Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 - Matchday Thread

• 07-12-2013 7:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭

Morning all

Most people will be looking for another mega performance from captain Suarez. I also wouldn't mind a bit of an ould appearance from Walcott and a few points along with it if he'd be so kind!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

JANUZAJ or COLEMAN ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i think a lot will be also hoping for no surprise drops from the starting 11 as a lot are down to the bare bones after suspensions to rooney, morrision and injuries to clyne, vlaar etc.

I should be ok now that i've brought in gabbidon for clyne, I hope vlaar plays though because the only sub i have is shaw who's up against a free scoring city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

bezuaua wrote: »
    JANUZAJ or COLEMAN ???

Januzaj should start after united's poor performance the other night, i'd go with him but it's a risk, he might come on as a sub for 1 point.
    on the other hand, i can't see coleman getting more than 2 points anyway so not a massive risk i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've gone with my gut and taken a risk on a differential, Paulinho for Spurs, it was itching me all week after he nearly scored 5 goals in the two games just gone, a mixture of bad finishing, bad luck and good goalkeeping meant he scored none, I'm languishing around 200,000 in the world so need to take a couple of calculated risks to claw back the points on teams that will have 75% the same players. Paulinho has 4 yellows so it was a silly decision but it was an itch I had to scratch or I'd have been disgusted when he scores tonight. Not expecting a huge scoring week like the other night, hopefully a few points above the real average and no more injuries to ensure have a squad of regulars for the next few weeks(Santa's written back and told me that he can't give someone(AR the WW) a pulled hamstring requiring six weeks rest for Christmas). Hopefully West Ham will give Suarez too much attention so's Coutinho can make some hay there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I've gone with my gut and taken a risk on a differential, Paulinho for Spurs, it was itching me all week after he nearly scored 5 goals in the two games just gone, a mixture of bad finishing, bad luck and good goalkeeping meant he scored none, I'm languishing around 200,000 in the world so need to take a couple of calculated risks to claw back the points on teams that will have 75% the same players. Paulinho has 4 yellows so it was a silly decision but it was an itch I had to scratch or I'd have been disgusted when he scores tonight. Not expecting a huge scoring week like the other night, hopefully a few points above the real average and no more injuries to ensure have a squad of regulars for the next few weeks(Santa's written back and told me that he can't give someone(AR the WW) a pulled hamstring requiring six weeks rest for Christmas). Hopefully West Ham will give Suarez too much attention so's Coutinho can make some hay there as well.

This is delusional imo. A guy who scored four. Who is at home. Verses a guy who nearly scored four. Hugs. Hope logic.

• Advertisement

This is delusional imo. A guy who scored four. Who is at home. Verses a guy who nearly scored four. Hugs. Hope logic.

Oh God no, you've taken me up all wrong, I have Suarez and he is my captain, thing is he'll be captain for just about everyone, nothing to be gained no matter how much he scores, hence I won't be disappointed if Coutinho steals some of his thunder. Paulinho is a midfielder! Hugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Hugs
    Not
    Drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gazzanigga
    dawson Terry johnson
    hazard bannan coutinho ozil
    aguero suarez (c) lukaku
    Could do with coutinho outscoring ramsey. Lukaku scoring to cost arsenal a clean sheet and gazzanigga saving a yaya penalty after aguero has been subbed off with a hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Oh God no, you've taken me up all wrong, I have Suarez and he is my captain, thing is he'll be captain for just about everyone, nothing to be gained no matter how much he scores, hence I won't be disappointed if Coutinho steals some of his thunder. Paulinho is a midfielder! Hugs.

I've wanted to get Paulinho in for a few weeks now, really like the position he's playing in. Problem is I need 0.4 to get him in for Cabaye, which would have to come from mertesacker or jagielka realistically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gazzanigga
    dawson Terry johnson
    hazard bannan coutinho ozil
    aguero suarez (c) lukaku
    Could do with coutinho outscoring ramsey. Lukaku scoring to cost arsenal a clean sheet and gazzanigga saving a yaya penalty after aguero has been subbed off with a hat trick.

Team looking very strong for this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm going to leave Coleman on the bench again. I've had him since the start and benched him twice. Week 1 and last week.

Team will be this 3-4-3

Mignolet
    Ridgewell, Moxey, Terry
    Ramsey, Hazard, Lallana, Walcott
    Lukaku, Aguero, Suarez (c)

Subs: Daniels, Coleman, Jedinak, Chester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Loving this guy, giving the lads holly, may need to do some of this today, pressure on v Lemlin in the FFS Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Have Ward in the team already and got Bannan in this week,now doubting if to play him or not.

Thinking about putting Zab in for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I need my players that are fit and able to play today with Rooney and Ravel sitting on the bench. Especially with doubts over Mickey Turner I may have no subs to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If Oscar does not play i am goosed already have Morrison, Rooney & Clyne all on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Times up, good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Gah! Slept in and forgot about my defensive problems. Vlaar and Fonte both still doubtful. Don't suppose the automatic sub will bring on a fifth midfielder for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

RVP and Januzaj start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Gah! Slept in and forgot about my defensive problems. Vlaar and Fonte both still doubtful. Don't suppose the automatic sub will bring on a fifth midfielder for me?

You have to play a minimum of 3 defenders as far as I'm aware :o

mufc team to face Newcastle: De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Jones, Cleverley, Januzaj; Hernandez, van Persie.

mufc subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Anderson, Valencia, Young, Zaha, Welbeck.

#NUFC v @ManUtd (4-3-3): Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Cabaye, Tiote, Anita; Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran.

#NUFC subs v @ManUtd: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Obertan, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Cisse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

RVP and Januzaj start.
    I finally sold Januzai :-(

Love the United defence today. Rafael finally back to business. That is their strongest back 4 in my opinion. :)

The midfield though.. Jones AND Cleverley? That is an absolute no. No no no. Cabaye is gonna walk all over 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

RVP won't play full 90 - Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

VC as Ozil, whoops, hope Luis is fit n fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Going with a 4-4-2 this weekend.

Pantilimon
    Coleman Ivanovic Gabbidon Dawson
    Ramsey Ozil Brady Yaya
    Aguero Suarez(c)

Subs: K Davis, Remy, Vlaar, Morrison.

Leaving Remy on the bench is a huge risk, hopefully he does nothing. I have a feeling Brady will do something v Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can't imagine RVP being fully fit going by Moyes comments. Groin injuries aren't the best thing to come back early from. Doubt many serious players still have him so a re-injury probably wouldn't affect a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kind of wish I took a 1 week punt on Hernandez now, can definitely see him scoring at least one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cabaye booked. Suspended for next game

Nani down.. Elbow to the head should be grand..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Kind of wish I took a 1 week punt on Hernandez now, can definitely see him scoring at least one.

1 week punts are a terrible idea imo. Not worth the 2 tramsfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I cant see United scoring one never mind Hernandez

Half time.. 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

if it keeps going like this there will be no extra save points for krul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Expected a reaction from United after Wednesday night but they're so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

United are so poor without Rooney, no cutting edge at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hernandez got away with a lovely dive, Ashley Young has taught him well

There was more action here for West Ham and Palace the other night, does anything that happens in this match matter, Evra and Remy are the only two who have a decent ownership, perhaps a one all draw without them involved would be best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

A massive 0 points so far from me, Cabaye getting a yellow = 0 and Janujaz on the bench is another 0.

What a player :pac:

FearDark wrote: »
    A massive 0 points so far from me, Cabaye getting a yellow = 0 and Janujaz on the bench is another 0.

What a player :pac:

A massive 0 points for me as well..

Mainly because I don't have any in this match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Danger781 wrote: »
    A massive 0 points for me as well..

Mainly because I don't have any in this match :D

A mammoth -8 for me. Have three transfers to get over before any of my players kick a ball later today.

• Advertisement

I like Debuchy..

Only 4.9, gets forward a lot, and has decent fixtures over Christmas.. Minus Arsenal, and then City mid January

2 saves by Krul in a minute there anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Danger781 wrote: »
    I like Debuchy..

Only 4.9, gets forward a lot, and has decent fixtures over Christmas.. Minus Arsenal, and then City mid January

He's on my radar aswell

evra hits the post

Evra hits post and old-school goalmouth scramble.....a goal however not so much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Much better second half, Evra hit the post, big scramble in the box.

gouffran off ben arfa on 56 mins

gouffran off ben arfa on 56 mins

I'm assuming you have the BBC Sports package?

The stream I'm watching showed no sign of a transfer so I was very confused for a good 30 seconds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Man City TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Aguero, Negredo
    Liverpool Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Meanwhile....Cabaye!

1-0 cabaye

• Advertisement
Advertisement