Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone as a toy

Options
  • 07-12-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but I was thinking of getting my daughter a phone without sim for her birthday. Does anyone know if this will work out? As in will the phone eventually lock? Will she be able to use apps like Spotify or angry birds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It'll work perfect without a sim, but she'll need to connect to wifi to download games etc so unless you disconnect it from the internet after downloading any apps she'll still have access to the internet.
    Some cheap good phones out there which would be good for games, check out the huawei y300 on meteor or 3 have a lovely looking Alcatel idiol mini with a 4.3 inch screen for games. Stay clear of the cheap stuff they'll be no good for apps.
    A cheap tablet might also do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks so much. Great help. Got her an mp3 player in argos and its the worst piece of plastic I have ever seen. Phone not much dearer and she uses mine for Spotify all the time so that will be the best thing I think

Advertisement