Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Lukaku @13/8 to finish top scorer for country surely that will change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

francie81 wrote: »
    Lukaku @13/8 to finish top scorer for country surely that will change?

If you follow my link 4 posts ago you will see much better prices on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Austria! wrote: »
    If you follow my link 4 posts ago you will see much better prices on that.

Do you think this would be a banker mate am very tempted as he is in serious form yep cheers for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Personally think Hazard/Mirallas will have something about to say about Lukaku being their top scorer, but only time will tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Having watched Cameroon vs Germany, I think everyone has completely underestimated them. I put 50 on them to qualify @6,

They won't beat Brazil. Which means they need minimum Win/Draw against Mexico or Croatia, and can't see them beating either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Ronaldo, RVP, Lukaku, Dzeko all to top be goal scorer for their countries @23/1

Where????

They won't beat Brazil. Which means they need minimum Win/Draw against Mexico or Croatia, and can't see them beating either.

No one will beat brazil. Means it's a 3 way for second place. I think on tonight's showing I fancy Cameroon. Unfortunately I discounted them early on and backed croatia, and am just going to cover myself now. But my advice to anyone else is have a flutter on cameroon. At those prices it's not bad, and I think they'll beat Mexico alright.
    francie81 wrote: »
    Do you think this would be a banker mate am very tempted as he is in serious form yep cheers for that smile.png

I think it''s a very good bet. I have 700 on it. No such thing as a banker though.
    Where????
    AT the world cup in Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Rossi out of the Italy squad:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

He was my longshot for top goalscorer, along with dzeko. Going to have to find another one now, be tough because I thought Italy could have progressed quite far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Where????

BET365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

He was my longshot for top goalscorer, along with dzeko. Going to have to find another one now, be tough because I thought Italy could have progressed quite far

Balotelli could light things up like in the Euros. Expecting Italy to do well myself

Actually, the more i look at it the more I think that Balotelli looks a very good price at 40/1. If they line out in a 4-3-3 with Cassano and Cerci out wide then he'll almost certainly be their top scorer as Cassano is an assist man and Cerci is great at pulling balls back into the box on the counter.

Italy/Balotelli at 150/1 also looks like something that could be layed after the group stage for a nice profit, assuming they get through.

It's a hard group though and in very hot conditions. Hard to see many Italy goals unless they come in that one match vs Costa Rica.

It's a hard group though and in very hot conditions. Hard to see many Italy goals unless they come in that one match vs Costa Rica.

I'd expect them to score against England too and possibly a couple against Uruguay?

I'd expect Italy to get 5 goals in the group and Balotelli to get 2 of those if not more but maybe that's being overly optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Small stake longshots accums.

Straight forecast group betting.

France/Switzerland 23/10
    Argentina/ Bosnia 7/5
    Germany/Portugal 13/8
    Spain/Chile 11/4

Top team goalscorer

Ronaldo 1/2
    Dzeko 13/8
    Balotelli 7/4
    Cavani 13/8
    Sanchez 21/10
    Van Persie 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Falcao out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Falcao out.

Better off for Colombia, he hasnt played since Jan so he would have been useless in the WC. They have Bacca, Guiterrez and Martinez anyways all of which are on form

Warper wrote: »
    Better off for Colombia, he hasnt played since Jan so he would have been useless in the WC. They have Bacca, Guiterrez and Martinez anyways all of which are on form

Odds didn't even change for Colombia. So bookies were giving odds assuming he was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

neil.p.b wrote: »
    By big do you mean a bunch of 20c bets? Then yes i am!! Forecasting all the groups works out at a min of 200,000/1 so will probably do about 100 combinations. Guaranteed way to lose 20e but it will make games like Russia .v. South Korea a bit more interesting!

What's the best way of doing this? Is there a specific market for each group? A specific bookie? Or do you have to do each individual team in an Acca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

What's the best way of doing this? Is there a specific market for each group? A specific bookie? Or do you have to do each individual team in an Acca?

go to paddypower and look up the group tricast in ' markets ' section.
    Anyone try doing this and handing up like 100 slips @ 20c each for each wc group to come 1st 2nd 3rd?

• Advertisement

Ladbrokes enchancing England to evens tonight at 8pm to qualify.If anyone is interested. Not getting on it myself

Whilst watching Brazil v Panama last night it occured to me that if anyone fancies Brazil to win the WC, then rather than backing them at 3-1, you should just back Neymar to be player of the tournament @ 8-1 instead. If Brazil win the WC then Neymar will almost certainly get player of the tournament as he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the team and is involved in everything they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ladbrokes enchancing England to evens tonight at 8pm to qualify.If anyone is interested.

T&C's
    To Max Stake 25 per customer, singles only.
    Online, Mobile App and in shop to customers who have an Odds on card only.
    Starts 8pm and runs until the 1st goal is scored England v Ecuador.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Ladbrokes enchancing England to evens tonight at 8pm to qualify.If anyone is interested. Not getting on it myself

Why would you not take that bet ? massive value even if you don't think it will happen. Wonder what max is , i've no ladbrokes left unlimited would be all over this if i could get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Whilst watching Brazil v Panama last night it occured to me that if anyone fancies Brazil to win the WC, then rather than backing them at 3-1, you should just back Neymar to be player of the tournament @ 8-1 instead. If Brazil win the WC then Neymar will almost certainly get player of the tournament as he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the team and is involved in everything they do.

And a greater likelihood than him being top scorer, good figuring. Although if the Argies get to the final, I reckon Messi will be at least as good a shout for top player as Neymar. Bit bemused by all the shouts for Dzeko for golden boot: do people think Bosnia will get past what is likely to be a second round match against France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Neymar could get injured early on and Brazil could still win the cup.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Neymar could get injured early on and Brazil could still win the cup.

Highly unlikely and even if Neymar does get injured then Brazil wont win the World Cup

And a greater likelihood than him being top scorer, good figuring. Although if the Argies get to the final, I reckon Messi will be at least as good a shout for top player as Neymar. Bit bemused by all the shouts for Dzeko for golden boot: do people think Bosnia will get past what is likely to be a second round match against France?

The team that wins the WC nearly always provides the player of the tournament.

People are backing Dzeko mainly because of their Group opponents. He could score quite a few against Iran/Nigeria.

People are backing Dzeko mainly because of their Group opponents. He could score quite a few against Iran/Nigeria.

Okay but would he really be likely to win the golden boot on the back of that, assuming Bosnia go out in round 2? And are there not other groups with two equally poor sides defensively: Couldn't you just as well see Lukaku and Russia's top striker filling their boots against Algeria and South Korea?

• Advertisement

Okay but would he really be likely to win the golden boot on the back of that, assuming Bosnia go out in round 2? And are there not other groups with two equally poor sides defensively: Couldn't you just as well see Lukaku and Russia's top striker filling their boots against Algeria and South Korea?

I was just stating why he was being backed, a case can be made for loads of players.

Any stats to back this up? Just did a quick check hasn't been the case in the last 4 world cups , checked last 10 world cups and it has happened 4 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

DominicKid wrote: »
    go to paddypower and look up the group tricast in ' markets ' section.
    Anyone try doing this and handing up like 100 slips @ 20c each for each wc group to come 1st 2nd 3rd?

I've done about 100 at 10-20c bets. Min payout is like €30k. All bets are pretty much reliant on Brazil, Spain, France, Argentina, Germany and Belgium winning their groups. Portugal, Bosnia and Russia finishing second. And Australia, Greece, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran and Algeria finishing last.

That still left about 2000 combinations!! Narrowed it down to about 80 most likely (e.g. Colombia topping group) and then about 20 wild card combos (e.g. Cameron qualifying). Took me a couple of hours! No doubt all my dreams will be shattered within a couple of days.

There's market for most entertaining team. France are 33-1. The most BetVictor let me put on is 25. But this is a great bet. I've watched them in their last friendlies. They are very attacking, lots of tricky wingers, the rather brilliant Pogba in midfield and the chance that Cabaye will hit a screamer from 30 yards. They should go far enough and will definitely rack up goals in the weakest group. This may be the best value bet I've ever seen. Only thing is it's decided by the internet.

Any stats to back this up? Just did a quick check hasn't been the case in the last 4 world cups , checked last 10 world cups and it has happened 4 times.

Did Zidane not win in 2006? I'm sure he at least came second. I like this logic. The POTT has to go far, will have to be the stand out player for their team. I think Neymar and Messi are very good odds on this one as it's hard to see past either of them. Spain and Germany have no stand out players now. I'd possibly consider Di Maria too, in very good form recently and won MOTM in the ECL final.

I've done about 100 at 10-20c bets. Min payout is like €30k. All bets are pretty much reliant on Brazil, Spain, France, Argentina, Germany and Belgium winning their groups. Portugal, Bosnia and Russia finishing second. And Australia, Greece, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran and Algeria finishing last.

That still left about 2000 combinations!! Narrowed it down to about 80 most likely (e.g. Colombia topping group) and then about 20 wild card combos (e.g. Cameron qualifying). Took me a couple of hours! No doubt all my dreams will be shattered within a couple of days.
    how'd you manage only a payout max of €30k i'm getting €70k max
    Btw im doing group tricast.

• Advertisement

how'd you manage only a payout max of €30k i'm getting €70k max
    Btw im doing group tricast.

Min payout. Adjusted stake size on odds, so i'm in a payout range of €30k min and $70k max. Min odds is roughly 200,000/1 for all tri-cast favorites.

Did Zidane not win in 2006? I'm sure he at least came second. I like this logic. The POTT has to go far, will have to be the stand out player for their team. I think Neymar and Messi are very good odds on this one as it's hard to see past either of them. Spain and Germany have no stand out players now. I'd possibly consider Di Maria too, in very good form recently and won MOTM in the ECL final.

Zidane won it but Italy won the final.
    I just don't like the term "almost always" and "almost certainly" when a quick spot check of 10 world cup shows it has happened less than 50% of the time. i'm a numbers man!

Why would you not take that bet ? massive value even if you don't think it will happen. Wonder what max is , i've no ladbrokes left unlimited would be all over this if i could get on.

No matter how good the value is if I don't think they'll get through there is no point in backing it. If it does happen so be it.

No matter how good the value is if I don't think they'll get through there is no point in backing it. If it does happen so be it.

Back 25 on ladbrokes England to qualify
    Back 25 at coral England not to qualify 11/8

Free 10 quid for you if your right risk free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Anywhere besides Powers doing tricasts?Can't see it on oddschecker.

• Advertisement

List of winners here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards Can't see anyone whose team did not at least reach the semis, nearly all got to the final. Ronaldo is the only guy you could see any possibility of winning this even if his team does not reach the last four.

That said the last three winners - Forlan, Zidane, Kahn - would have been very long odds before the tournament start. Hang on I think I've hit on they key to winning: having the syllable 'an' at the end of your name. You read it here first: Jonathan de Guzman is a dead cert for the Golden Ball.:P

Min payout. Adjusted stake size on odds, so i'm in a payout range of €30k min and $70k max. Min odds is roughly 200,000/1 for all tri-cast favorites.
    so your not doing an accumulator?

Paddy Power are doing a special each day e.g. 8 days left offering an enhanced bet to 8/1.

Today's bet Colombia, Mexico and Germany to win their opening games. Not sure i like it really just throwing it up maybe someone might fancy it.

I know always one leaves you down for a long shot accum but at 11/1 i am throwing a tenner or it for first round games.

Brazil 3/10 v Croatia
    Chile 1/2 v Australia
    Colombia 3/4 v Greece
    Uruguay 2/5 v Costa Rica
    France 3/10 v Honduras
    Argentina 2/5 v Bosnia
    Belgium 4/9 v Algeria

I'll be backing Dzeko with a view to laying him after the group stages for profit, assuming he scores a couple of goals in the group.
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Paddy Power are doing a special each day e.g. 8 days left offering an enhanced bet to 8/1.

Today's bet Colombia, Mexico and Germany to win their opening games. Not sure i like it really just throwing it up maybe someone might fancy it.
    Wouldn't trust Mexico and Germany's opening game against Portugal is meant to be in seriously tough conditions. Would avoid myself.

so your not doing an accumulator?

I am. 8-fold accum on tri-casts, 10c-20c stakes, ~100 combinations

I know always one leaves you down for a long shot accum but at 11/1 i am throwing a tenner or it for first round games.

Brazil 3/10 v Croatia
    Chile 1/2 v Australia
    Colombia 3/4 v Greece
    Uruguay 2/5 v Costa Rica
    France 3/10 v Honduras
    Argentina 2/5 v Bosnia
    Belgium 4/9 v Algeria

you should do it at hills if one lets you down you get a refund (freebet) same with vernons/winner/betinternet

I'm sure a few of yous have ladbrokes accounts - this is a good value bet for your 25 mug on winner of world cup large % chance of refund occuring

http://www.ladbrokes.com/tc/brazil/

anyone try placing a group tricast in a bookie not online? and do a 8 group accum?

Brazil 3/10 v Croatia
    Chile 1/2 v Australia
    Colombia 3/4 v Greece
    Uruguay 2/5 v Costa Rica
    France 3/10 v Honduras
    Argentina 2/5 v Bosnia
    Belgium 4/9 v Algeria

Would have grave doubts about the Colombia result there, Greece good shot for a 0-0 against virtually anyone, if previous tournaments are anything to go by. But it's a bit late saying this now...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement