Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    Coutinho hasn't impressed me since getting him in, he doesn't seem to be as attack minded as he was at the end of last season. Nasri at least has the ability to score a few, as proven last week and in Europe.

A lot depends on when Silva's due back

I agree I have him aswell. The big thing for me is that liverpool scored 8 goals in 2 games and all he got was an assist. The only thing in his favour is that he wont be rotated but spurs, chelsea and city away are nearly as tough as it gets. Im going to take coutinho out for oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I said the same about Nasri, City win 7-0 and he gets one assist, then go and smash Spurs 6-0 and he gets nothing. Then he goes and brings me 16 points against Swansea...

Can't see the same happening with Coutinho though, maybe it'll change with Gerrard out. Will give him until after the Cardiff game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

dahat wrote: »
    Problem having Howard is i have Coleman and Lukaku, 3 from Everton is not ideal i feel.

How do you work that out when they;ve only lost 1 game all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dubliner28 wrote: »

I personally wouldn't be comfortable with it,just my preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Transfer done for the week Dawson out Coleman in finally

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Lukaka for remy

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

really looking forward to the january wildcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Pantilimon out, Howard in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Am I the only one tempted to bench Ramsey for the Man City match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

283778.PNG

Thinking maybe to offload Chico for a cheaper & better value for money defender so I can upgrade Ward-Prowse the following week? Anything that I'm not taking into consideration is appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

BNMC wrote: »
    Pantilimon out, Howard in.

Same as that. Hate using my one transfer on a keeper but I'll likely be using Howard for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Remy,Zabaleta&Amalfitano to Rooney,Chester&Oviedo a good move? for a 4p hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

irish son wrote: »
    Am I the only one tempted to bench Ramsey for the Man City match?

Have him benched in my initial team, but Gerard injury may force me to play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dempsey wrote: »
    283778.PNG

Thinking maybe to offload Chico for a cheaper & better value for money defender so I can upgrade Ward-Prowse the following week? Anything that I'm not taking into consideration is appreciated!

Your fifth midfielder will be a perma-sub on that team. No rush or particular need to upgrade him now. I'd hold the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

7b356e78c5cfeedab600cfe66e4d28ff.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Current team.

Mignolet
    Pantilimon

Dawson
    Fonte
    Vlaar
    Coleman
    Terry

Nasri
    Bannan
    Hazard
    Bacuna
    Ramsey

Agüero
    Suárez
    Lukaku

I'm thinking this week
    Mignolet to Howard
    Dawson/Fonte to Gabbidon

Next week
    Nasri to Shelvey
    ?Lukaku to Rooney

Thoughts?

Anyone. Athough now thinking Mig to Sczesny/Krul, and a different defender instead of Gabbidon, as this would give me two Palace players which could be risking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Having achieved our (the Brigade's) mission of limiting Ramsey to a single assist in 2 whole games I'd be quite happy to jump ship and bank my .1 made on him but that Gerrard injury could be a problem, he's been playing really well too.

I'm going to hold my FT until later in the week and access my options but I think Ozil is the Arsenal mid to keep going forward. I'll keep an eye on Oscar as Hazard is too much for my liking. Howson and Ravel are all medium-term problems too but happy to keep them this week. I may even keep Mig for another 2 weeks as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Spurs may draw a blank, especially as I can sustain another .1 drop before I'd suffer again.

It'd be a fools errand to rush into something with European matches this week too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Having achieved our (the Brigade's) mission of limiting Ramsey to a single assist in 2 whole games I'd be quite happy to jump ship and bank my .1 made on him but that Gerrard injury could be a problem, he's been playing really well too.

I'm going to hold my FT until later in the week and access my options but I think Ozil is the Arsenal mid to keep going forward. I'll keep an eye on Oscar as Hazard is too much for my liking. Howson and Ravel are all medium-term problems too but happy to keep them this week. I may even keep Mig for another 2 weeks as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Spurs may draw a blank, especially as I can sustain another .1 drop before I'd suffer again.

It'd be a fools errand to rush into something with European matches this week too

Mission accomplished Mr. P, we needed a firefighter after that 15 pointer. You've played your part and will be welcomed back.

Whiskey is going down well tonight in your absence.

I'm holding tight on transfers too. Mig might be kept on as well.
    Ozil is a beast. 60 points from 6 home games I think.

Your fifth midfielder will be a perma-sub on that team. No rush or particular need to upgrade him now. I'd hold the transfer.

Only thought of that after making my post

Barring Chico, McGregor or Chester getting sent off, I'll be better off banking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Interestingly, Gareth Barry is unbeaten as an Everton player. That one game they lost was against City when Barry was ineligible due to playing against his parent club.

I didn't rate Martinez pre this season but he's really proving me wrong. His signings for Everton have been superb. Lukaku and Barry have been exactly what they needed. It's just a pity for them that they're on loan.

Martinez attacking style is mixing well with the defensive ethos ingrained by Moyes. Interesting that both players have signalled a willingness to stay beyond their loan deals. UCL football is needed to lure Lukaku though

Dempsey wrote: »
    Martinez attacking style is mixing well with the defensive ethos ingrained by Moyes. Interesting that both players have signalled a willingness to stay beyond their loan deals. UCL football is needed to lure Lukaku though

Lukaku and Courtois will both be back at Chelsea next year IMO. They said some stat last night on MoTD about a Chelsea striker not scoring away from home this year or something! Can't remember it exactly but it was crazy.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lukaku and Courtois will both be back at Chelsea next year IMO. They said some stat last night on MoTD about a Chelsea striker not scoring away from home this year or something! Can't remember it exactly but it was crazy.

Very surprised if Courtois isn't Chelsea no.1 next season

In the same interview Lukaku when stated his willingness to stay at Everton he said that Chelsea hadnt contacted him in over 2 months. Relationship between parent club and player is very frosty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Skertel and Brady out for gabby and fer.

Norwich have good fixtures and Brady is playing as a wing back.

Skertel transfer is personal. Two ogs in three weeks. Get lost you dope

Btw. Ozil is god

Interestingly, Gareth Barry is unbeaten as an Everton player. That one game they lost was against City when Barry was ineligible due to playing against his parent club.

I didn't rate Martinez pre this season but he's really proving me wrong. His signings for Everton have been superb. Lukaku and Barry have been exactly what they needed. It's just a pity for them that they're on loan.

His deadline day dealings were unbelievable Lukaku and barry on loan and Mccarthy plus flogging fellani to utd for 27 million. I didn't rate evertons chances of keeping clean sheets as I was thinking their full backs would be too attacking, but in barry and mccarthy they have great defensive coverage for the two CBs. Regretably I havent had an everton defender all season.

• Advertisement

His deadline day dealings were unbelievable Lukaku and barry on loan and Mccarthy plus flogging fellani to utd for 27 million. I didn't rate evertons chances of keeping clean sheets as I was thinking their full backs would be too attacking, but in barry and mccarthy they have great defensive coverage for the two CBs. Regretably I havent had an everton defender all season.

I've had Coleman from the start and I reckon he'll be a season keeper, he is going up again tonight.

I've had Coleman from the start and I reckon he'll be a season keeper, he is going up again tonight.

not far off being the best rb in the league. Im too late to that party so am looking at distin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Skertel and Brady out for gabby and fer.

Norwich have good fixtures and Brady is playing as a wing back.

Skertel transfer is personal. Two ogs in three weeks. Get lost you dope

Btw. Ozil is god

Just brought Fer in for Brady myself. Fer has some nice fixtures coming up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Have a possibly injured Gerard with a tough run of games coming up + 0.5 in the bank......
    Any suggestions for a good replacement?
    (My other midfielders are Ramsey, Hazard, Barkley & Ward Prowse)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Juan Mata has played 90, 80, 90 minutes respectively in his last 3 Premier league games. Granted Oscar's absence skews things but he did play in the first of the 3. He's 9.4 now too.

I just want to live in a world where this isn't the exception to the rule :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Have 2 FT's & 0.7m banked but have a fair bit of reshaping to do with my side.

- Have a 3.9m keeper(Davis who is almost redundant) + Whittaker(who actually played and got 5 pts!)
    - Had too much invested in defence(got a few out already)...do want Terry out after palace game perhaps
    - Want Mignolet out.......cant see many cleanies in next 4.
    - Midfield is lacking another big scorer I feel.
    - Want Barkley out...class but not FF friendly atm.
    - Want Lukaku up top for Remy

Team is

Mignolet(Davis)
    Terry, Mertesacker, Chico, Clyne, Whittaker.
    Ozil, Hazard, Barkley, Whitts, Morrison.
    Aguero, Suarez, Remy.

What do ye think lads? Whats a priority there in your view?

Need a better midfield but probably cant do it unless I go Ozil to Ramsey and then upgrade Barkley perhaps. happy enough with whitts and Morrison as bench options for now.

Other possible money saving transfers:
    Terry >> Distin
    Mig >> Krul

Whatever way I look at it, I think I need Ozil out to raise funds but I love the man!........:(.......that or terry to a really budget defender and go from there.

This bloody game!....:mad:...work in the morning FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Remy OUT, Lukaku IN has to be one..

The other for me is probably Mignolet OUT, Howard IN

You should be able to afford both

Santi101 wrote: »
    Have 2 FT's & 0.7m banked but have a fair bit of reshaping to do with my side.

- Have a 3.9m keeper(Davis who is almost redundant) + Whittaker(who actually played and got 5 pts!)
    - Had too much invested in defence(got a few out already)...do want Terry out after palace game perhaps
    - Want Mignolet out.......cant see many cleanies in next 4.
    - Midfield is lacking another big scorer I feel.
    - Want Barkley out...class but not FF friendly atm.
    - Want Lukaku up top for Remy

Team is

Mignolet(Davis)
    Terry, Mertesacker, Chico, Clyne, Whittaker.
    Ozil, Hazard, Barkley, Whitts, Morrison.
    Aguero, Suarez, Remy.

What do ye think lads? Whats a priority there in your view?

Need a better midfield but probably cant do it unless I go Ozil to Ramsey and then upgrade Barkley perhaps. happy enough with whitts and Morrison as bench options for now.

Other possible money saving transfers:
    Terry >> Distin
    Mig >> Krul

Whatever way I look at it, I think I need Ozil out to raise funds but I love the man!........:(.......that or terry to a really budget defender and go from there.

This bloody game!....:mad:...work in the morning FFS!

Never. Sell. Ozil.

Ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I sold Ozil, no regrets

Danger781 wrote: »
    I sold Ozil, no regrets

Double points in last three games. Highest point per game behind Suarez and augerio.

Leads prem with assists despite only coming in week four.

Fourth highest mid with three less games and....

I just named my team "The Ozil California" in his honour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Double points in last three games. Highest point per game behind Suarez and augerio.

I tip my hat to you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just made the Oh So Exciting transfer of Brady OUT El Ahmadi IN...

Bench fodder move, but I needed that shitehawk Brady out of my squad, good player but he has been poor since coming back from injury. Freed up .7 mil too so that will come in handy elsewhere. Pantilimon to Howard next week I think. McGregor in between the sticks at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any love for Schurle? Hard to know how many minutes he'll get with Chelsea's fixture congestion, but he's a cheap way into Chelsea's attack.

Any ideas for a Newcastle defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Any ideas for a Newcastle defender

Williamson. 4.4m. Guaranteed starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Anyone see photo FF use for Norwich's Whittaker?

Horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I agree with everything here. BUT... But... but... What about a 1 week punt on Hazard (CPL H while Ozil will be away to City) ?

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Coleman Fonte
    Mirallas Hazard Ramsey Townsend
    Remy Lukaku Suarez

Subs -McGregor McAuley Morrison Whittaker

2 FT this week.

Taughts ?
    Krul for Mignolet
    Williamson/Caulker for Fonte
    Fer for Townsend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Coleman Fonte
    Remy Lukaku Suarez

2 FT this week.

Taughts ?
    Krul for Mignolet
    Fer for Townsend
    Fonte out and McAuley out for a Crystal Palace + Cardiff Defender
    That'd be one idea anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Coleman Fonte
    Remy Lukaku Suarez

2 FT this week.

Taughts ?
    Krul for Mignolet
    Fer for Townsend

Think more urgent transfers,
    If it was Me is move Ivan not worth price tag. So maybe Ivan and townzend to someone like gabbidon and lampard/ lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rav Morrison OUT --> Fer IN

me team:

Mignolet Harper
    Johnson Ivanovic Coleman Vlaar McAuley
    Hazard Rambo Fer Hernandez Oviedo
    Lukaku Suarez Aguero

3m in bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thinking of shipping out Ivanovic for Mertesacker, to save .3 but Arsenal's upcoming fixtures are tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

AdMMM wrote: »
    Thinking of shipping out Ivanovic for Mertesacker, to save .3 but Arsenal's upcoming fixtures are tough!

Yeah, you're right. I'm thinking of shipping Ivano as well, but for Evra. Uniteds def will get better as season goes on i say (happens pretty much every season), evra hardly ever misses a game and he's improved his attacking returns as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdMMM wrote: »
    Just wait a few weeks, if you want Ivanovic out immediately just find a stopgap with some nice fixtures for 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

And no matter how poorly Chelsea have been performing at the back you'll surely give him the home game with Palace in the coming gameweek, seems a bit mad to remove a Chelsea defender before that.

Advertisement