Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paypal

• 06-12-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently bought gift on Ebay, paid via paypal.

The gift was supposed to be for Christmas. It was supposed to be brand new, but has clearly been used.

I was wondering how do I go about getting my money back??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Open a dispute on the paypal website. It worked for me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

How long did it take for you to get ur money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Did you contact the seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Contact the seller first.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

Contact the seller asap, make both a verbal and written complaint. Send the goods back as soon as you can. The seller should provide you with a freepost address.

If the seller refuses to refund you, open a dispute with Paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Sean_pop wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently bought gift on Ebay, paid via paypal.

The gift was supposed to be for Christmas. It was supposed to be brand new, but has clearly been used.

I was wondering how do I go about getting my money back??:confused:

Seller should be your first point of contact. A good seller can make the difference between sorting it out in a few minutes and waiting a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Have just contacted seller still waiting on response.

May not get it sorted by Christmas with how crazy post becomes over the Christmas period.

Cheers for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The paypal dispute process starts off with you making a complaint to the seller thru paypal. They then have 7 days to respond.
    Paypal only actually get involved if you and the seller do not reach a mutual agreement. I had a partial refund within 3 days. My issue was a watch not as described but I wanted to keep the watch.

Advertisement