Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND and UPC

• 06-12-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi Guy's

Bought this router TP-Link Model No. TL-WR1043ND as I'm on 200mbps with UPC and thought if i got this it would increase the wireless speed as the Thomson one from UPC only supports wireless speeds of up to 100mbps (which isn't really said to you by UPC!)

I spoke with TP-Link who said this router will actually make my speed slower and they were correct. Wired and wireless is now a lot slower!

Can anyone help out on this i'm not even sure if i can do anything with this router now!

Thanks in advance guys.

Gavin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Unless you get a Wireles AC router and have Wireless AC devices, i'm afraid your stuck with the speed it provides, which is probably around 40-60Mbps depending on if your using Wireless N and aren't two far away from the router.

Not sure what speed your getting for your LAN connection, but the WAN to LAN throughput on the WR1043ND is around 160Mbps, so that will be the max you can get. Basically the CPU just isn't fast enough to handle that many packets of of data.

Advertisement