Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound options on PC gone

Options
  • 06-12-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi recently installed Hard drive external on PC and my speakers have stopped working . When I go to sound options it's just inaccessible .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

try Control Panel - Device Manager, and look for question/exclamation marks etc. around your audio/multimedia drivers. they could have become corrupted or uninstalled by mistake. right click and choose update driver software and follow the prompts...

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

johnnybmac wrote: »
    try Control Panel - Device Manager, and look for question/exclamation marks etc. around your audio/multimedia drivers. they could have become corrupted or uninstalled by mistake. right click and choose update driver software and follow the prompts...

Cheers iv tried that and it says software cannot be found , install from cd- rom or if you know location of software , and sorry but I havnt a clue .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Delete all sound devices from Device Manager and reboot. The OS will re-install the drivers on the reboot.

degsie wrote: »
    Delete all sound devices from Device Manager and reboot. The OS will re-install the drivers on the reboot.

Cheers for reply do I delete all sound and video game controllers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

In this case you may need to just down the correct driver software for your sound device. Check out the manufactures website.

• Advertisement

In this case you may need to just down the correct driver software for your sound device. Check out the manufactures website.

Or buy new speakers ? Cheers .

When I remove speakers from PC I still have yellow ? Mark in device manager and under sound and audio properties it says no device .

Advertisement