Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Card?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys.

Is there much difference in the performance between these two cards for the extra €30 on the Geforce. Komplett.ie prices.

Asus Radeon R7260X-DC20C-2GD5 €149.99

Asus Geforce GTX 660 DC20CPH-2GD5 €179.99

Or have ye any other recommendations? For roughly that price range.
    Not possible to purchase through Hardwareversand.

Thanks

Asus P8Z77-V LX
    I5-3330

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

7870 £119 delivered

Better than either of those two. Komplett are pretty bad on pricing compared to other retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

7870 £119 delivered

Better than either of those two. Komplett are pretty bad on pricing compared to other retailers.

Thats brilliant thanks, €145 not too bad at all and it seems to be well reviewed. I hope my psu holds out, as it gets very mixed reviews on amazon.
    Psu is alpine 500w

That PSU is a load of junk. It'd probably fail on a 7870, if it even powers it in games in the first place.

That PSU is a load of junk. It'd probably fail on a 7870, if it even powers it in games in the first place.

Great;)

Well at least I have an old one for backup but I will order a half decent one in the meantime.
    Thanks again

It's just about passable for regular desktop use, for it doesn't have any additional pci-e power connectors as far as I'm aware, and even if it did, the specifications are far too low, and combined with the ultra cheap quality of the unit, I wouldn't even attempt it with the 7870 because you risk causing serious damage and it 100% will not work in games. Something like this is as cheap as I would go. :)

• Advertisement

It's just about passable for regular desktop use, for it doesn't have any additional pci-e power connectors as far as I'm aware, and even if it did, the specifications are far too low, and combined with the ultra cheap quality of the unit, I wouldn't even attempt it with the 7870 because you risk causing serious damage and it 100% will not work in games. Something like this is as cheap as I would go. :)

I'll wait till I have both so, didnt realise my psu was so terrible. Cheers fo the heads up.

Advertisement