Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

• 07-12-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have to look at replacing either Fonte or Vlaar as Chester isn't reliable to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Invincible wrote: »
    Have to look at replacing either Fonte or Vlaar as Chester isn't reliable to start.

Got rid of Fonte last night. The three potential replacements for similar money were Ridgewell, Chiricles and Williams. Went with Vlad in the hope Spurs can get some defensive form back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I would think Chester is nailed on tbh.

Think I'll most likely do Migs (hero of last nights price drops) to Howard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cabaye and Remy out, Lukaku plus a n other in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Mig is gone for me. Think I'll do Ozil to Hazard as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

mig to howard if nothing else pops up this gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Mignolet -> Howard for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Lads.. ye're gonna make Mig drop.. Asshats all of ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Lukaku in for Bentekkers and either Distin for Lescott (dont even ask me why) or Howard for Mignolet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mignolet > McGregor
    Lampard > Hazard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Thinking about making Rooney captain next week instead of Suarez and Ageruo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I'm thinking Ozil out, Hazard in and Pantilimon out, Howard in for a -4 hit. Then Remy out, Lukaku in the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

may do coutinho to oscar if he is fit. Would give me oscar and hazard at home to palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Danger781 wrote: »
    Lads.. ye're gonna make Mig drop.. Asshats all of ye

Skirtel gonna make him drop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Need a keeper for 4.3m or less , suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gerrard injury is a kick in the teeth, only got him in last week. Had planned on just doing Remy to Lukaku this week but will probably get rid of Gerrard for a hit. Will have exactly enough to get Hazard in before he goes up again tonight but i'm not sure about it. Maybe Coutinho would be a better option :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Mignolet out for Szczesny or Howard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Real dilemma around 3 players now, Mignolet,Cabaye and Remy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Only two goals for Suarez today, thats it, hes gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FearDark wrote: »
    Only two goals for Suarez today, thats it, hes gone.

Just the one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Need a keeper for 4.3m or less , suggestions ?

Anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Anyone

There are only a few options I'd say; Gazzaniga and Mannone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Mignolet -> Szczesny for me this week. Szczesny will be my season keeper I reckon. I can play Gazzaniga for the next two if need be.

That'll likely be it for this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Opinions please

If Stevie G is inj. over two weeks

Gerrard&Remy to Rooney&7.1mid or Lukaku&10.0 mid.

My mids are: Gerrard,Amalfitano,Whitts,Ramsey,Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Leroy Fer is an interesting option, his next 4 are:

Swansea (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Man Utd (H)

Have 6.6m tied up in Sess which could be used to get Fer in. Could hold off on Gerrard and then maybe switch him to Coutinho before their home game against Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Giroud to lukaku for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone

mannone great home fixtures for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Mig to Szcz for me. Terry has to go too. Is it worth getting a Newcastle defender for him? My other defenders are Coleman, Moxey, Ridgewell, Chester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Anyone

Howard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Leroy Fer is an interesting option, his next 4 are:

Swansea (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Man Utd (H)

Have 6.6m tied up in Sess which could be used to get Fer in. Could hold off on Gerrard and then maybe switch him to Coutinho before their home game against Cardiff.

I've been raving about him since the start of the season. His stats are very impressive. I had him for a while earlier in the season but he did little of note. Will be getting him in for Brady next week.

Plan is to bank this weeks transfer and then do toure + Fer + defender in for lallana + brady + yanga mbiwa/pieters. Depends on Pieters' injury and whether YMbiwa might get back into the Newcastle team if Debuchy is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Is Moxey injured or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    Is Moxey injured or what?

From BBC:

SUBSTITUTION Crystal Palace 1-0 Cardiff
    Palace are forced into a change with Dean Moxey limping off to be replaced by Adrian Mariappa. The home fans at Selhurst Park will hope it doesn't have too big an impact as their side are in control.

Would I be totally crazy in getting rid of Nasri for Paulinho, or even Shelvey?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Gerrard to Oscar

or

Arnautovic to Januzaj, Whittingham, Brady or Bannan (anyone <5.1m)
    Gerrard to Hazard for a 4 point hit

Is Hazard worth that much more than Oscar for the hassle? It would have to be done tonight (not a fan of early transfers) as Hazard is going up and Arnautovic is going down. Or are there others better than the two? I have City, Pool, Arsenal player(s), no Chelsea which is the reason I'm choosing between the two.

Opinions appreciated.

rosskind wrote: »
    Gerrard to Oscar

or

Arnautovic to Januzaj, Whittingham, Brady or Bannan (anyone <5.1m)
    Gerrard to Hazard for a 4 point hit

Is Hazard worth that much more than Oscar for the hassle? It would have to be done tonight (not a fan of early transfers) as Hazard is going up and Arnautovic is going down. Or are there others better than the two? I have City, Pool, Arsenal player(s), no Chelsea which is the reason I'm choosing between the two.

Opinions appreciated.

I don't think there'll be much in it but I do think Hazard will out score Oscar.

Hazard had the best game I've ever seen him have Wednesday night. He was unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Those thinking of selling Terry just bear in mind he has Palace at home next week.

Did Mig and Ozil to Howard and Hazard. Not sure how I feel about getting rid of Ozil but I need Chelsea cover and I already have Ramsey.

THFC wrote: »
    Those thinking of selling Terry just bear in mind he has Palace at home next week.

Did Mig and Ozil to Howard and Hazard. Not sure how I feel about getting rid of Ozil but I need Chelsea cover and I already have Ramsey.

Won't be selling him till after that yeah. But then he goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Tim Howard. Thank f**k Mig didn't drop last week.

Hopefully Clyne is fit, otherwise I'll have to play Vlaar or Gabbidon.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Dont usually do early transfer but just brought in Hazard for Gerrard, I reckon Chelsea will rip into Palace next weekend and Hazard should be in the thick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Dont usually do early transfer but just brought in Hazard for Gerrard, I reckon Chelsea will rip into Palace next weekend and Hazard should be in the thick of it

Chelsea v Palace might not be as much of a white wash as people are expecting.

Palace won their last two, Chelsea aren't firing on all cylinders. Pulis will park the bus and they won't be easy break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

I just think after such a poor result today they will be all guns blazing against Palace

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has said that the club won't know the full extent of Steven Gerrard's injury until next week.

The Reds' skipper went off with a hamstring problem in their 4-1 win against West Ham United on Saturday.

"We just need to assess that in the next day or so," the Northern Irishman told reporters.

"It was definitely his hamstring. Hopefully it's just a strain

If he's out for a while really gonna be a pain, prob need a hit as it's just not really a runner to go into a GW with 9m of midfielder on bench when you could bring in Ozil or YaYa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I'm going to just wait until after the CL matches anyway if I can. I know I'm going to think up lots of sparkly ideas before then but I shouldn't be in a position to be influenced by .1 or .2 here and there by now.

I'd love to make 2 or 3 transfers but I need to see how Gerrard is and whether anyone else picks up an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Just in case of mignolet dropping in price going to get rid of him and bring in McGregor to free up some funds.

I'll be going Zab to either Martin Olsson or John Chester.

Will leave me with over 2 mil banked.

Lemlin wrote: »

Looking at my new defender bible, Iusedtolikebusts' excellent post on cheap defenders, Cardiff could be the way to go. Next 8 home games are WBA, Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich, Villa, Hull.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Just in case of mignolet dropping in price going to get rid of him and bring in McGregor to free up some funds.

He will be dropping tonight, so I think I'll be going ahead and getting Howard. Hit then if needed.

jamesbere wrote: »

Tempted to get rid as well tonight before the drop for Howard, although would prefer to see how he plays tomorrow first.

Although dont think my selling price would be affected as CP = £5.7, SP = £5.6, and PP = £5.6. If anyone could confirm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Lemlin wrote: »

I'm doing precisely sama but unsure which one to choose. :(

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Tempted to get rid as well tonight before the drop for Howard, although would prefer to see how he plays tomorrow first.

Although dont think my selling price would be affected as CP = £5.7, SP = £5.6, and PP = £5.6. If anyone could confirm please.

Yeah, you'll still get 5.6, I've had him since start at 5.5 so I currently get 5.6 SP but only 5.5 after tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement