Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wind Turbine Back Strand

Options
  • 07-12-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone noticed the new wind turbine put up today down towards the back strand?

I saw a few more poles so not sure if there's more to go up, they look pretty nice though.

I'm sure they will generate a bit of electricity as there is always a strong breeze off the sea.

Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone noticed the new wind turbine put up today down towards the back strand?

I saw a few more poles so not sure if there's more to go up, they look pretty nice though.

I'm sure they will generate a bit of electricity as there is always a strong breeze off the sea.

Anyone have any idea?

interesting, sounds like a good place for them alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Hope they're not in the Airport landing zone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Hope they're not in the Airport landing zone?
    if you have ever flown into gran canaria there's a massive wind turbine farm on the flight path so it aint no biggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

if you have ever flown into gran canaria there's a massive wind turbine farm on the flight path so it aint no biggy

Tell the IAA that , , international precedent means nothing to them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

i will!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Hey all,

Anyone have any idea?

Nice? They're an awful bloody eye-sore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Mugser wrote: »
    Nice? They're an awful bloody eye-sore!!!

While they are no work of art such as lump of metals on the steps , they are generating energy that would probably come from fossil fuels .
    I hope there's more as it focuses peoples
    Mindset and shows tramore to be a forward looking town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

rasper wrote: »
    While they are no work of art such as lump of metals on the steps , they are generating energy that would probably come from fossil fuels .
    I hope there's more as it focuses peoples
    Mindset and shows tramore to be a forward looking town

Couldn't agree more, I think they look awesome, don't see how they are an eyesore and its green energy which we will have to eventually resort to.

Advertisement