Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mignoley out, Howard in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm doing precisely sama but unsure which one to choose. :(

I'm thinking it'll be Olsson because Norwich showed decent pedigree last season for clean sheets and seem to have slightly easier fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Really want to play Morrison next week but can't really drop any of my front 7.

Ramsey Coutinho Nasri Hazard
    Lukaku Aguero Suarez

The sooner they let us play 2 6 3 the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

roryc wrote: »

Lukaku Aguero Suarez

Your addicted already.

;)

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Your addicted already.

;)

To be honest I would love if Ramsey got injured tomorrow and is out until after Christmas. Means I can play Morrison next week and it screws people who have had him a while if they are forced to decide whether to get rid of him or not.

Not nice praying for an injury and I've enjoyed watching Ramsey play this year. That being said, hope Coleman does him in and gets a decent ban in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thinking of doing Mignolet to Krul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hmmm, considering coutinho to hazard, is it worth it or just try ride out the palace game as coutinho is at home to cardiff the following week and i think coutinho is liklier to get more gametime over the xmas/new year. would prefer to wait until nearer next weekend but if i am going to do it i may aswell do it before hazard rises even more in price.

To be honest I would love if Ramsey got injured tomorrow and is out until after Christmas. Means I can play Morrison next week and it screws people who have had him a while if they are forced to decide whether to get rid of him or not.

Not nice praying for an injury and I've enjoyed watching Ramsey play this year. That being said, hope Coleman does him in and gets a decent ban in the process

I think I would get rid in a heart beat to be honest if out till after xmas or new year.

Made quite a good profit, and could possible buy back cheaper than got rid for. An good few GWs during that time for him to drop.

Cant believe I'm even thinking that.

Would actually make a 1.4 mil profit between them.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Lukaku Aguero Suarez

Im dropping Coutinho for Morrison

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    hmmm, considering coutinho to hazard, is it worth it or just try ride out the palace game as coutinho is at home to cardiff the following week and i think coutinho is liklier to get more gametime over the xmas/new year. would prefer to wait until nearer next weekend but if i am going to do it i may aswell do it before hazard rises even more in price.

ok, once i actually looked at this it was quite an easy decision, while coutinho has a lovely fixture against cardiff the gw after next, his other 3 are all away to spurs, city and chelsea.
    hazard has 3 home fixtures in 4 including home games against palace and swansea and while he's likely to not start 1 of those 4 games he's not getting rotated as much as i thought, a quick look at his history shows he's played 90 minutes in 6 of the last 8 and 83 minutes in the other 2.
    turned out to be a very easy decision. (cue coutinho hitting ramsey type form)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

What about mike Williamson from Newcastle defence? He seems to be a certain starter, their getting the odd clean sheet and while they are unpredictable,who isn't defensively. Some good fixtures and 4.4m....

ok, once i actually looked at this it was quite an easy decision, while coutinho has a lovely fixture against cardiff the gw after next, his other 3 are all away to spurs, city and chelsea.
    hazard has 3 home fixtures in 4 including home games against palace and swansea and while he's likely to not start 1 of those 4 games he's not getting rotated as much as i thought, a quick look at his history shows he's played 90 minutes in 6 of the last 8 and 83 minutes in the other 2.
    turned out to be a very easy decision. (cue coutinho hitting ramsey type form)

just to keep this conversation with myself going, when i went to do it it turns out i was .1 short of getting hazard so taking this opportunity to get rid of mignolet, can't afford howard and with lewis (cardiff) as my sub keeper i need someone who plays everyweek so can't risk mannone so who better to get than the other cardiff keeper that actually plays? if he does get dropped lewis will come in anyway and 3 of marshall's next 4 fixtures are west brom southampton and sunderland at home. it's a 4 point hit mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Looking at my new defender bible, Iusedtolikebusts' excellent post on cheap defenders, Cardiff could be the way to go. Next 8 home games are WBA, Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich, Villa, Hull.

I really should follow my own advice and start downgrading my defence.
    Ive 2 choices johnson to B Turner or coutinho to oscar. Im edging towards coutinho to oscar( if fit). Coutinho was MOTM today but in FF he only returned 2 pts.

Ive 2 choices johnson to B Turner or coutinho to oscar. Im edging towards coutinho to oscar( if fit). Coutinho was MOTM today but in FF he only returned 2 pts.

been saying that about him for a while, anytime i've seen liverpool with him playing he's been great and runs the show but it's not translating to FF points so i've ditched him for hazard.

Why Ben Turner? Chester from Hull (home to Stoke) and Olsson (home to Swansea) also have good fixtures.

• Advertisement

been saying that about him for a while, anytime i've seen liverpool with him playing he's been great and runs the show but it's not translating to FF points so i've ditched him for hazard.

I have hazard and am thinking coutinho to oscar. To give me hazard and oscar at home to palace next week. Ye coutinho is a great player especially against the weaker teams its mad his worst performance since returning from injury was against everton and he scores in that game:confused: Chelsea can rest the likes of hazard and oscar against steau midweek and then the carling cup the following midweek.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why Ben Turner? Chester from Hull (home to Stoke) and Olsson (home to Swansea) also have good fixtures.

I have olsson (left him on the bench today to play dawson, terry, g johnson the right move but annoying nonetheless). I only plan playing my cheapies at home so next 5
    Cardiff have WBA Sou SUN West ham Norwich
    Hull have Stoke man utd Ful Chelsea Spurs.

Olsson seems to rotate well with Ward from Palace so I reckon I'll go with him.

That will leave me with a defence of:

Coleman Mert Terry Ward Olsson

I might drop one of the other expensive defenders next. At the minute it'll either be Meet or Terry. Coleman is the only safe one.

I have olsson (left him on the bench today to play dawson, terry, g johnson the right move but annoying nonetheless). I only plan playing my cheapies at home so next 5
    Cardiff have WBA Sou SUN West ham Norwich
    Hull have Stoke man utd Ful Chelsea Spurs.

Turner would me my choice for a cheap defender, in for either Dawson or Merts if done this week, or Terry from next week.

Curious why nobody talking about Williamson from Newcastle though. Am I missing something? Southampton, Stoke and Arsenal home and Palace away in next 4. Newcastle actually getting more CS against 'bigger' teams, they've shut out Chelsea, spurs and Man U.

Current team.

Mignolet
    Pantilimon

Dawson
    Fonte
    Vlaar
    Coleman
    Terry

Nasri
    Bannan
    Hazard
    Bacuna
    Ramsey

Agüero
    Suárez
    Lukaku

I'm thinking this week
    Mignolet to Howard
    Dawson/Fonte to Gabbidon

Next week
    Nasri to Shelvey
    ?Lukaku to Rooney

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mignonet & Nasri out for Krul & Hazard done. 2fts

What about mike Williamson from Newcastle defence? He seems to be a certain starter, their getting the odd clean sheet and while they are unpredictable,who isn't defensively. Some good fixtures and 4.4m....

Their recent upturn in form has coincided with him being back in the team. Its a good shout he seems to be ahead of yanga mbiwa in the pecking order.

Turner would me my choice for a cheap defender, in for either Dawson or Merts if done this week, or Terry from next week.

Curious why nobody talking about Williamson from Newcastle though. Am I missing something? Southampton, Stoke and Arsenal home and Palace away in next 4. Newcastle actually getting more CS against 'bigger' teams, they've shut out Chelsea, spurs and Man U.

Ben Turner or Mickey Turner?

Ben Turner or Mickey Turner?

Oh God, Ben!! :D

Sorry Mr P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Why everyone getting rid of mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Anyone looking at Hernandez of Swansea, was a great FF player before injury and priced at bargain 5.7. Looking at moving morrison or brady for him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh God, Ben!! :D

Sorry Mr P.

Why not both? :D

I'm becoming like a crazy cat lady with my cheap defenders now:

Mickey T, Benny T, Danny G, Sheamie and soon we'll have Jimmy C to add to the collection when I get around to ditching Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Mignolet -> Szczesny done.

Glad to be rid, should have done so ages ago..

I've seen some people mentioning bringing in Oscar.

He is very close to a drop, have patience and save yourself 0.1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I don't think there'll be much in it but I do think Hazard will out score Oscar.

Hazard had the best game I've ever seen him have Wednesday night. He was unplayable.

I looking at some stats and Hazard is definitely worth the extra money over Oscar (imo, of course). Looked further, Whittingham's creating a lot of chances, on set pieces and his fixtures work well with my other 4/5th mid option for the next month.

Decided to pull the trigger and went for the two as I actually had the two free transfers. 0.2m saved (Arnautovic out, who is falling tonight, although I do like him as a player) so I would've had to choose a much weaker option than Whittingham. Quite pleased with it actually. Just hope Hazard comes through midweek alright, hate early transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Mignolet out for who? , already have three Everton players

Mignolet out for who? , already have three Everton players

Depends how much you want to spend!

Clean Sheet Keepers
    Szczesny has some tough fixtures on the way, but as a long term investment should pay off nicely.

Jaaskelainen is a solid keeper, although WHAM seem to be struggling defensively a little bit since Reid got injured.

Begovic was fantastic last year, keeping 12 clean sheets. Seems on track to getting close to that number once again with 5 so far.

Krul is a very good keeper from what I've seen of him, and at 5.1 seems to be cheapest of the clean sheet keeper category. He's also only owned by 4% of people so a decent differential.

Pantilimon I feel bad recommending him as I am sure the week someone takes my advice he will be dropped. But he is the cheapest way into the City defence.

Bargain keepers
    These are bargain keepers that may not keep a lot of CS over the season, but should still get enough to justify their cheap price tag when you take save points into account.

Speroni
    4 CS in the last 5 games is immense. Speaks for itself.

McGregor
    Only conceded 3 goals at home this season. Gets lots of save points.

Marshall
    Gets frequent save points, and decent CS potential. 4 so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Danger781 wrote: »

Thinking Szczesny as a great long term option to alternate with a 'bargain',(home/away). Have it between McGregor or Marshall for 4 point hit. Would it be mad to play Szczesny away to City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Thinking Szczesny as a great long term option to alternate with a 'bargain',(home/away). Have it between McGregor or Marshall for 4 point hit. Would it be mad to play Szczesny away to City?

No not mad. I have him but I'll be bringing in Marshall for Hooper this GW. Im nervous of city at home.
    Edit.. I personally wouldn't take a hit for it.

I currently have Gazzaniga and Szczesny :)

Although once Boruc is back I'll need to look elsewhere.. January wildcard :)

I was torn between Olsson and Ben Turner but consulted FFS and, as I have Ward, I followed this:

Budget options Martin Olsson, Joel Ward and Ben Turner all clamber up the rankings in light of their upcoming run of games. All three are nailed-on for their respective sides, with Olsson the dearest of the trio at 4.2 – Ward and Turner come in at 4.0 and 4.1 respectively, as mentioned above, rotate very favourably. Indeed, between now and Gameweek 27, they’d hand you a run of (CAR, WBA, NEW, SOU, SUN, NOR, WHM, STO, HUL, NOR, WBA, AVL, HUL) – an outstanding set of home fixtures.

Olsson could still come in for Terry or Mert next GW. I have 2.5 million in the bank now but that change would give me 4.5 or so and allow me to upgrade one of my cheap mids to a more expensive option like Silva, Yaya, Oscar or Coutinho.

I could also go for Cabaye and Fer and rotate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Dont think Szczesny is a great choice for the next group of games tbh, cant see more than one CS in those 3 games

Thinking of Howard myself and then re-evaluate the situation at the wildcard.

Mignolet has been returning poorly for quite a while now but I've always had a more pressing concern so have stuck with. Spurs away next, cert to concede so now seems like time to cut him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Problem having Howard is i have Coleman and Lukaku, 3 from Everton is not ideal i feel.

I don't get the big rush to discard Mignolet tbh. I'm going to stick with him for now:

From FFS:

Three favourable home games (WHM, CAR, HUL) in the next six suggest Simon Mignolet owners may be happy to hold but Liverpool’s away schedule is as tough as their home matches are enticing – visits to Spurs, City and Chelsea may well persuade some to part company with the Belgian, who has one clean sheet in 10 heading into this evening’s visit of Norwich.

He's the fifth highest scoring 'keeper and there's only 13 points between him and Howard who is top. I certainly wouldn't see changing him as a priority.

Tough game on paper up next but the way Spurs are shooting he should at least get save points!

I'm not a fan on doubling up and Coleman is still the best value in that Everton defence for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yeah, not usually a fan of doubling up but people do it in defence/midfield/attack and it can pay off(ramsey/ozil....suarez/sturridge for a few games....everton defenders in a number of games).

Everton have fulham home, swans away, sunderland home........chance for 1/2 CS I'd guess.

I don't get the big rush to discard Mignolet tbh. I'm going to stick with him for now:

Three favourable home games (WHM, CAR, HUL) in the next six suggest Simon Mignolet owners may be happy to hold but Liverpool’s away schedule is as tough as their home matches are enticing – visits to Spurs, City and Chelsea may well persuade some to part company with the Belgian, who has one clean sheet in 10 heading into this evening’s visit of Norwich.

Problem with Liverpool is they are scoring well but then throw away a soft goal. A lot of the big sides seem to be doing this. Goals come easy against smaller teams so the CS not valued. But if you are Palace, hull or Norwich and a goal is like gold dust you bust your asš for that CS against a lower ranked side. This is the main reason I think the budget defence and keepers will pay of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Mignolet & Giroud out.

Gazziniga & Van Persie in..

yeh thats right RVP in...im goin for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Mignolet & Giroud out.

Gazziniga & Van Persie in..

yeh thats right RVP in...im goin for it!

Do you have Aguero and Suarez already because if you went for RVP over either of them, you're brave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Getting on the Everton defensive bandwagon.

Mignolet and Shaw out.
    Howard and Coleman in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Do you have Aguero and Suarez already because if you went for RVP over either of them, you're brave!

I have suarez ans lukaku. Im hoping rvp will get plenty of game time,hit a bit of form and man city rotate over chrimbo. Im currwnlty 7th in my money league and all 6 ahead of.me.have suarez and aguero. So I have to do something.

• Advertisement

My team - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/12054/event-history/15/

Strongly thinking of downgrading Clyne to either Chester or Tuner (Cardiff) at a 4 point hit, I'm struggling in defence next week and the wheels have definitely come off the Saints bandwagon. Chester is looking more likely atm. Then possibly dump Terry for Distin ahead of GW 17 (Chelsea face Arsenal away), leaving me the cash to upgrade Coutinho/Nasri to Ozil for GW18 when Arsenal's fixtures ease up considerably.

I've been a massive fan of Terry all season but Chelsea can't keep a clean sheet to save their life - happy to double up on Everton defender + keeper over Christmas, they have some lovely fixtures. Nasri and Coutinho are big rotation risks over the festive period, although the longer Gerrard and Silva remain injured the better.

^ I'm thinking along the same lines

Considering Vlaar -> Chester, as both are equally likely of CS imo.. Saves me 0.7 so

That will be a 4 point hit though, not sure if that's justifiable. Although, it's that or play one of
    - Vlaar vs MUFC
    - Dawson vs LFC

Neither sound appealing. Perhaps a tactical 4 point hit is on the cards..

My team - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/12054/event-history/15/

Strongly thinking of downgrading Clyne to either Chester or Tuner (Cardiff) at a 4 point hit, I'm struggling in defence next week and the wheels have definitely come off the Saints bandwagon. Chester is looking more likely atm. Then possibly dump Terry for Distin ahead of GW 17 (Chelsea face Arsenal away), leaving me the cash to upgrade Coutinho/Nasri to Ozil for GW18 when Arsenal's fixtures ease up considerably.

I've been a massive fan of Terry all season but Chelsea can't keep a clean sheet to save their life - happy to double up on Everton defender + keeper over Christmas, they have some lovely fixtures. Nasri and Coutinho are big rotation risks over the festive period, although the longer Gerrard and Silva remain injured the better.
    coutinho wont be rotated there is nobody to come in for him. Liverpools fixtures are awful though. Think Im going to hang onto Terry but distin does have an excellent run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonna have a good look at Everton today.
    Either gonna move Kolo toure out for Evans , Chester or Possibly Distin and (already have Coleman) OR switch sessegnon out for mirallis or Barkley......
    I really should sort out toure first I guess

Coutinho hasn't impressed me since getting him in, he doesn't seem to be as attack minded as he was at the end of last season. Nasri at least has the ability to score a few, as proven last week and in Europe.

A lot depends on when Silva's due back

• Advertisement
Advertisement