Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from construction and planning

Options
  • 07-12-2013 12:51am
    Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭

I have been banned from construction and planning for one week.

I wish to dispute this banning and ask for a review of teh actions that led to this.

The resaon for banning "Personalising the discussion. Previous warnings given on-thread to all posters" is incorrect"

I would like clarification as to where the previous mod warning for 'personalising the discussion' existed in that thread because i cannot recall it appearing anywhere.

I would also like clarification to where 'personalising the discussion' exists as a rule offense in C+P charter.

I would like clarification as to whether this action was taken on the mods own back or as a result of some report to my post?

The post i was banned for i would argue is factually correct.

The thread existed for approx 13-14 pages, if i recall correctly, without needing mod action until this particular poster, who has shown his disdain for professionals in the construction industry may times previously, appeared to effectively gloat that professionals wold have a hard time because of upandcoming regulations. By my memory no mod warning existing in that thread until this poster started posting.

I stand by my post that resulted in my banning because
    1. i challenged the poster to present an argument in favour of the regulations, which they didnt. They continued to post off topic.

2. i stand by my statement that the particular poster presented an argument in a textbook 'straw man' type by presenting my argument back to me in a manner which was perverted and false.

3. as the thread existed without issue for so long and in such a healthy debating manner until this posters arrival, i also stand by my statement that they would not be missed, after they stated they wouldnt be posting in the thread again.

Looking forward to receiving clarification on my issues as above and having a review of the situation by fresh eyes.

kind regards

sydthebeat

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

At thIs stage you need not bother

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ban lifted early after discussion via PM. This thread can be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement