Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

DB74 wrote: »
    I've done that before in PP no problem - cashier was very helpful actually

thats good to hear. my brother said it can be done but just wanted to make sure before i go in and potentially make a tit of myself lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Cant seem to do the tri cast on bet 365 any ideas?? do they let u do it there??

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Nuts102 wrote: »
    First bet for me is Brazil, France and Uruguay to win their first matches 2/1.

Outright

€50 Argentina 9/2
    €25 Colombia 28/1
    €15 Chile 50/1

Top Scorer

€20 Higuain 22/1

€12 double top team scorer Benzema and Baloteli 10/1

€1 accum straight tricast

Argentina, Bosnia, Nigeria 5/2
    France, Switzerland, Ecuador 7/2
    Colombia, Ivory Coast, Japan 13/2
    Chile, Spain, Holland 8/1
    Brazil, Croatia, Mexico 3/1

€.20c accum team top scorers

Balotelli 6/4
    Benzema 8/5
    Martinez 3/1
    Vargas 4/1
    Fred 7/2
    Dzeko 6/4
    Lukaku 2/1
    Higuain 3/1

€2 euro tricast accum

Spain, Chile, Holland 7/2
    France, Switzerland, Ecuador 7/2
    Argentina, Bosnia, Nigeria 5/2
    Belgium, Russia, South Korea 7/2

I will throw rest up later stupid small bets.

Where did you get 10/1 on Benzema / Balotelli double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Where did you get 10/1 on Benzema / Balotelli double?

It was an enchanced special last week but it is gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Spent the best part of the afternoon reading all the team previews on the excellent http://www.zonalmarking.net/ . Going to go in and do my bets 2mrw, I'll post up the main ones. Can't wait for this to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

I done a team top goalscorer acca which included marco reus..is this now marked down as a loss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Shane St. wrote: »
    Spent the best part of the afternoon reading all the team previews on the excellent http://www.zonalmarking.net/ . Going to go in and do my bets 2mrw, I'll post up the main ones. Can't wait for this to start

I posted this in the world cup preview thread too. I encourage everyone, even those who just like football and don't care about gambling to read them. I consider them the most important things you can read going into this world cup. Especially if you don't know much about an unfancied country and simply think, yeah X should beat them easily, let's back the -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    I done a team top goalscorer acca which included marco reus..is this now marked down as a loss?

No he will be just voided and the rest of your bet goes on as normal as far as i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

SheldonC17 wrote: »

Depends on the bookies. There's a post I think at the start of this thread where someone checked it for all bookies. Happy searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Just two bets for me:

Argentina outright @ 9/2 - €30

Group winner acc - Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium, Ivory Coast and Spain - €10

• Advertisement

paulb06 wrote: »
    No he will be just voided and the rest of your bet goes on as normal as far as i know.

Just spoke to bet365 and they said if the player doesn't play all tournament bet is then void

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I see Alexis Sanchez is round 10/1 to be top scorer in Group B. This seems ludicrously generous to me, anyone tell me why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I see Alexis Sanchez is round 10/1 to be top scorer in Group B. This seems ludicrously generous to me, anyone tell me why not?

Seems to be more of a creative outlet for the Chileans than a scorer but he has a 1 in 3 ratio for the national side which is fairly strong.

Looks decent enough odds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Paully D wrote: »
    Real value bet for me would be France.

They seem to have a good, committed group together now after the monstrosity of recent years and the loss of Ribery means Griezmann comes in which could be a bit of a blessing in disguise in terms of benefiting the team as a whole.

They should have a relatively safe passage into the quarter finals (groups against Ecuador, Switzerland and Honduras, then they play Bosnia/Nigeria/Iran in the last 16 presuming Argentina make it through as winners) where they would be likely to meet Germany or Portugal in a "worst case" scenario in the quarters.

I had them losing to Germany at this stage when I was doing up my predictor, but that was about 3 weeks ago and I think they'd progress against either if I was to do it again now.

I've actually just talked myself into having an e/w nibble on France, purely down to value. :pac:

Spain my main outright bet.

Just curious, how do you know this?

Can the winner of a group play any one of the 7 teams that come second?
    Like if Spain win their group, can they play any one of the 7 teams that come second in their respective groups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Just curious, how do you know this?

Can the winner of a group play any one of the 7 teams that come second?
    Like if Spain win their group, can they play any one of the 7 teams that come second in their respective groups?

Nope the draws have been made for the entire tournament. Check it out on wikipedia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Shane St. wrote: »
    Nope the draws have been made for the entire tournament. Check it out on wikipedia

Didn't know the draws were already made, cheers.

Ivory Coast and Japan game over 2.5 goals at 11/8 looks a great bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Vargas might be a better choice as he's another one of their top men,25/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lads is Benzema 100% going to start for France dye think? Giroud is the player that played the most minutes for France in their World Cup warm-up games....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mexico,France,Chile,Uruguay 5.7/1 all to win first games. I'm on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Went into the bookies to do my main outright bet and ended up backing France don't ask me why,25/1 seemed good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Went into the bookies to do my main outright bet and ended up backing France don't ask me why,25/1 seemed good

Why? :D

€5 acc pays €340 for first games.

Over 2.5 goals Ivory Coast/ Japan 11/8
    Belgium 1/2
    Argentina 4/9
    France 4/11
    Uruguay 4/9
    Colombia 17/20
    Chile 4/9
    Spain 17/20
    Brazil 1/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone doing an accum on a team from each group to qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I was thinking about doing this myself. Tricky group the Holland Spain Chile group. Obviously you pick Spain, but out of the other two for me its a coin flip. Holland have some great attackers but their defenders are of a poor quality. And Chile have the likes of Vidal and Isla from Juventus and Sanchez from Barca

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Lads, will I still be able to back the top scorer after the first match? Immobile is 66/1 at the minute, I'd rather wait and see if Neymar scores tomorrow might and his odds should drift out to 80 or 100/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah it should be still up

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Treble of France, Chile & Uruguay to win their openers pays 2.85. Think I will take some of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Has there been any more news on whether Ronaldo will miss the opening game? Really fancy Germany if he's out.
    Id be fancying them strongly whether he is in or out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Id be fancying them strongly whether he is in or out!
    Same as. Have them backed. Presume he's in considering he played last night. Germany to win that is my main bet so far other than Spain to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

On this at 27/20 on Bet365.

BTTS at evens also looks very strong and am taking that at evens. 5 of last 6 for Japan and 11 of last 12 for Ivory Coast

PP special for today 24/1 Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Germany to be the semi finalists.

Do you have to give your passport details to bet365 in order to be able to withdraw lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

PP special for today 24/1 Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Germany to be the semi finalists.

You'd get much better odds doing an accumulator on each winning their group, rolling profits into an accumulator on them all winning their last 16 matches and then rolling that into an accumulator for them winning their last 8 matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Interesting you should pick that , had it tipped this morning at 6/4 on Betfair/Betfred was also advised that to be top scoring game in group stages at 50/1 PP

Other advised bets , Chile to score over 3.5 v Australia at 8/1 and Chile to win group (can't recall odds)

The overs in Ivory coast Japan game will be my biggest bet of group stage if i can get 4 figures on at 6/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I was thinking about doing this myself. Tricky group the Holland Spain Chile group. Obviously you pick Spain, but out of the other two for me its a coin flip. Holland have some great attackers but their defenders are of a poor quality. And Chile have the likes of Vidal and Isla from Juventus and Sanchez from Barca

No point taking the fav from each group, so thinking of mixing it up a bit.

Gp A. Croatia.
    Gp B. Ivory Coast
    Gp C. Holland or Spain
    Gp D. Uruguay
    Gp E. Switzerland
    Gp F. Bosnia
    Gp G. Portugal
    Gp H. Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

i reckon spain, germany, brazil and argentina to be in semi finals if easy money!

Interesting you should pick that , had it tipped this morning at 6/4 on Betfair/Betfred was also advised that to be top scoring game in group stages at 50/1 PP

Other advised bets , Chile to score over 3.5 v Australia at 8/1 and Chile to win group (can't recall odds)

The overs in Ivory coast Japan game will be my biggest bet of group stage if i can get 4 figures on at 6/4

I have watched Japan a good bit as a United fan watching Kagawa. They play some fantastic football and score loads. But they are horrible at the back. Same with Ivory Coast brilliant going forward. The 11/8 on over 2.5 is buying money imo it's the best value bet have seen so far.

Chile i fancy strongly i have backed them at 50/1 to win it out. They play lovely attacking football. But it is rare scoring 4 goals but at 8/1 it could be worth a small bet. I also backed them to win the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Any link for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

is there any chance of argentina/brazil/germany/spain to meet in quarter finals, just want to make sure before i put it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Can you link that up please? Can't find it on their market only singles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

DominicKid wrote: »
    is there any chance of argentina/brazil/germany/spain to meet in quarter finals, just want to make sure before i put it

Not if they all win their groups AFAIK

Fairly certain they cant.

Brazil and Spain can meet each other last 16. Germany Argentina can meet each other in the quarters.

As i said on the last page, 24/1 aren't good odds. You'd probably get 3x/4x that doing an accumulator on each of them winning the group, then on last 16 and quarters

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/world-cup-countdown-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1764736

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Brazil and Spain can meet each other last 16. Germany Argentina can meet each other in the quarters.

As i said on the last page, 24/1 aren't good odds. You'd probably get 3x/4x that doing an accumulator on each of them winning the group, then on last 16 and quarters

A lot of places won't go an accy on those markets at the minute. I know Coral and 365 don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

media_xll_2304995.jpg

Pitch for italy - england .... in manaus in terrible climate.

inforfun wrote: »
    media_xll_2304995.jpg

Pitch for italy - england .... in manaus in terrible climate.

0-0 you say!

• Advertisement

A lot of places won't go an accy on those markets at the minute. I know Coral and 365 don't.

You only run your accumulator on the four of them winning their group now. Every bookie will run this. Then bet your winnings (if it wins) on an accumulator for the respective teams in last 16, and then in the quarters. They'll be no trouble betting accys on any of these

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement