Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A2 First Timer Motorbike.

• 06-12-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

This question was asked probably loads of times already, but I would like to have it answered directly to my case.

So I have never ridden a motorbike before, I am 18. 179cm and 73kg. Getting a motorbike was my long time dream and finally I have a chance to make it happen. On the 18th this month I am doing my A2 theory test which should be passed no problem and I have €1500 to spend on a motorbike.

What motorbikes would you suggest me to look at? So far my favorite is Hornet 250, but it seems to be really rare to find it here for that money in good condition due to being import. I'm looking for a decent learners bike, I won't be going 120 km/h in town but I would like to have some decent supply of power under the throttle.

Also according to the type of bike, Its pretty much anything as long as it fits A2 License. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭gipi

Keep in mind that you can't sit your A2 test on a 250cc bike. It has to be a minimum of 395cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boom boom boom

Nearly sure I seen a hornet on done deal for 1300 quid. Looked in great nick for the price. Their a solid enough bike too it's what im driving plenty of power when needed and grand for city driving

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

gipi wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you can't sit your A2 test on a 250cc bike. It has to be a minimum of 395cc.

I won't be sitting A2 Test at the moment, I'm planning to be riding on A2 Provisional and if I decide to sit my full A2 I will rent a bike. :)

Do you have any other suggestions about what motorcycle I could get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Healy Rae Permit Holder

Couldn't go too far wrong with a CBR 250.

Couldn't go too far wrong with a CBR 250.

The old model? Would that be reliable to get?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Healy Rae Permit Holder

The old model? Would that be reliable to get?
    Say the MC19 and MC22 models, get an original one, imo the street fighters or ones with chinese fairings or resprays will be trashed, unless you are getting an absolute bargain, 1000 euros should get you a clean original example, it is a good time to be buying.

Say the MC19 and MC22 models, get an original one, imo the street fighters or ones with chinese fairings or resprays will be trashed, unless you are getting an absolute bargain, 1000 euros should get you a clean original example, it is a good time to be buying.

Yeah, honestly I am not looking at CBR's because they would be trashed and they are fairly old at this stage. I would spend more time putting money into it than riding.

Advertisement