Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Swiper will be delighted with Paulie's goal anyway!

Fair play to Swiper. He called it well.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

townsend on holtby off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I forgot about Suarez assist that was to be added so will be 52, ill see what the average is but with Ramsey left I might not be as bad as I taught.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll be on about 54 after bonus. Gerard injury was so annoying. He was well in for bonus too.

Just the arsenal trio to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Will be on 41 after baps from 6. Have Ozil, Ramsey, Mert, Lukaku and Ashley Williams to play yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

34 after 6, Suarez with 24 of them and had taken a 4 point hit to bring in Hazard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Suarez Claus delivers yet again. Hilariously, after one of the lads in my league didn't have Suarez for last weeks rout, you think he'd get him in for this week?

Nope!

This gives me chuckles in my belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

40 points with ramsey and barkley yet to play, could be worse considering i got 0 points from Skrtel and Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BPs in. 46 with 3 to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

39 with 5 to play. Redmond first sub with 6 so hoping Barkley doesnt play. Suarez with 30 of my points and Krul on the bench with 10 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

40 points thank god for Suarez

Guzan, Mert, Ramsey, Lukaku and Kasami:eek: to come yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

49 with Lukaku, Ramsey and Mertesacker, will probably push me up slightly, real average will be about 42 I reckon. Need Lukaku to outscore Coleman by 6 points or my rival will extend his lead even further... His differentials are killing me the last three weeks, Cabaye doing the damage this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

52 with 4 to go..

Bit the bullet and finally brought in Suarez but way too late.

Brought in Paulinho last week and it paid off today - he is underpriced and now playing in a more advanced role where he done so well in Brazil.

I norm in a good position this time of year but I'm miles off the pace - I'm blaming getting married and honeymoon in Oct / Nov tho

Just been looking at one of my leagues that I have been leading since GW 3/4. Need Everton to play Arsenal of the park tomorrow, with only Ramsey earning points, and Giroud and Mert preferably getting 0 or Minus points.

:D

Gap was closed right down after the GW14, and closed slightly again today.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How come Paulinho is playing in the more advanced role all of a sudden and will he stay there? Didn't realise he is only 6.6m now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

50 points with 4 to play - Ozil, Ramsey, Coleman, Lukaku.

Captain Suarez was the main provider, and my Clyne -> Gabbidon transfer paid off. Santon is stuck as 2nd sub on 7 points, following Coleman in midweek in getting a CS at Old Trafford while rooted to my bench.

Two free transfers for next week and a number of issues to monitor:
    - Gerrard injury
    - Mignolet not keeping clean sheets and Boruc as my other keeper
    - Terry not keeping clean sheets

One of my midfield spots is cursed. Since the wildcard after GW3 it has gone from Coutinho (promptly injured) to Michu (injured after a number of lacklustre returns) to Oscar (injured, after one good performance but a few stinkers) and now to Gerrard (a pair of 4-pointers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

How come Paulinho is playing in the more advanced role all of a sudden and will he stay there? Didn't realise he is only 6.6m now.

I didn't see today's game but he was playing behind striker in previous games.. He is a goal scoring midfielder if let play closer to goal tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Swiper will be delighted with Paulie's goal anyway!
    G1032 wrote: »
    Fair play to Swiper. He called it well.........

Touched to see ye're thinking about me lads;)

It could and should have been more for Paulinho today despite the fact that he's back in his deeper lying midfield role. I genuinely believe that if Spurs are to score more goals he will be their Ramsey for the second half of the season, he gets into great positions, he could easily have at least doubled his points total today, should have been selfish at the end instead of squaring for Defoe and he should have buried that second half header, that's only the start of it.

Townsend should be playing, he was very unlucky again today with very limited gametime not to score and assist again, I've let him go a few weeks ago but he's got unbelievable potential for FPL.

He played the same position as he has most of the season - as 1 of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1. That said he got forward more and had a couple of decent chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

thewools wrote: »
    I didn't see today's game but he was playing behind striker in previous games.. He is a goal scoring midfielder if let play closer to goal tho..

He hasn't played in that role except for the one game last week against United, he's in his normal midfield role but playing with a bit more freedom and dare I say it, confidence, he's always scored goals. Lampard and Ramsey style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

49 points after bonus. Dahat is on 45. Both of us with 4 to play. The tie comes down to my Mert + Lukaku vs his Coleman and Chico.

Would suit me if Arsenal could keep a clean sheet tomorrow and score against Everton. That would get Mert six and Coleman hopefully 2 or less.

I reckon an 8 point lead going into Monday night with only Chico left for him would be enough.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    50 points with 4 to play - Ozil, Ramsey, Coleman, Lukaku.

Captain Suarez was the main provider, and my Clyne -> Gabbidon transfer paid off.

Yeah I brough Gabbidon in too, the only person after Suarez and Aguero to get anything decent. Was between him and Ollsen but after Suarez destroyed Norwich last week I thought Gabbidon was the safer bet. Both scored 6 anyway. Ollsen has the easier match next week though so might end up regretting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Touched to see ye're thinking about me lads;)

It could and should have been more for Paulinho today despite the fact that he's back in his deeper lying midfield role. I genuinely believe that if Spurs are to score more goals he will be their Ramsey for the second half of the season, he gets into great positions, he could easily have at least doubled his points total today, should have been selfish at the end instead of squaring for Defoe and he should have buried that second half header, that's only the start of it.

Townsend should be playing, he was very unlucky again today with very limited gametime not to score and assist again, I've let him go a few weeks ago but he's got unbelievable potential for FPL.

Naawww sure you're our favourite ickle foxy woxy :p

I might look at him in a week or two myself and join you on that bandwagon, a few other transfers will need to take precedence but I have an eye firmly on him. If he got that 5th yellow out of the way soon it'd be just dandy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

44 with Ramsey, Walcott and Lukaku to play

(-8) this week but team finally beginning to resemble something that's half way competitive. I've also decided to give it another shot in trying to get 2nd place in money league. 100 points and 25+ places behind 2nd but the ridiculous points hits transfers are to be dramatically reduced for the next while until I see how I get on.

Naawww sure you're our favourite ickle foxy woxy :p

I might look at him in a week or two myself and join you on that bandwagon, a few other transfers will need to take precedence but I have an eye firmly on him. If he got that 5th yellow out of the way soon it'd be just dandy.

Very tempted my self, but not sure if worth getting rid of Nasri for, only one of my midfeliders who I would consider shipping out at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

How in the name of god did Stephen Ireland not even get 1 bp yet Crouch gets 2?

Average is 26, highest is 90, hopefully my 46 (-8) should push me back up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

40 pts with 7 to play....
    Sorry if I upset likes of Mr Prodston with Suarez shower story,had him as Capt myself!!
    ...... Don't take life so serious lads;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

On 48 after BPs, happy with that. Ramsey, Lukaku, Shelvey, Mert & Szczesny left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Average lower than I was expecting

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah I brough Gabbidon in too, the only person after Suarez and Aguero to get anything decent. Was between him and Ollsen but after Suarez destroyed Norwich last week I thought Gabbidon was the safer bet. Both scored 6 anyway. Ollsen has the easier match next week though so might end up regretting it.

Olsson is on my radar too, along with Ben Turner. Current plan is to cheapen my defence to Coleman plus 4 cheapies (Gabbidon, Chester and 2 others) who will rotate depending on fixtures. That said Terry gets another week with Palace at home next and Santon has three decent fixtures coming up so the January wildcard might come around before I get around to changing the defence too much.

40 pts with 7 to play....
    Sorry if I upset likes of Mr Prodston with Suarez shower story,had him as Capt myself!!
    ...... Don't take life so serious lads;);)

I forgive you? I don't recall getting upset over anything FPL related today for once but ok :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Suarez Claus delivers yet again. Hilariously, after one of the lads in my league didn't have Suarez for last weeks rout, you think he'd get him in for this week?

Nope!

This gives me chuckles in my belly.

was 8th on one of my leagues last week
    4 of the 7 above me didnt have suarez which
    moved me up to third, found that very funny
    3 of those brought him in this week
    no money involved there so not too bothered but anyone
    who didnt capt suarez or have him in their team at home
    to norwich need help
    sadly all 6 above me in my work league did the obvious thing

58 with Ozil, Ramsey and Williams to go. I've had a pretty good day at the office by the looks of things and I see myself sitting at 126k right now (rising about 70k). Everton and Arsenal conceding with limited Lukaku and Giroud involvement would be too much to ask for I know. This strange feeling of satisfaction should probably have me worried and next week looks like a sketchy set of fixtures, but pleased with my days work!

Anyway 12 of my points coming from the defensive dream-team of Mickey T and Danny G :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

57 but just ozil and Coleman to play.

16 points ahead in my FFS cup game, we both have the 2 above but he has Ramsey, lukaku, Brady and shelvey. Not too confident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

57. Szecnezy and Ramsey to go.ozil and giroud are the players I fear now. Slowing clawing my way back to respectability . 273k now after anattrocioys few opening weeks. Making progress in my leagues. Now I need to continue to carefully consider my transfers.......

Up to 71k, that'll do pig. More than happy if I stay there after tomorrow's fixtures, all eye on Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »

16 points ahead in my FFS cup game, we both have the 2 above but he has Ramsey, lukaku, Brady and shelvey. Not too confident

What's your team?

I've moved from 15k to 11k. Will hopefully stay there after the games tomorrow and Monday.

Back up to 5.3k. Still have Ozil, Ramsey, Lukaku and Coleman so should stay thereabouts.

• Advertisement

Ozil can go ahead and get rested/sent off tomorrow. As can Coleman...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

46 for me, coleman, mert ozil and giroud still to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »

I'm 19 ahead but the other guy has Chico, Ozil and Kasami. I've Brady. We both have arsenal defence, me Merts, he Kos so it'll be close I reckon. His 8 point hit will hopefully prove costly.

Up 10k so far to inside top 40k.

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's your team?

I've moved from 15k to 11k. Will hopefully stay there after the games tomorrow and Monday.

3018 is me. At 18k now but won't keep that after tomorrow

Nice pick with Fer.

roryc wrote: »
    Nice pick with Fer.

Was a FFS members article that flagged him to me. Midfielder with the 4th highest shots inside the box in the game. This was my third week with him and was beginning to doubt the wisdom in buying him to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

He hasn't played in that role except for the one game last week against United, he's in his normal midfield role but playing with a bit more freedom and dare I say it, confidence, he's always scored goals. Lampard and Ramsey style.

He has been playing that role all season. The reason he hasn't been scoring is a mixture of luck and Spurs being as blunt as a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

53(-4) a few green arrows. Expect them to dissappear tomorrow if ramsey does his usual stuff. So to the 5 or 6 of us left without ramsey please dont tempt fate or jinx it with any posts if ramsey has a quiet first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

52 with Ramsey, Kos, Coleman and Lukaku to play so happy enough with that, hopefully break 60!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

48 with Ramsey, Ozil, Chester, Lakaku, Coleman to play... 60 would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Just saw yer self and a few others said thanks to a poster for saying he was pissed off with makey uppy threads...was only gettin a rise out of easily 'rose' people :)
    For Mr Prodston et al

• Advertisement
Advertisement