Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I've has this thing in my head all week about Rooney >>>> Lukaku. Gives me a lot of options to upgrade MF. Only drawback is no Utd coverage.

Straight question boys, over the next 6 GW's who scores more, Rooney or Lukaku?? 3m price diff is substantial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I've has this thing in my head all week about Rooney >>>> Lukaku. Gives me a lot of options to upgrade MF. Only drawback is no Utd coverage.

Straight question boys, over the next 6 GW's who scores more, Rooney or Lukaku?? 3m price diff is substantial
    Don't have (or want) either player but if I was you I'd go for Lukaku, he has some great fixtures coming up while Rooney's returns will be lessened by RVP's return and the fact that United are playing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll tell you in 6 GWs :pac:

I've got the same issue but I'm looking more towards Mirallas, maybe. It's a transfer or two more than I want to make which probably involves 3 hits over the next 3 GWs as it is. Rooney's a nice differential now that he shed a few owners with the suspension. Lukaku scares me though, he'll get a hat-trick some week as a viable captaincy choice and kill a lot of my good work. I just have to hope he keeps quiet on a few other occasions.

BNMC wrote: »
    Don't have (or want) either player but if I was you I'd go for Lukaku, he has some great fixtures coming up while Rooney's returns will be lessened by RVP's return and the fact that United are playing awful.

I will probably leave it be for another week anyway. Everton's fixture's are obviously great so it will either be Miralles or Lukaku who will be added, I have Coleman already. Am the same regard taking a big hit but the team looks a lot stronger without Rooney in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I tied my self in knots this week. With Palace hitting some form, newcastle doing well, everton keeping cleansheets, liverpool and mig not, and rooney back I had too many targets.

So kept it simple with rosinger to chester. Just need to keep my cool until wildcard time. Don't currently see the point in taking a points hit as my team is more or less ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I tied my self in knots this week. With Palace hitting some form, newcastle doing well, everton keeping cleansheets, liverpool and mig not, and rooney back I had too many targets.

So kept it simple with rosinger to chester. Just need to keep my cool until wildcard time. Don't currently see the point in taking a points hit as my team is more or less ok.

Name change required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it too risky to bring in Silva for this weekend? He looked sharp last night, but may not play the full 90, or even 60 against Arsenal. If he plays he's as likely to return and anyone, but he could be a 1 point wonder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Want to get Silva in next week......
    Have 1.2 in bank and switching toure to Chester this week makes it 2.2
    Sessegnon is 6.6 leaving me 0.3 short at moment soooooooo with an eye on respective fixtures would downgrading Szecnzey to Krul for a hit make sense?????
    I've thought about this again.....instead of taking a hit on a keeper I could downgrade Cabaye for a hit ? Its not something I really wanted to do but I think I'd rather Silva next week than cabaye ......

So Oscar, Hazard or Silva for Gerrard. One of the first too and need to decide tonight with Gerrard falling. It's gonna be a late one methinks. Tempted with a Mata gamble but know it doesn't make sense, can somebody bluntly talk me out of it please?

So Tempted with a Mata gamble but know it doesn't make sense, can somebody bluntly talk me out of it please?

If I didn't have hazard already id be tempted too. But it is a heck of a punt.

• Advertisement

So Oscar, Hazard or Silva for Gerrard. One of the first too and need to decide tonight with Gerrard falling. It's gonna be a late one methinks. Tempted with a Mata gamble but know it doesn't make sense, can somebody bluntly talk me out of it please?

At the prices Id go with Oscar. I've had Hazard since 9.0 so Im happy enough but don't think I would be spending 9.6 now. Oscar has potential to rise as well. Just my thoughts

FHFC wrote: »
    If I didn't have hazard already id be tempted too. But it is a heck of a punt.

It's absolutely nuts I know, but I can't help but smile at sheer the audacity of it.

It's absolutely nuts I know, but I can't help but smile at sheer the audacity of it.

Ya don't know with Jose he might not even start Mata!

Ya don't know with Jose he might not even start Mata!

Yeah I know, it's utter madness on my behalf. I'll probably go with Oscar. I'd prefer to wait until friday but Gerrard dropping makes it complicated.

Yeah I know, it's utter madness on my behalf. I'll probably go with Oscar. I'd prefer to wait until friday but Gerrard dropping makes it complicated.

The story of the game I'm afraid. One thing I've learned is that taking un-due risks doesn't pay off in 90% of cases. Whether it be captain choice or player selection. Now Mata may get a flyer on Sat & people get him in but I would rather see it happen first! Granted all my calculated risks have worked so far this season, Hazard Aguero Suarez Sturridge while I had him all hit the ground running so if you do risk it all the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

gerrard to Silva - done.

Please be good to me, I've had a brutal 2 weeks.

The story of the game I'm afraid. One thing I've learned is that taking un-due risks doesn't pay off in 90% of cases. Whether it be captain choice or player selection. Now Mata may get a flyer on Sat & people get him in but I would rather see it happen first! Granted all my calculated risks have worked so far this season, Hazard Aguero Suarez Sturridge while I had him all hit the ground running so if you do risk it all the best!

I'll probably go for Oscar as I may well be able to sneak Silva in the following week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Schurrle has been good lately too.

djPSB wrote: »
    Schurrle has been good lately too.

Well he scored 2 goals away to Stoke on a dark rainy day :pac:

Being injured and having played 166 minutes of EPL since the 6th of August is a step too far.

At least Mata has started the last 3 games, if not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well he scored 2 goals away to Stoke on a dark rainy day :pac:

Being injured and having played 166 minutes of EPL since the 6th of August is a step too far.

At least Mata has started the last 3 games, if not much else.

chelsea lost the last game. Mourinho will want a scapegoat it wouldnt surprise me if mata was that scapegoat. Matas a big risk Mr P based on whats happened with chelsea team selection to date.

I also hope Barkely picks up his 5th yellow this weekend, I have my eye on him for the first time this season really. It'd rest him and then make him more reliable while also potentially shedding owners and drop in price. Win-win but needs to happen soon

I got hazard to replace Michu, when Oscar was flavour of the month of the Chelsea mids, but my gut was to go for hazard. Next day he missed training and was dropped for the European game and I had my head in my hands, but he's out gunned Oscar since.

Mata could do the same, if he looks like hitting a run I'll prob swap hazard for him, but too early just yet to gamble on him for me.

chelsea lost the last game. Mourinho will want a scapegoat it wouldnt surprise me if mata was that scapegoat. Matas a big risk Mr P based on whats happened with chelsea team selection to date.

Yeah I've seen sense, it's a crazy notion and I'm going to go for Oscar, the unexciting option but most sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gerrard > Silva done. Mirallas came close but silva gets the prize.

After a hit that leaves me with this for the weekend. Tempted to do -8 to get Ben Turner in for Merts for vastly better chance of my CS than Dawson. But that will await the FFS cup draw for sure.

Goodnight!

284280.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm half inclined to lose my .1 made on Gerrard to wait until Friday as I can't shake the nagging feeling that Chelsea may be quiet against Palace, and after that their run isn't great with home fixtures the only feather in their cap. Silva teases me and with Ramsey rested for the weekend it's got to be on or t'other as if I sold him this week at a hit I just know what will happen :(

Impatient people who don't act economically rational annoy me. If everyone waited until Friday to sell Gerrard we'd all be better off. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Did Gerrard -> Oscar last night. Not entirely happy with that but I suspect I wouldn't have been with whoever I picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm half inclined to lose my .1 made on Gerrard to wait until Friday as I can't shake the nagging feeling that Chelsea may be quiet against Palace, and after that their run isn't great with home fixtures the only feather in their cap. Silva teases me and with Ramsey rested for the weekend it's got to be on or t'other as if I sold him this week at a hit I just know what will happen :(

Impatient people who don't act economically rational annoy me. If everyone waited until Friday to sell Gerrard we'd all be better off. :mad:

I'm in the same boat with Gerrard.

Can't decide between Silva and Hazard. The only decision I've made is that I'd prefer Hazard as my Chelsea option; but getting Oscar instead means I could potentially do Silva in two GWs or so.

John83 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Gerrard.

Can't decide between Silva and Hazard. The only decision I've made is that I'd prefer Hazard as my Chelsea option; but getting Oscar instead means I could potentially do Silva in two GWs or so.

Having looked at it again I'm very, VERY tempted to do the following:

Dawson > Olsson (Nor)
    Gerrard > Oscar
    Brady > Silva

Is that worth an -8 hit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dawson > Olsson (Nor)
    Gerrard > Oscar
    Brady > Silva

Is that worth an -8 hit?

yeah, i'd to that in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Krul Harper
    Kos Coleman Terry Zab Chester
    Hazard Ramsey Yaya Morrison Bannan
    Lukaku Suarez Aguero

Anyone have an idea what transfer to make? might just leave it until next week or maybe Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dawson > Olsson (Nor)
    Gerrard > Oscar
    Brady > Silva

Is that worth an -8 hit?

Brady isn't guaranteed to start, Gerrard's injured and Dawson is against Suarez.

it's as safe an 8pt hit as you can hope for.

Right, 8pt hit is a go!

Was just hesitant as it's my largest hit this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

SlickRic wrote: »
    Brady isn't guaranteed to start, Gerrard's injured and Dawson is against Suarez.

it's as safe an 8pt hit as you can hope for.

I personally wouldn't rush Dawson out just yet if I had him, and I wouldn't be in any great hurry to bring Silva in, good chance Silva will start on the bench this week and Dawson has good fixtures and little competition for his place after this weekend.

Contemplating some surgery

Mig -> Howard (great fixtures for Howard)
    Johnson -> Olsson (Norwich)
    Gerrard -> Hazard

hmmm

Surgery complete, hopefully deemed a success by Stephen's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I personally wouldn't rush Dawson out just yet if I had him, and I wouldn't be in any great hurry to bring Silva in, good chance Silva will start on the bench this week and Dawson has good fixtures and little competition for his place after this weekend.
    Dawson has been very close to leaving my team for the last few weeks but Ive looked at the fixtures and injury situation and reckon he is as good a bet as anyone to keep clean sheets between now and the jan wildcard so will hold onto him till then. Hopefully he doesn't get that 5th yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dawson has been very close to leaving my team for the last few weeks but Ive looked at the fixtures and injury situation and reckon he is as good a bet as anyone to keep clean sheets between now and the jan wildcard so will hold onto him till then. Hopefully he doesn't get that 5th yellow card.
    Same as that.
    I'm still debating whether szecnzey to Krul or cabaye to someone like Fer or Barkley is the way to go to get silva in. It will require a hit this week with sess moving to silva next week then.
    I don't really want rid of cabaye to be honest but a hit on a goalie .........

West Brom, Stoke and Palace at home in the next six gameweeks, Dawson seems safe enough in light of the injuries Spurs have so If I had him(I obviously don't:pac:) I'd be loathe to transfer him out for almost anyone at the moment and be confident that it would be a successful move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

4PT hit leaves me lining out like this..

Remy +Chico out-- Disitn + Lukaku in.

6f8d47cc2b3346b458c0a59af6338507.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This.

• Advertisement

GAH! All this talk of Dawson has stopped me pulling the trigger. Maybe I need to look more closely at long term changes.

Screenshot2013-12-12at112048_zpseaac4a8b.png

2.8 in the bank.

Gerrard > Oscar is a cert because it leaves cash for Brady > Silva.

I've missed the boat on Howard as I can't afford him now. So I had planned to swap of Koscielny to an Everton defender (Jagielka/Distin) and bring in Szczesny (once Arsenal get past the City and Chelsea fixtures); thus covering both defenses.

So if the general consensus is to hold Dawson, then Koscielny is the next choice to dump. I wasn't planning on playing him anyway this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

This.

I've been convinced to keep him. To be fair, he is the cheapest 'guaranteed' starter in the Spurs backline and I would put money on them being near the top CS score come the end of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hmmm...have you reconsidered your thoughts that Dawson might lose his place?

John83, you do seem to have a defensive problem with regards to this weekend, after that things don't look so bad, the hit to take Dawson or Koscielny out might not work out in the long run but it will fill a gap in your team this week and might bring in funds for something else. Who knows? The Silva thing is similar in a way, he might be on the bench this weekend and even if he starts it's a very difficult game for him, even if Brady doesn't play the rest of your midfield all have attractive fixtures once you have Gerrard replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think he will eventually too but at this stage of the season its surely a case of deal with that bridge when we reach it.

FutureGuy wrote: »

There was always an assumption that he would have competition for his place at some stage, for this weekend Capoue is likely to play alongside him again, Kaboul will probably never get a run of games without injury. Dawson is a disaster but there is no option right now. With Chiriches, Vert and Kaboul all fit I still think Dawson should and probably would be fourth choice but when will we see that? He's safe until the new year and has good home fixtures.

John83, you do seem to have a defensive problem with regards to this weekend, after that things don't look so bad, the hit to take Dawson or Koscielny out might not work out in the long run but it will fill a gap in your team this week and might bring in funds for something else. Who knows? The Silva thing is similar in a way, he might be on the bench this weekend and even if he starts it's a very difficult game for him, even if Brady doesn't play the rest of your midfield all have attractive fixtures once you have Gerrard replaced.

And to add to decisions, Dawson is 3% from a drop in price (on FPL). If that happens I'll lose .1 on him.

Instead of using the -8 hit to bring in Silva, I could use it to sort out my defense. Koscielny and Dawson > Distin and Olsson. Meaning I could play 4 at the back this weekend and still have a decent-ish midfield. Then next week bring in Silva (and possibly Szczesny depending on price rises).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Nasri likely to start vs Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I'm trying to clean up my bench so has anyone on any thoughts on who to bring in for Kasami?
    I have 4.8 to play with.

Thinking about maybe Redmond....

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

JR6 wrote: »
    I'm trying to clean up my bench so has anyone on any thoughts on who to bring in for Kasami?
    I have 4.8 to play with.

Thinking about maybe Redmond....

Thoughts?

Fulham were decent against Villa, Kasami playing for an in form team might be useful, if it's just to tidy up the bench, I'd bank the FT.

Advertisement