Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity- endorsed products

Options
  • 07-12-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi guys, I am in final year at college and I have to do a research project. I was wondering if I could get people's opinions on celebrity endorsed products.

I wanna know would you consider buying a product if a particular celebrity endorsed it. If so, why or if not, why not?

Any celebrities you like or dislike? Any reasons why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Because of Brendan O Connor, I will not go into any Mace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Not sure about boycotting products endorsed by celebs I don't like because I wouldn't buy something just because a celeb I liked endorsed it.

That said, if Amanda Brunker, Blathnaid Ní Chofaigh or Fiona Looney were endorsing something I wouldn't use/buy the stuff. I cannot stand the 3 of them. I can't even put my finger on why, I just burst into irrational rage when I see or hear them on tv or radio. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

The Brad Pitt endorsement of Chanel turned me off it in a way. I don't really "get" or "like" him and so associating him with the product would make it less attractive to me.

Any celeb who endorses something like Kim Kardashian did with Sketchers and tries to make out that a pair of runners will give you body time x,y,z really annoys me. None of these people get the bodies they have without putting in lots of time and effort. There is nothing wrong with time and effort, its to be admired, but I dislike the implications that come with such an endorsement.

I might be more inclined to follow a beauty tip or such like over an endorsement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I find the use of deceased celebrities to endorse products distasteful to say the least. Marilyn Monroe Chanel, Audrey Hepburn ?Galaxy are 2 that immediately spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Cheryl Cole is on a shampoo advert, even though I ahve hair I wouldn't make me buy it.

Now if she was doing an advert for laser tattoo removal, well if I had a tattoo that would interest me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I like the ad with matthew mcconaghey and scarlet johansen. It's like a beautiful mini movie

Advertisement