Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Will Fred start tonight do ye think? I see there is 3/1 available on robben to outscore him tonight

I'd take that in a shot if robben starts

sportsbet.com is the bookie
    never heard of them myself

edit, i see its paddy also
    great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That should of course read Brazil on top

873dae65-0352-4194-b801-e4dba8f178c8_veld_Oranje_5-3-2_Brazilie.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

365 go 11/4 for RVP to outscore Fred. I'm gone big on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Cillessen, Vlaar, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind, Van Persie (c), Sneijder, Robben, Kuyt, Clasie, Wijnaldum

Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Paulinho, Oscar, Maxwell, Ramires, Luis Gustavo, Willian, Jo, Maicon

ah well
    fred on the bench

that pretty much ends my interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No card before 41:00 at 5/6 and over 2.5,3.0 at 1.9 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Willian to score 2 or more goals 66/1 for a small stake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

PP 39mins 5/4 I went with Fingers crossed ;) don't trust the Brazilians too much though so small stakes.

They could come "We care, look WHACK" yellow. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

bet of the cup is now..(famous last words) - overs 2.5 price is crap but it has come in the last 9 + world cups/euro's (dont quote me on that) - not much to play for and an open game it really should have a rake of goals. going big on this. roll on the 0-0:pac:

longshot of hattrick to be scored - 33/1 with betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Everyone you speak to has this down as over 2.5 , loads of people i know gone huge on it. I'm always concerned when the lay man on the street is telling you its going to goals galore and yet the price has drifted on Betfair , stuck money on unders , lets go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Everyone you speak to has this down as over 2.5 , loads of people i know gone huge on it. I'm always concerned when the lay man on the street is telling you its going to goals galore and yet the price has drifted on Betfair , stuck money on unders , lets go.

Brazil are unable to defend, the last 6/7 third place playoffs at world cups have been overs and neither team has anything to lose so it does suggest goals. A lot depends on the Dutch attitude.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Small stakes for this. Hate the guy more than any player around, but fancy him to get one at least tonight.

1) Robben - Anytime Goalscorer @ 2/1, $75
    2) Robben - 2 Goals Or More @ 11/1, $20
    3) Robben - Hat-trick @ 66/1, $5
    4) Holland ML @ 5/2, $100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

bet is based on stats and an open game with not much to play for..should = goals..not concerned about drifts in the market..its a bet i do every cup competition if there's a 3rd place playoff and has always won roll on the 0-0:pac: - have watched every brazil match and if they play the way theyve been playing it should romp in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Banking on Holland to stuff Brazil.
    Holland -1.....-2..... To score in both half's and to win both half's are the 4 bets for me tonight. Here's hoping Brazil crumble again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

It's a strange one alright but I've decided that you can't look a gift horse in the mouth and gone in for the overs @ 1.77 on BF - absolutely stonking price imo. Great punting WC and this would be the icing on the cake - I was planning to back it at 4/6!!

Good luck overs backers my stake is very small on unders view this as a friendly and don't ever bet on friendlies . I always think overs is a better bet after 10mins when it will be close to evens on Betfair if no goal .

Anyway be lucky guys

over 3.5 7/4
    over 4.5 4/1

half time result
    holland/both to score 20/1
    for a laugh (365)

I also think normally both teams in 3rd/4th place playoff have no pressure where as I feel Brazil can't take a heavy defeat here and will keep it tight .

1k unders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Went with Holland to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Good luck overs backers my stake is very small on unders view this as a friendly and don't ever bet on friendlies . I always think overs is a better bet after 10mins when it will be close to evens on Betfair if no goal .

Anyway be lucky guys
    I also think normally both teams in 3rd/4th place playoff have no pressure where as I feel Brazil can't take a heavy defeat here and will keep it tight .

1k unders

harry-enfield-considerably-richer-than-you.jpg

• Advertisement

YES:D:D

365 go 11/4 for RVP to outscore Fred. I'm gone big on this.

Fred didn't start, obviously. Will this be voided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No card dead already.

Damn Thiago Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Already 1 0

1k unders

Lol 1 minutes these so poor well done overs backer !

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    harry-enfield-considerably-richer-than-you.jpg

I'd love to know what a medium or large stake is for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Small stakes for this. Hate the guy more than any player around, but fancy him to get one at least tonight.

1) Robben - Anytime Goalscorer @ 2/1, $75
    2) Robben - 2 Goals Or More @ 11/1, $20
    3) Robben - Hat-trick @ 66/1, $5
    4) Holland ML @ 5/2, $100

You were nearly on your way there.

it is

awful shame they didnt play him

great bet that one and robben in fairness

• Advertisement

Lmao the cards are coming Tsunami style :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

unfortunately yes

I have fingers crossed no more goals ...................... think i'll hide behind couch, how poor was that defending although was probably outside box and a definite red

mailburner wrote: »
    it is

awful shame they didnt play him

great bet that one and robben in fairness

Money back in my account sadly

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'd love to know what a medium or large stake is for him.

I'm a doubting Thomas so will believe it when I see a betslip

jesus at the prices...why didnt i just back the dutch

• Advertisement

should of just backed overs or the dutch , hate these friendly style things

jesus at the prices...why didnt i just back the dutch

23/10 just before kick off.

me too

Gone in big again on Holland in play at 1.25.

Don't think like that , there are always people backing more , I talk to guys that have 50k on individual bets , I am in the mini league compared to them :( I bet like a job though thousands each day and every single day of the year (well maybe a couple of days off) but i'm not here to brag or boast just share some banter and bets , i'm not really into aftertiming winners. Cheers

• Advertisement

Don't think like that , there are always people backing more , I talk to guys that have 50k on individual bets , I am in the mini league compared to them :( I bet like a job though thousands each day and every single day of the year (well maybe a couple of days off) but i'm not here to brag or boast just share some banter and bets , i'm not really into aftertiming winners. Cheers

putting 1k on germany to qualify v brazil which you were very confident about
    and doing the same bet on unders in a meaningless game :confused:

thought you were shrewder than that
    nobodys asking you to aftertime
    Dont believe you did that bet at all either

either way doesnt matter what I think

Since 1978 all third place matches have gone over 3 goals, read that last night.

Never said you were aftertiming

Most on here don't mention their stakes, a screeenshot would of course clear all doubt and make me look foolish :D

putting 1k on germany to qualify v brazil which you were very confident about
    and doing the same bet on unders in a meaningless games :confused:

thought you were shrewder than that
    nobodys asking you to aftertime
    Dont believe you did that bet at all either

either way doesnt matter what I think

I put 2k on Germany to win the game in 90 mins , the 1k bet i put on them to qualify was a partial hedge against Germany winning in extra time or peno's.

Don't believe me if you don't want to , i just won't bother posting here , I try to give advice on finding value and some tips on bets I think are good value not to brag or boast i'm not really interested in boards.ie but before I started gambling professionally i used to visit this place so like to give a bit back

All the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

23/10 just before kick off.

They were up to 5/2 when Sneijder got injured before kick off. Brilliant odds but I of course didn't back them either.

I put 2k on Germany to win the game in 90 mins , the 1k bet i put on them to qualify was a partial hedge against Germany winning in extra time or peno's.

Don't believe me if you don't want to , i just won't bother posting here , I try to give advice on finding value and some tips on bets I think are good value not to brag or boast i'm not really interested in boards.ie but before I started gambling professionally i used to visit this place so like to give a bit back

All the best

post a screen shot
    make us look like fools :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

You're not here to brag and yet you make sure to mention that you have thousands of euros (?) on one bet.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Mojo_the_zombie_break_dancing.gif

You're not here to brag and yet you make sure to mention that you have thousands of euros (?) on one bet.

I love you Las, just for the gif though :pac:

Everyone coming out of the woodwork now to have a go , fair enough I just won't post at all here .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement