that matter..

When you leave you will be off the live registrar,if everybody on the dole left,or even a quarter that would make the government look like they are actively doing something about unemployment which they are not.

Most people as it is cannot afford to move let alone move country,how do they realistically expect someone on from 100 per week to 144 a week to 188 a week to leave ?? With ESB,water,property tax and food bills and lets not forget the forced tv tax,how on earth are they going to pay up for a move like this???

The government clearly havent thought it through,and havent lived in the shoes of those living on a shoe string budget...

Unemployment has hit a lot of areas where i live,and i was unemployed for a long time.

If you ask people can they afford a move they will tell you straight out no,a lot of people who are moving are doing off of loans or budgets saved up from relatives and family/friend clubbing together and qualified professionals,those on the dole who are not working cannot afford to rub two red cents together.

This government needs to get a grip on reality or bite the dust.

This letter urging people to go to canada is the last straw,it is a damning indictment of the governments failure to provide a credible jobs market for its people.

Isnt that what governments are supposed to do attract jobs and look out for peoples social issues?

I'd say they failed abysmally on both counts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Will they pay them to leave and set themselves up in the UK? Where do I sign up for this payment?

Right on. Emmigration grant!

Most people as it is cannot afford to move let alone move country,how do they realistically expect someone on from 100 per week to 144 a week to 188 a week to leave ??

I know some people who could afford to leave and some who couldn't. I'm not one of the "go to England with a fiver in your pocket" bull****ters but I don't see the issue with informing people of opportunities abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Isnt that what governments are supposed to do attract jobs and look out for peoples social issues?

I'd say they failed abysmally on both counts..

There were 58,000 more jobs in the last year, hardly an abysmal failure. Which European country did better?

Emigration isn't great, but neither is being unemployed living off everyone else.

I hope the descendants of every emigrant in this current wave, learn and recollect the savage indifference Ireland shows to its citizens and diaspora, ad remembers how it is tearing families and generations apart the next time Ireland looks to shake down its diaspora for money. Ireland had one shot an generational continuity and blew it. And now instead of promotions growth, they are promoting citizens to leave their own country just to get their numbers down.

Department of Social Protection? Is that what they call themselves?

• Advertisement

I know some people who could afford to leave and some who couldn't. I'm not one of the "go to England with a fiver in your pocket" bull****ters but I don't see the issue with informing people of opportunities abroad.
    It is a problem and i'll tell you why...An important part of the governments job is to attract jobs to the market,they simply havent done that..
    This letter is a damning indictment of that abosolute spectacular failure..
    Instead they have set up job bridge which encourages employers to not pay staff they could employ on a paid for basis..

This means job bridge in effect actually further increasese unemployment that is already there,while fiddling the statistics those people who do work for job bridge are exploited by both government(so they can look good on paper),and by companies(who can save more on their profit margins by not actually paying one single worker)..

Its a situation that is toxic to the jobs market 1. a government doing sweet f*ck all to attract jobs,and 2. The setting up of schemes like FAS and job bridge taking jobs away from the community.

Sending this letter as said before is the last straw the government has a responsiblity to the enrichment of this nation,and its not doing its job..

We need to stop voting the same old same old shuffle of fine gael fianna fail and labour..All cheeks of the same old arse really..

I hope the descendants of every emigrant in this current wave, learn and recollect the savage indifference Ireland shows to its citizens and diaspora, ad remembers how it is tearing families and generations apart the next time Ireland looks to shake down its diaspora for money. Ireland had one shot an generational continuity and blew it. And now instead of promotions growth, they are promoting citizens to leave their own country just to get their numbers down.

Department of Social Protection? Is that what they call themselves?

Savage, evil and amoral?

It is a problem and i'll tell you why...An important part of the governments job is to attract jobs to the market,they simply havent done that..
    This letter is a damning indictment of that abosolute spectacular failure..
    Instead they have set up job bridge which encourages employers to not pay staff they could employ on a paid for basis..

This means job bridge in effect actually further increasese unemployment that is already there,while fiddling the statistics those people who do work for job bridge are exploited by both government(so they can look good on paper),and by companies(who can save more on their profit margins by not actually paying one single worker)..

Its a situation that is toxic to the jobs market 1. a government doing sweet f*ck all to attract jobs,and 2. The setting up of schemes like FAS and job bridge taking jobs away from the community.

Sending this letter as said before is the last straw the government has a responsiblity to the enrichment of this nation,and its not doing its job..

We need to stop voting the same old same old shuffle of fine gael fianna fail and labour..All cheeks of the same old arse really..
    So who did attract all those jobs that have been created?
    I'm not going to defend Jobbridge, stop muddying the waters on this discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Department Of Social Rejection sounds more accurate.

There were 58,000 more jobs in the last year, hardly an abysmal failure. Which European country did better?

Emigration isn't great, but neither is being unemployed living off everyone else.

We have the lowest percentage of working people in the whole of the EU..So yes i would say the irish have a very bad record..

according to finfacts.ie ''The report finds that the percentage of people in jobless households increased very rapidly after the start of the recession, from 15% in 2007 to 22% in 2010 (latest data). The percentage in Ireland is now double the average across Europe and the highest of 31 European countries.''

So who did attract all those jobs that have been created?
    I'm not going to defend Jobbridge, stop muddying the waters on this discussion.

Im not muddying the waters on this discussion i do think that job bridge and the expoitation schemes such as fas are relevant to how this affects the jobs market..

Im not muddying the waters on this discussion i do think that job bridge and the expoitation schemes such as fas are relevant to how this affects the jobs market..

Do you think that there should be no mention of opportunities abroad? Should we boycott companies who are involved in those Canada/Australia job expos and the like?

Where did i say that button? Get a hold of yourself. I never said boycott any company,im just saying that the govt/social welfare are being ridiculously unrealistic by expecting people to just up and pack their bags when as they are they are struggling to survive..Where are these unemployed people going to rack up a couple of thousand euro off the cuff to go out to oz and the like?

Be a bit realistic here..

Where did i say that button? Get a hold of yourself. I neve said boycott any company,im just saying that the govt/social welfare are being ridiculously unrealistic by expecting people to just up and pack their bags when as they are they are struggling to survive..Where are these unemployed people going to rack up a couple of thousand euro off the cuff to go out to oz and the like?

Be a bit realistic here..
    If it's so awful for a state agency to mention the possibility of emigration then shouldn't that amoral, savage and evil action be just as horrendous when a private company does it?

Where's the expectation to leave? Where did all the people on the dole who've left get the money to leave? Some can afford to leave and some can't. Some are suited to leave and some aren't. Some have family situations which stop them from leaving and some don't.
    There's no ramifications for anyone who got the letter and doesn't leave so what's the issue?

There's no ramifications for anyone who got the letter and doesn't leave so what's the issue?

You dont think there is anything wrong with your country asking you to leave bc there is simply no jobs..

There are people who cannot afford being on the dole,its a little insulting and insensitive getting a letter asking you to leave the country when you cannot afford to even feed yourself properly..

For those who are qualified and have a support system it might be fine.

What im saying is this letter is a reflection of the attitude of our government,they are shallow,uncaring and havent a clue how to handle the situation,fine gael/labour are out of their depth when it comes to attracting real sustainable jobs,not job bridge not fas schemes,not 30 jobs in google this year kind of thing,im talking jobs that would be halving the unemployment rate completley.

I think this govenment really hasnt a clue,they have been led by the nose by the IMF/Troika,fair enough things had to be cleaned up.

But when they leave austerity measures will still be in place long after they leave,people havent a penny in their pocket to spend to stimulate the economy and there are less and less jobs out there and more and more people applying for the same jobs..

Its a disgrace if you ask me,and to not expect the government to attract jobs and look out for you on social issues is quite something else..

• Advertisement

You dont think there is anything wrong with your country asking you to leave bc there is simply no jobs..

There are people who cannot afford being on the dole,its a little insulting and insensitive getting a letter asking you to leave the country when you cannot afford to even feed yourself properly..

What im saying is this letter is a reflection of the attitude of our government,they are shallow,uncaring and havent a clue how to handle the situation,fine gael/labour are out of their depth when it comes to attracting real sustainable jobs,not job bridge not fas schemes,not 30 jobs in google this year kind of thing,im talking jobs that would be halfing the unemployment rate completley.

I think this govenment really hasnt a clue,they have been led by the nose by the IMF/Troika,fair enough things had to be cleaned up.

But when they leave austerity measures will still be in place long after they leave,people havent a penny in their pocket to spend to stimulate the economy and there are less and less jobs out there and more and more people applying for the same jobs..

Its a disgrace if you ask me,and to not expect the government to attract jobs and look out for you on social issues is quite something else..

Have you seen the letter? If it's the same as the notices before then it's not a suggestion to leave, it's informing people of vacancies before. It's not suggesting to leave the country for a laugh, it's informing people of vacancies, that's all it ****ing is.

Guess what, those who can't afford to do it, don't have to do it. Those with family commitments, don't have to do it.

Savage, evil and amoral?

Yep. When you look at how it rips apart families. Yes, savage, amoral and evil for the government to encourage people to emmigrate.

Yep. When you look at how it rips apart families. Yes, savage, amoral and evil for the government to encourage people to emmigrate.

What's your idea of ripping a family apart?

Have you seen the letter? If it's the same as the notices before then it's not a suggestion to leave, it's informing people of vacancies before. It's not suggesting to leave the country for a laugh, it's informing people of vacancies, that's all it ****ing is.

Guess what, those who can't afford to do it, don't have to do it. Those with family commitments, don't have to do it.
    I know they dont have to ,but its the fact they are sending these letters basically saying.. ''Right theres no jobs here lads,canada will have to do,pack yer bags''..

Do you not find that at all offensive or do you have one emotion in you at all?

We as a people should galvanise and expect better from our government or vote them out or just get them out of office asap..

I know im talking about protests(Shock horror) but if more people actually bothered to do it we might get somewhere..
    I know there were some smallish protests and one at the biggest was 7,000 people but we need half the country out,that way the government cannot sit on their fat overstuffed laurels any longer..

We get out in our droves when we hear the love ulster parade is on but for jobs???Tumble weed..

I know they dont have to ,but its the fact they are sending these letters basically saying.. ''Right theres no jobs here lads,canada will have to do,pack yer bags''..
    No. It. Isn't. The day I finish college I'll be looking everywhere for a job, if I can find something in my intended field then I'll go to it. I'll take whatever help I can get.
    Do you not find that at all offensive or do you have one emotion in you at all?
    No, and I don't find jobs fairs offensive either.
    We as a people should galvanise and expect better from our government or vote them out or just get them out of office asap..

I know im talking about protests(Shock horror) but if more people actually bothered to do it we might get somewhere..
    I know there were some smallish protests and one at the biggest was 7,000 people but we need half the country out,that way the government cannot sit on their fat overstuffed laurels any longer..
    Careful now, it's like you have an agenda.
    We get out in our droves when we hear the love ulster parade is on but for jobs???Tumble weed..
    I think most of the people involved in that would be in that general area most days of the weeks.

I have a degree and i have been looking for jobs in ireland(im part time employed),and i want a job in ireland,is that unreasonable to you?

Why should politicians enjoy high paid jobs in ireland and tell us to sling it?

They are not doing their job and we should expect better.End of story.

Doesnt everyone?FFS i want fine gael and lab out so do a lot of people and im not in any poltical field whatsoever :)

I have a degree and i have been looking for jobs in ireland(im part time employed),and i want a job in ireland,is that unreasonable to you?
    Where did I say it was?
    Why should politicians enjoy high paid jobs in ireland and tell us to sling it?
    Why indeed?
    They are not doing their job and we should expect better.End of story.
    We'll have our chance to vote in FF again in a few years anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

What im saying is this letter is a reflection of the attitude of our government,they are shallow,uncaring and havent a clue how to handle the situation,fine gael/labour are out of their depth when it comes to attracting real sustainable jobs,not job bridge not fas schemes,not 30 jobs in google this year kind of thing,im talking jobs that would be halving the unemployment rate completley.

This is one of the best no BS posts i've read on this site in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

No. It. Isn't. The day I finish college I'll be looking everywhere for a job, if I can find something in my intended field then I'll go to it. I'll take whatever help I can get.

No, and I don't find jobs fairs offensive either.

I think most of the people involved in that would be in that general area most days of the weeks.

Bingo.

People who are in favour of or indifferent to such insulting and pointless schemes like this tend to be those who aren't affected by them or have no idea what the reality of being unemployed and having to deal with our glorious state is like.

• Advertisement

Bingo.

People who are in favour of or indifferent to such insulting and pointless schemes like this tend to be those who aren't affected by them or have no idea what the reality of being unemployed and having to deal with our glorious state is like.

I've been unemployed for 2 separate years. I'm expecting to be again in about 5 months time. So get off your cross.

I havent gotten any letters not that i should but if i did i would be very offended at the moment im fighting to hang on to my part time job and do voluntary work for 2 hrs every saturday..Its tough out there it really is..

The market out there at the moment has a saturation of people applying for jobs (for everything) i was listening on the radio just there just got the tail end of the convo on jobs in ireland,as it is its very depressing and people are saying this could be the lost decade for jobs growth in ireland,which is pretty horrible news..

I havent gotten any letters not that i should but if i did i would be very offended at the moment im fighting to hang on to my part time job and do voluntary work for 2 hrs every saturday..Its tough out there it really is..

The market out there at the moment has a saturation of people applying for jobs (for everything) i was listening on the radio just there just got the tail end of the convo on jobs in ireland,as it is its very depressing and people are saying this could be the lost decade for jobs growth in ireland,which is pretty horrible news..

If I got one of those letters, it take it to one of the officers, and start an negotiating a grant. Plane tickets, moving expenses, visa application fees, etc, rent deposits, etc. St least then they might see the ridiculousness in themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I see a link to one site that contains another link to another site. No sign of the letter?

If I got one of those letters, it take it to one of the officers, and start an negotiating a grant. Plane tickets, moving expenses, visa application fees, etc, rent deposits, etc. St least then they might see the ridiculousness in themselves.
    Lol yeah all they need now is an emigration grant to ensure we all leave and make the government look like they are strongly tackling unemployment..

Unemployed?Just leave pack yer bags get out vamoose f*ck off..That should be the government logo for the next election at least it would be more honest lol..

I see a link to one site that contains another link to another site. No sign of the letter?

Letter or no letter i think clairfontaine has a point unlike you..

Haha, brilliant! You should take it to the Gardai and start negotiating those things, it would make as much sense.

• Advertisement

What distance limit would you put on vacancies being mentioned to jobseekers?

What distance limit would you put on vacancies being mentioned to jobseekers?

Becareful who you are trying to pick at button,i never said i would put distance limit on anyone,if youre trying to pick a fight you picked the wrong canidate,if they are unemployed and have the money to leave and no committements then fairwell..I dont see the problem with them leaving as long as there happy to leave their country..

However like i said before if you dont see the problem in the government basically telling you ''here lads there are no jobs f@ck off'' then you have to be well pretty thick skinned..

I think most people who do not have the funds surviving on social welfare and all,would be pretty pissed off..

Becareful who you are trying to pick at button,i never said i would put distance limit on anyone,if youre trying to pick a fight you picked the wrong canidate,if they are unemployed and have the money to leave and no committements then fairwell..I dont see the problem with them leaving as long as there happy to leave their country..
    But the government shouldn't mention such vacancies unless they're within walking distance?
    However like i said before if you dont see the problem in the government basically telling you ''here lads there are no jobs f@ck off'' then you have to be well pretty thick skinned..
    I guess I'm pretty thick-skinned then.
    I think most people who do not have the funds surviving on social welfare and all,would be pretty pissed off..
    People being pissed off doesn't mean they have a point.

But the government shouldn't mention such vacancies unless they're within walking distance?

What a load of clap trap,where did i say it would have to be within walking distance exactly?

I dont think it is unreasonable to expect your government to catch the prorverbial fish,ie create/attract jobs,not f*cking job bridge / Fas schemes..
    People being pissed off doesn't mean they have a point.

People who dont feel their government is looking out for them dont have a point..?

Here why dont you pack your bags and leave on 188 a week saved up see how far that gets you when your in oz,it wont even get you past customs as you have to have to be able to sustain yourself before getting a foot on oz..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Good on ya. Project forward 25 years. You have 3 kids and are struggling with a mortgage. Providing the basics is hard and you have been made redundant. You have paid high taxes for 25 years, but now you are on the wrong side of 40 for the precious job market.Would you have the same attitude to the letter coming from the Government?

Ah sure its grand we will just move. Rip the family from everything they know. Can you not see what a betrayal that sounds like from the Government?

• Advertisement

Absolutely the point distant..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

What a load of clap trap,where did i say it would have to be within walking distance exactly?

I dont think it is unreasonable to expect your government to catch the prorverbial fish,ie create/attract jobs,not f*cking job bridge / Fas schemes..

People who dont feel their government is looking out for them dont have a point..?

Here why dont you pack your bags and leave on 188 a week saved up see how far that gets you when your in oz,it wont even get you past customs as you have to have to be able to sustain yourself before getting a foot on oz..

To be honest hotbabe - I've seen a lot do this. I being one of them. I'm back home now in full time employment and studying, but if you are young, free and single the above can be done but it is very different for those with family ties etc.,

While I do think young people without ties should at least take a chance in going abroad to get work and a bit of life experience, it is wrong and negative for the government to be sending out such letters.

So the government should just pretend no jobs exist outside this country?
    People who dont feel their government is not looking out for them dont have a point..?
    I don't particularly like the government, I don't see the issue.
    Terrible argument. I mean really, surely you can do better. There's so much wrong it's barely worth addressing but I've got a few minutes so I may as well.
    1) I don't have to. These letters don't change that. When I finish college I'll go where I can get a job in my field if possible. If I can get an acceptable job here I may stay, I'll see how it goes.
    2) Even in the media language being used, "encouraged to leave", there's no suggestion that these letters are encouraging people to up sticks and see what happens, they are informing people of job vacancies.
    3) The vacancies in the letters are apparently all within the EU. No visa needed, no 5k needed to get in. Once again, they're not saying to go somewhere and stay in a hostel til you find something, they're informing people of actual job vacancies.
    4) I'm somewhat cynical when someone who claims to be broke manages to go to Australia on a WHV with nothing lined up. This point is a bit of an aside.

To be honest hotbabe - I've seen a lot do this. I being one of them. I'm back home now in full time employment and studying, but if you are young, free and single the above can be done but it is very different for those with family ties etc.,

While I do think young people without ties should at least take a chance in going abroad to get work and a bit of life experience, it is wrong and negative for the government to be sending out such letters.
    The letter basically states we the government have given up,we dont care,we are not going to try our best to attract jobs to ireland in their droves,we dont want to halve unemployment ,instead we will send you out a letter telling you to f@ck off to australia or canada..

Its just not good enough..

I understand if you have nothing to lose and have qualifications and money to go out there and all..

But what the government are saying is they basically fundamentally do not care about their people they are not looking out for them.

Its just not okay.

D1stant wrote: »
    Good on ya. Project forward 25 years. You have 3 kids and are struggling with a mortgage. Providing the basics is hard and you have been made redundant. You have paid high taxes for 25 years, but now you are on the wrong side of 40 for the precious job market.Would you have the same attitude to the letter coming from the Government?
    I would hope my skin will get thicker rather than thinner and that I wouldn't be inconsolable because I was informed there are jobs abroad.
    Ah sure its grand we will just move. Rip the family from everything they know. Can you not see what a betrayal that sounds like from the Government?
    Or, ya know, throw the letter in the bin?

The letter basically states we the government have given up,we dont care,we are not going to try our best to attract jobs to ireland in their droves,we dont want to halve unemployment
    They can't work on that too? Is the person sending out the letters the only person in the department?
    instead we will send you out a letter telling you to f@ck off to australia or canada..
    But Australia and Canada aren't mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Yeah, let's get all hot and bothered over something that no one has seen and no one can provide an actual analysis of. :rolleyes:

I don't particularly like the government, I don't see the issue.

First off its not about disliking the government its about expecting better.
    Terrible argument. I mean really, surely you can do better. There's so much wrong it's barely worth addressing but I've got a few minutes so I may as well.
    1) I don't have to. These letters don't change that. When I finish college I'll go where I can get a job in my field if possible. If I can get an acceptable job here I may stay, I'll see how it goes.
    2) Even in the media language being used, "encouraged to leave", there's no suggestion that these letters are encouraging people to up sticks and see what happens, they are informing people of job vacancies.
    3) The vacancies in the letters are apparently all within the EU. No visa needed, no 5k needed to get in. Once again, they're not saying to go somewhere and stay in a hostel til you find something, they're informing people of actual job vacancies.
    4) I'm somewhat cynical when someone who claims to be broke manages to go to Australia on a WHV with nothing lined up. This point is a bit of an aside.

I never went to oz im was simply stating why dont you up your bags to oz if you feel that strongly. I wasnt relaying my experiences of being in oz for the record.

Ive heard of people getting letters for vacancies for canada and the like,its not just jobs within the eu,and you dont think it costs money to travel,even if it is in the eu, look i know there is freedom of movement in the eu,but it costs money to find a place to stay rent and bills to pay food to eat etc..

I never went to oz im was simply stating why dont you up your bags to oz if you feel that strongly. I wasnt relaying my experiences of being in oz for the record.
    I don't feel strongly on this subject, that's the thing.
    Ive heard of people getting letters for vacancies for canada and the like,its not just jobs within the eu,and you dont think it costs money to travel,even if it is in the eu, look i know there is freedom of movement in the eu,but it costs money to find a place to stay rent and bills to pay food to eat etc..
    Where did I say it doesn't cost money to travel? You're the one mentioning WHVs in places that cost €1k for flights and where you need €5k in the bank. In the EEA (I erroneously mentioned Norway earlier, they're not in the EU, just the EEA) it doesn't cost that much and again, they are specific vacancies, not suggesting to rack up with nowhere to go and nowhere to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The letter basically states we the government have given up,we dont care,we are not going to try our best to attract jobs to ireland in their droves,we dont want to halve unemployment ,instead we will send you out a letter telling you to f@ck off to australia or canada..

Have you seen the letter or not?For someone who stated earlier on that you hadn't,you are giving a fierce critical analysis of it.
    From your posts you continually mention Australia and Canada as the places to "f*ck off" to,why? There are lot's of other countries out there with jobs to be filled.

You also mention on more than one occasion a dislike of FAS,I wouldn't be where I am today without them so I'm going to defend them :P.

I agree with you on your sentiments towards Job Bridge though.

To the wider discussion on the letter,it seems to be a letter giving choices. If it get's 20 people off their holes to go look harder for a job then I applaud its intent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement