Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right, after something of a roller coaster, and bidding my farewell to the FFS cup, I realise that if Total FPL bonus predictions are correct, and Chico only gets 2 (prob because of the the yellow which also cost him a point) and will finish on 9 as predicted by my jinxey friend above, I will end up winning my FFS cup match by 1 point.

I think I need a cup of tea. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Another decent week. Average from last 8 GW's is over 77pts. Should mean all green arrow again.

BNMC wrote: »
    Chico yellow.

My favourite post of the night.....and Lemlin's I wager. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know where Dahat got that info that the higher ranked player wins?

If it goes to goals scored, Dahat will win because of Chico's goal.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know where Dahat got that info that the higher ranked player wins?

If it goes to goals scored, Dahat will win because of Chico's goal.

Definitely highest ranked. Said it on the first page about the cup, before the qualifiers round. Highest rank wins if tied for qualifier round and in cup proper.

Edit..here it is:

The Paddy Power Cup is our version of the Fantasy Premier League’s Fantasy Cup game. Entrants who qualify for the first round will be randomly drawn against each other and the winner of the tie is whoever has the highest score from that Gameweek, minus points spent on transfers (like in the original game and in head-to-head scores). In the event of a tie, the Manager highest in the overall standing will progress..

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/11/03/ffs-paddy-power-cup-entry-now-open/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I wouldn't be counting those bps as final yet lads. They do change after final whistle and a lot of the negative ones - dispossesions etc get added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

FHFC wrote: »
    Special mention to this jinxey fooker....... :P

Chico heading for 11 with 3 bonus.

I heard the news on the radio and felt an immediate pang of guilt. I won't do it again I promise

KevIRL wrote: »
    I wouldn't be counting those bps as final yet lads. They do change after final whistle and a lot of the negative ones - dispossesions etc get added

Danny does have a tendency to get caught offside every time the ball goes up the pitch.

KevIRL wrote: »

Would be a fitting twist all right. Was nearly glad to be out as could do with taking a hit to sort Brady and Gerrard out without worrying about it knocking me out of the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just logged in, Chico scores, yahoo...Chico yellow,ouch.....2 or 3 bp's, squeaky bum time!

Looking more like 2 now tbh, usually are sorted by this stage.

I remember Granville from FFS saying that the 'winning goal' BP goes to the first goalscorer in the event of a draw or a win by more than one goal, could be the difference here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

According to TotalFPL

3 Points (10 BPS): Graham
    2 Points (9 BPS): Chico
    1 Point (8 BPS): Elmohamady

dahat wrote: »
    Just logged in, Chico scores, yahoo...Chico yellow,ouch.....2 or 3 bp's, squeaky bum time!

I told you I wasn't counting my chickens!

I told you I wasn't counting my chickens!

Looks like you sneak through on ranking now if Chico gets two,yeah? damn yellow card.
    It was a close tie all round, well played sir!

Dempsey wrote: »
    According to TotalFPL

3 Points (10 BPS): Graham
    2 Points (9 BPS): Chico
    1 Point (8 BPS): Elmohamady

They just replicate whatever is the latest on the main FPL site though, still not finalised. Although unlikely to change now I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Finished on 68. Raging with krul on bench

Looks like you sneak through on ranking now if Chico gets two,yeah? damn yellow card.
    It was a close tie all round, well played sir!

Sneak through would be the right description. It's still not finalised yet.

I thought that was it earlier when Chico scored.

Sneak through would be the right description. It's still not finalised yet.

I thought that was it earlier when Chico scored.

It was pretty close as we thought it might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Will finish on 57 for the week, disapointing but not terrible, I'd say I'll drop to about 120,000th.

BP's added, 2 for Chico...

Well done Lemlin!!!

• Advertisement

Bonus just added. 2 it is.
    :D

Not really feeling all that proud of beating a fella who took an 8 point hit by only 1 point, but he's sitting in the top 1,000 in the world so I'll take it!

BP's added, 2 for Chico...

Well done Lemlin!!!

Through literally by the skin of my teeth. Well played. It was some tie.

Through literally by the skin of my teeth. Well played. It was some tie.

It was good craic over the weekend. 9pts tonight should see me rise another bit overnight so all is not lost.

It was good craic over the weekend. 9pts tonight should see me rise another bit overnight so all is not lost.

Nerve wracking stuff alright and being up against another Boardsie made it alot more interesting.

Edit: just looking at your team and you are going to be stretched next week. Vlaar injured and Cabaye/Chico suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No Brady playing means that Whittaker comes in with 5 points to bring me up to 68 for the week.Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Finished on 67 but still feels like a disappointment after being knocked out of the FFS cup. Fair play to Kev was a great tie. Damn Fer and his massive 14 pont haul :p. Best of luck for the rest of your cup run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Finished on 65. Not too happy with it but it could have been worse. Sum total of 11 points from my midfield. If I didn't have captain Suarez I'd be seeing reds!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

72 points for the week. Ashley Williams' 1 pointer leaving me on a lovely and round 900 points and in 128k. Not too shabby considering I was in a crazy 880k just 7 GWs ago. Some very careful plotting is required over the next 2 GWs now to push me inside the top 100k by Xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Jeez lads, I thought I did decent this week on 57..

Erryone here is higher than me! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Remy subbing in for Brady brings me to 67 for the week. Up to 152k. 8th consecutive week of green arrows. I was 930k after GW 7. :eek:

Like Mr.P, my aim is to break 100k before 2014.

• Advertisement

I was ~132k overall after GW7. I then went into a downward spiral because of poor choices and tbh I wasnt focused on what was going on. In GW11, I was ~946k. I'm ~228k now after GW15 and I'm very happy with my team at the moment but we all know yer only 1 GW from a disaster!

I'm up 380k places in the past 3 weeks.. Still at a disappointing 950k

Happy days, I'm crawling my way back! 40 points of a gap between me and the lad above me in my private league. He must be caught..

I fell 1k last night but finish at 9k. Top 10k baby, oh yeah!

The only way now is down I fear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

68 points brings me to just outside 58k.

I had to log into the mobile site to see that, anyone having difficulty with the main site?

Nerve wracking stuff alright and being up against another Boardsie made it alot more interesting.

Edit: just looking at your team and you are going to be stretched next week. Vlaar injured and Cabaye/Chico suspended.

Indeed, probably means a hit to shift Chico for a playing cheapy, not sure who yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

68 points brings me to just outside 58k.

I had to log into the mobile site to see that, anyone having difficulty with the main site?

Yep it won't log me on

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah main site has gone mad, can't log in

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ended up rising a few places to 53k. Been pretty much the exact same position overall for 4 weeks now, variation of only about 700 places over the 4 week period!

Consistently no making progress or consistently keep pace with the leaders depending on your outlook on life! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Unbelievable, so it turns out that Danny Graham was the man responsible for Lemlin winning the FFS cup tie that had us all captivated:eek:
    With Rooney playing against the Villa defence next week I'm trying to work out how best that situation could work to your advantage:pac:

• Advertisement

Unbelievable, so it turns out that Danny Graham was the man responsible for Lemlin winning the FFS cup tie that had us all captivated:eek:
    With Rooney playing against the Villa defence next week I'm trying to work out how best that situation could work to your advantage:pac:

Indeed, I'm sure Steve Bruce walked up to him before the game and said "come on Danny, even you can score against your old club, everyone does it".

Haven't seen the goal. Was it a tap in? Has to have been. It cannot have required any piece of skill whatsoever from Danny. He has none.

Indeed, I'm sure Steve Bruce walked up to him before the game and said "come on Danny, even you can score against your old club, everyone does it".

Haven't seen the goal. Was it a tap in? Has to have been. It cannot have required any piece of skill whatsoever from Danny. He has none.

An excellent cross from the edge of the penalty area that curls so that it goes the back post between the keeper & defender from Elmohamady. Graham is running with the defender on his blindside and gets his shot back across the goal to beating Tremmel. Its a goal all about the quality of the cross but Graham still had a fair bit of work to do to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

But you're missing the most important detail.

HE DIDN'T CELEBRATE AGAINST HIS FORMER CLUB

Which has quickly become a bug bear of mine.
    Fair enough for a hometown lad that developed in the academy etc of a club, but fcuk of Graham, you had 2 years there and they've stopped crying.

PARlance wrote: »
    But you're missing the most important detail.

HE DIDN'T CELEBRATE AGAINST HIS FORMER CLUB

Which has quickly become a bug bear of mine.
    Fair enough for a hometown lad that developed in the academy etc of a club, but fcuk of Graham, you had 2 years there and they've stopped crying.

They got 5 million for him. There was no crying on their part when that transfer went through. Sunderland on the other hand....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, lets keep the discussion to FPL, not general Soccer.

Just noticed I got my highest GW ranking of the season (and first inside 100K) this week. Also moved to my highest overall rank at the end of a GW, although still outside the top 20K....just.

Not bad for a week where 1 player got 0pts, 3 got 1pt and 3 got 2pts

• Advertisement

Suarez has officially been awarded the forth goal against West Ham, Will this be updated on the FF ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Suarez has officially been awarded the forth goal against West Ham, Will this be updated on the FF ?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

amber69 wrote: »
    No.

Just read the article my self, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just read the article my self, why not?

Gameweek is now closed. They don't retroactively update scores from previous weeks.

zarquon wrote: »
    Gameweek is now closed. They don't retroactively update scores from previous weeks.

^This, unfortunately

• Advertisement
Advertisement