Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

44 points with Oviedo / Ramsey / Lukaku and either Vlaar or Coleman left to play :)

Surprisingly decent score, green arrows all around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

49 with Lukaku, Coleman and Ramsey to go. Green arrows for the last 5 weeks thank God as GW 10 killed me and I dropped into 900K! Back around 320K now, but wont be finishing anywhere close to the 3820 finishing rank of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

THFC wrote: »
    He has been playing that role all season. The reason he hasn't been scoring is a mixture of luck and Spurs being as blunt as a hammer.

Absolutely true but Spurs have been unlucky all season when it comes to scoring goals, yesterday they should have scored at least 5, Defoe's two off the upright and Paulinho's misdirected header, keeper made at least two very good saves also.
    My previous post referred to Paulinho's position against United last week when he played "in the hole" to a large degree, he's played all year as part of a midfield two behind Eriksen or Holtby(I'm sure you know this judging by your username but just wnt to clarify my own thoughts). He has looked a bit more threatening in the last two games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Another defensive nightmare, couldn't decide on Moxey or Ward, bought Moxey. Dropped Santon to the bench and he's my only defender so far to keep a clean sheet, with no chance of coming off the bench.

39 from 7, but 30 of those are from Suarez. Lets hope today brings better scores, Ramsey, Giroud, Lukaku and Chico to play.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Just saw yer self and a few others said thanks to a poster for saying he was pissed off with makey uppy threads...was only gettin a rise out of easily 'rose' people :)
    For Mr Prodston et al

Doesn't bother me personally but that thing really does not go down well around here and it really isn't funny, just pointless. There is an unwritten code of practice around here which you get to know after a while, we've all fallen foul of it at some stage, chalk those negative thanks down to experience and stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Just saw yer self and a few others said thanks to a poster for saying he was pissed off with makey uppy threads...was only gettin a rise out of easily 'rose' people :)
    For Mr Prodston et al

It was neither a funny or believable thread, just childish, annoying and a waste of bytes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I hope Arsenal stuff Everton. 3-0 please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

1-0 Everton win with Coleman getting the goal, perfect result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    1-0 Everton win with Coleman getting the goal, perfect result!

If Everton do score, I need it to be Lukaku.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If Everton do score, I need it to be Lukaku.

I wonder why!

The advantage has swung slightly your way atm, Cabaye has cost me big time.

• Advertisement

I wonder why!

The advantage has swung slightly your way atm, Cabaye has cost me big time.

I deserve the win for my superior management :D

Fooled you into thinking my transfer was Bannan and then changed formation tactically to 4-3-3 to bamboozle you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wow, jus noticed a guy leading 2 of my money leagues and in the top 150 globally didn't captain suarez yesterday, picking Augero instead. Sweet. Even when the capt choice is blindingly obvious there are always a few that mess it up but that's an especially nice one.

Sess missed some sitters again yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

50 with Ozil, Ramsey, Coleman and Brady to play. Happy with that. 9 consecutive weeks of greens arrows has got me from 1.3M to 160,000. Slowly rising after a very bad start.

I deserve the win for my superior management :D

Fooled you into thinking my transfer was Bannan and then changed formation tactically to 4-3-3 to bamboozle you!

My coin toss has cost me the tie rather than superior management on your part!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is chamakh tempting anyone with the view to adding another top mid to their team?

Is chamakh tempting anyone with the view to adding another top mid to their team?

No. I can't see myself moving away from Suarez, Aguero and Lukaku unless injury means I have to.

My coin toss has cost me the tie rather than superior management on your part!! :p

A poor manager blames luck :D

I was surprised to be honest to see that you were unwilling to take an 8 point hit because of a Cup competition.

For me, anything can happen in a cup competition. The goal is to finish as high as you can in the global rankings and win your private leagues.

If my team needed fixing, I wouldn't let a cup competition stop me doing what I thought was best.

No. I can't see myself moving away from Suarez, Aguero and Lukaku unless injury means I have to.

True chamakh would really be a step down, not a sensible move.

I've got Giroud Suarez and aguero. I am seriously considering a double transfer Wazza and paulinho for Giroud and Gerrard...any opinions on that? Only worried about paulinho pulling his weight points wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Absolutely true but Spurs have been unlucky all season when it comes to scoring goals, yesterday they should have scored at least 5, Defoe's two off the upright and Paulinho's misdirected header, keeper made at least two very good saves also.
    My previous post referred to Paulinho's position against United last week when he played "in the hole" to a large degree, he's played all year as part of a midfield two behind Eriksen or Holtby(I'm sure you know this judging by your username but just wnt to clarify my own thoughts). He has looked a bit more threatening in the last two games though.

In fairness, those games have been against two of the worst teams in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what are people seeing as the ideal front 3 this year?

I've currently got Aguero, Suarez and Rooney.
    Decent midfield too with Ozil, Hazard and Ramsey.

anyways, is it worth having the big 3 up front?

Currently in the top 60,000, wouldn't mind keeping this up.

True chamakh would really be a step down, not a sensible move.

I've got Giroud Suarez and aguero. I am seriously considering a double transfer Wazza and paulinho for Giroud and Gerrard...any opinions on that? Only worried about paulinho pulling his weight points wise.

My worry with Rooney would be van Persie eating into his points now that he's back.

That, and the fact that United are playing so poorly. Everton have a really good run now after today and Lukaku has been getting points even against tougher teams.

Why not consider him?

My worry with Rooney would be van Persie eating into his points now that he's back.

That, and the fact that United are playing so poorly. Everton have a really good run now after today and Lukaku has been getting points even against tougher teams.

Why not consider him?

Yes your right, using a bit of common sense gets you far! Lukaku for the next few games anyway compared to Giroud is a no brainer.
    Also im confident that Morrison can fill in for Gerrard for the next game if he is out, silly thinking to get rid of Gerrard on the basis of a knock, he is always good for at least a handful of points each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RossieMan wrote: »
    what are people seeing as the ideal front 3 this year?

I've currently got Aguero, Suarez and Rooney.
    Decent midfield too with Ozil, Hazard and Ramsey.

anyways, is it worth having the big 3 up front?

Currently in the top 60,000, wouldn't mind keeping this up.

Really depends on who your 4th midfielder is as you have a good 6 there but I'd think you should be playing 3 at the back rather than 4 unless they're a really strong 4, so your 4th mid will need to play.

So you should weigh up maybe Rooney plus that 4th mid versus a Lukaku or Remy plus maybe a Yaya Toure.

It's really personal preference however and hindsight is a great thing. But right now I wouldn't think of moving Aguero or Suarez, so Rooney would just depend on his returns + 4th mid and whether you can do better with another combination.

Guzan, Herd, Baker, Clark, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Delph, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Benteke

Stekelenburg, Riise, Senderos, Sidwell, Berbatov, Kacaniklic, Karagounis, Hughes, Dejagah, Riether, Parker

Vlaar out, Kasami on bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No Vlaar in squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

8-10 wrote: »
    Really depends on who your 4th midfielder is as you have a good 6 there but I'd think you should be playing 3 at the back rather than 4 unless they're a really strong 4, so your 4th mid will need to play.

So you should weigh up maybe Rooney plus that 4th mid versus a Lukaku or Remy plus maybe a Yaya Toure.

It's really personal preference however and hindsight is a great thing. But right now I wouldn't think of moving Aguero or Suarez, so Rooney would just depend on his returns + 4th mid and whether you can do better with another combination.

Yea i see what you're saying. Currently am playing 3 at the back with Coleman, Mert and Zab.

Have Mutch as my 4th, he may not get the massive points, but hes solid every week.
    Also have Gabbidon in the last 2 weeks, very, very impressed.

Tough year this year for choices, thinking of tossing Ozil and bringing in Yaya or Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Yes your right, using a bit of common sense gets you far! Lukaku for the next few games anyway compared to Giroud is a no brainer.
    Also im confident that Morrison can fill in for Gerrard for the next game if he is out, silly thinking to get rid of Gerrard on the basis of a knock, he is always good for at least a handful of points each game.

Gerrard didn't get a knock he's tweeked his hamstring. He could be out for days up to weeks

manual_man wrote: »
    No Vlaar in squad

Coleman in for me so.

If any of Coleman / Lukaku / Oviedo / Ramsey don't play, I can't field a full 11

Yesssss.

amber69 wrote: »
    Gerrard didn't get a knock he's tweeked his hamstring. He could be out for days up to weeks

Ok he didn't get a knock then, maybe he didn't warm up properly before the game which could have caused it, tut tut Stevie.

• Advertisement

Benteke and Baker are the only players in this who have over 5% ownership, I assume anyone who still has Benteke is a zombie so it's a nothing match really, ideally 1-1 with no name scorers.

Ok he didn't get a knock then, maybe he didn't warm up properly before the game which could have caused it, tut tut Stevie.

Hey I was only trying to help. A knock is completely different from a strain which will be scanned during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think Gerrard's been around long enough to know how to warm up properly. Latest on Twitter is that he could be out for up to a month but not confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Danger781 wrote: »
    Coleman in for me so.

If any of Coleman / Lukaku / Oviedo / Ramsey don't play, I can't field a full 11

Yesssss.

Oviedo in for me. Of course last week he stayed as my first sub with those juicy double figures :(

I think Gerrard's been around long enough to know how to warm up properly. Latest on Twitter is that he could be out for up to a month but not confirmed.

Would be good because it'd leave Suarez on pens and the majority of free kicks over Xmas.

Benteke and Baker are the only players in this who have over 5% ownership, I assume anyone who still has Benteke is a zombie so it's a nothing match really, ideally 1-1 with no name scorers.

The person above me in my private league has captain Benteke playing.. :eek:

EDIT:

Picture for proof

8rtN7c1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

manual_man wrote: »
    No Vlaar in squad

Thank God! I have Ward sitting on the bench with 7 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Question: I have kasami at the moment, in for rooney while he was out. Kasami (midfielder) ain't playing at the moment but I have whittaker (defender) as my first sub. Will he replace kasami? or what way does the new sub system work?

Danger781 wrote: »
    The person above me in my private league has captain Benteke playing.. :eek:

EDIT:

Picture for proof

8rtN7c1.png

They won't be above you for long with that team danger!
    Edit.. cue Benteke hat trick

neasyerac wrote: »
    Question: I have kasami at the moment, in for rooney while he was out. Kasami (midfielder) ain't playing at the moment but I have whittaker (defender) as my first sub. Will he replace kasami? or what way does the new sub system work?

Whittaker will replace Kasami but it's highly unlikely that Kasami won't appear at some stage.

Danger, you will definitely finish the season higher than that guy, he's got a terrible team and he made three transfers this week but still has no Suarez

• Advertisement

amber69 wrote: »
    They won't be above you for long with that team danger!

Let's hope so ;)

Funnily enough he was leading the league for a brief period. Then again, I was too at the beginning of the season and now I'm down to 4th! The person on top now was last early in the season, and he now has a considerable lead above the second spot, a 60 point gap at the moment.

JOg9x9E.png

Today will decide a lot..

Paddy's picks - Szczesny, Koscielny, Coleman, Ramsey, Lukaku
    Amazeballs (Me) - Coleman, Oviedo, Lukaku, Ramsey
    Fusser - Lukaku, Ramsey
    Abacus Cone - Szczesny, Coleman, Jagielka, Ramsey, Giroud

0-0 would be the worst possible result.

1-1 with Lukaku and Ramsey being the scorers would be the best thing I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

baker clears off the line for villa

delph booked misses next game v man utd

goal sidwell

Sidwell scores. It was coming

dejagah assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fulham look much much better today

Danger, you will definitely finish the season higher than that guy, he's got a terrible team and he made three transfers this week but still has no Suarez

My Dad did his wildcard this week (Had like 4 injuries and a few rotation risks) and didn't bring in Suarez..

I honestly think it's the worst wildcard I've seen this season :P

pU3AdKC.png

But it's okay though, he doesn't pay attention to the game. Pretty much checks it for about 10 minutes per week. I think he just plays because it's one of the few things we do together. :o

km79 wrote: »
    Fulham look much much better today

rene has them fired up

• Advertisement

rene has them fired up

United losing him was terrible.

Advertisement