Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

PARlance wrote: »
    Fulham were decent against Villa, Kasami playing for an in form team might be useful, if it's just to tidy up the bench, I'd bank the FT.

Yeah but i have two free and he didn't start against Villa. Sidwell came in for him and scored. Reckon he could be dropped to the bench for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

JR6 wrote: »
    Yeah but i have two free and he didn't start against Villa. Sidwell came in for him and scored. Reckon he could be dropped to the bench for a while.

Didn't realise you had 2 FT's, Redmond is good, if you feel like a gamble then Ireland at 4.6 was good from the small bits I've seen of him, I think he'll start to get his place and expect Stoke to have a bit of a run of form.

They have relatively decent fixtures till the end of Jan (but the easier ones are away from home so not ideal if you're rotating him in)

Hull City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Tottenham (A)
    Everton (H)
    Liverpool (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Sunderland (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

John83 wrote: »
    GAH! All this talk of Dawson has stopped me pulling the trigger. Maybe I need to look more closely at long term changes.

Screenshot2013-12-12at112048_zpseaac4a8b.png

2.8 in the bank.

Gerrard > Oscar is a cert because it leaves cash for Brady > Silva.

I've missed the boat on Howard as I can't afford him now. So I had planned to swap of Koscielny to an Everton defender (Jagielka/Distin) and bring in Szczesny (once Arsenal get past the City and Chelsea fixtures); thus covering both defenses.

So if the general consensus is to hold Dawson, then Koscielny is the next choice to dump. I wasn't planning on playing him anyway this weekend.
    John83 wrote: »
    Having looked at it again I'm very, VERY tempted to do the following:

Dawson > Olsson (Nor)
    Gerrard > Oscar
    Brady > Silva

Is that worth an -8 hit?

There's no rush for that 8 pts hit.

Silva is a risk for the week-end. He's been brilliant in CL but that was against a Bayern team that kind of stopped playing while 2-0 up (Pellegrini made actually a huge mistake at the end changing his attackers since 1 goal more and the would have topped the group) and he's just back from injury. Not sure Pellegrini will give him such an intensive rhythm that soom. So I'd wait to get him in. Their next 3 games are not easy too.

You can do Gerrard -> Oscar as Chelsea attacking cover seems "essential" for this week-end.

And then get someone for Dawson if you don't want to lose the profit you made on him. The only thing is Spurs will be home to WBA, Sto and CP for gws 18, 19 and 21. There should be 2 CS at least there. On the other hand they've been crap lately.
    Arsenal have a tough enough run during Christmas (I'd say CS potential just away to WH and home to Cardiff) so you might change him instead. It's a tough call.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

iroced wrote: »
    There's no rush for that 8 pts hit.

Silva is a risk for the week-end. He's been brilliant in CL but that was against a Bayern team that kind of stopped playing while 2-0 up (Pellegrini made actually a huge mistake at the end changing his attackers since 1 goal more and the would have topped the group) and he's just back from injury. Not sure Pellegrini will give him such an intensive rhythm that soom. So I'd wait to get him in. Their next 3 games are not easy too.

You can do Gerrard -> Oscar as Chelsea attacking cover seems "essential" for this week-end.

I've made that transfer today. It's my only definite transfer. I'll hold off on Silva to see is Pellegrini going to slowly introduce him back in.
    And then get someone for Dawson if you don't want to lose the profit you made on him. The only thing is Spurs will be home to WBA, Sto and CP for gws 18, 19 and 21. There should be 2 CS at least there. On the other hand they've been crap lately.
    Arsenal have a tough enough run during Christmas (I'd say CS potential just away to WH and home to Cardiff) so you might change him instead. It's a tough call.

I'm more interested in doing Koscielny > Distin now for a -4 hit because Koscielny won't be a starter in my team for the next two GWs. And then just monitor Dawson's price. If it looks like he's going to drop then I'll need to act fast because that 0.1m is the difference in being able to afford Migs & Brady > Szczesny & Silva for the longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've just had a brainwave. Sell Ozil and keep Ramsey (just for another few weeks over xmas, brigade members) The logic being that Ramsey has had his rest and Ozil faces 3 away games in the next 4 with the home game being Chelsea.

It actually solves a lot of my problems and could see my potential transition to Walcott in the future more feasible. I feel dirty contemplating it but it does make sense, not that that I always do the sensible thing :pac:

Selling Ozil lets me do Hazard/Oscar and Silva in for Gerrard and Ravel at a manageable -4 rather than -8. With cash in the kitty for other exciting maneuvres the following week.

I've no decision made yet but I realise at this stage I'm overthinking things way to much but Gerrard getting injured wasn't part of the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I've just had a brainwave. Sell Ozil and keep Ramsey (just for another few weeks over xmas, brigade members) The logic being that Ramsey has had his rest and Ozil faces 3 away games in the next 4 with the home game being Chelsea.

It actually solves a lot of my problems and could see my potential transition to Walcott in the future more feasible. I feel dirty contemplating it but it does make sense, not that that I always do the sensible thing :pac:

Selling Ozil lets me do Hazard/Oscar and Silva in for Gerrard and Ravel at a manageable -4 rather than -8. With cash in the kitty for other exciting maneuvres the following week.

I've no decision made yet but I realise at this stage I'm overthinking things way to much but Gerrard getting injured wasn't part of the plan.

Just sold Ozil and Giroud for Barkley and Aguero. No points hit.

Intend on bringing Ozil back in with January wild card.

Aguero is a good candidate for captain over the next few weeks while Suarez has a tough run of games.

[...]with Ramsey rested for the weekend[...]
    [...]The logic being that Ramsey has had his rest[...]

Is this reverse psychology :p or you have some information ?

Is this reverse psychology :p or you have some information ?

Haha I mean that he had his rest last night before the weekend so is presumably in line to feature prominently over the next few GWs including this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Didn't realise you had 2 FT's, Redmond is good, if you feel like a gamble then Ireland at 4.6 was good from the small bits I've seen of him, I think he'll start to get his place and expect Stoke to have a bit of a run of form.

They have relatively decent fixtures till the end of Jan (but the easier ones are away from home so not ideal if you're rotating him in)

Hull City (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Tottenham (A)
    Everton (H)
    Liverpool (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Sunderland (A)
    I also think ireland is a good shout. He was in the team and then picked up a knock and took a few weeks to get back in as adam came in and scored. Hughes obviously rates him and seems to know how to get the best out of him. Only problem is he wont be able to play against villa as he is on loan from them. He is on my watchlist for jan wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Need to get in some Chelsea cover and its between Oscar or Hazard. Dont trust Schürrle or Lampard to get enough mins with the busy x-mas period coming up.

Im kinda thinking Oscar as he's back from injury and only played 67mins on wed whereas Hazard has played the full 90 mins the last 4 games all in December. Anyone agree with this? or any views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Time to get silva back in, wont do it this week but with 1.3 in the bank it will be done next week. He's one of my favourite players and is a joy to watch play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I had 2 free transfers so sold Gerrard and Giroud for Ramsey and Rooney.

My squad now is ; Mignolet,Marshall
    Coleman, Mertesacker, Dawson, Ward, Clyne
    Ozil, Ramsey, Morrison, Barkley, Brady
    Saurez, Lukaku, Rooney

I have 0.8 in the bank and my wildcard as well. If I can get to January without a points hit then i'll be happy!

Want2know wrote: »
    Need to get in some Chelsea cover and its between Oscar or Hazard. Dont trust Schürrle or Lampard to get enough mins with the busy x-mas period coming up.

Im kinda thinking Oscar as he's back from injury and only played 67mins on wed whereas Hazard has played the full 90 mins the last 4 games all in December. Anyone agree with this? or any views

It's a tough one to call... Personnally you can add on top of it my hesitation of selling Yaya for one of these two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It's a tough one to call... Personnally you can add on top of it my hesitation of selling Yaya for one of these two...

Barring injury, Yaya will be one of the highest scoring midfielders in the game this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dawson out, for Ben Turner. Mig out for Krul earlier in week.

That's in for the GW.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Barring injury, Yaya will be one of the highest scoring midfielders in the game this season.

So would you sell Ozil for Hazard ? Or forget about Hazard or Oscar?

My midfield is Ramsey-Ozil-Yaya-Shelvey-Morrisson.
    The plan is to gradually get Ramsey-Ozil-Yaya/Silva-Oscar/Hazard (Morrisson).
    Can a chieve it in 3-4 weeks without hits. But Hazard is rising tonight and facing CP at home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can a chieve it in 3-4 weeks without hits. But Hazard is rising tonight and facing CP at home...

I really don't think Hazard is worth 1.0 or more than Oscar. Posted some stats about him earlier. He's scored 3 points or less in 9 out of his 15 games.
    Fair enough he has notched up some serious points in the other games, averaging 12 a game.
    While he's a hot & cold player, I think his hot patches so far are above the level that he'll return throughout the season.
    I'd fancy Oscar to be very close to him in points from now onwards, the 1.0+ could earn more elsewhere IMO

I'm cheapening up my defence/goalkeepers for a better midfield/strikers because of the favourable fixtures that cheaper defenders have and expensive defenders arent bringing in good returns.

I took an -8 point hit last week to do the following

Mignolet -> Gazzaniga
    Terry -> Gabbidon
    Ravel -> Hazard

I would have been 4 points better off if I didnt make any transfers but I think my team is much better for the changes for the next few GWs.

The week before that I got rid of Boruc for McGregor and this week I'll probably get rid of Clyne for B.Turner.

My midfield is now Hazard, Ozil, Ramsey & Yaya with Ward Prowse on the bench. Lukaku, Suarez & Aguero up top.

Whats the rest of your team? You might be able to do a calculated risk with points hits to get Hazard into that midfield instead of Ravel or Shelvey.

Lots of people taking lots of hits to get in cheap defenders in a total strategy change. Ive been advocating this for weeks but between one thing or another have never got around to it. Ive now decided to just wait till the january wildcard to implement this strategy change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lots of people taking lots of hits to get in cheap defenders in a total strategy change. Ive been advocating this for weeks but between one thing or another have never got around to it. Ive now decided to just wait till the january wildcard to implement this strategy change.

Why not just do it over the Xmas games? The games will come quick and fast and there are plenty of transfer opportunities.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm cheapening up my defence/goalkeepers for a better midfield/strikers because of the favourable fixtures that cheaper defenders have and expensive defenders arent bringing in good returns.

I took an -8 point hit last week to do the following

Mignolet -> Gazzaniga
    Terry -> Gabbidon
    Ravel -> Hazard

I would have been 4 points better off if I didnt make any transfers but I think my team is much better for the changes for the next few GWs.

The week before that I got rid of Boruc for McGregor and this week I'll probably get rid of Clyne for B.Turner.

My midfield is now Hazard, Ozil, Ramsey & Yaya with Ward Prowse on the bench. Lukaku, Suarez & Aguero up top.

Whats the rest of your team? You might be able to do a calculated risk with points hits to get Hazard into that midfield instead of Ravel or Shelvey.

My team is

Mig - Marshall
    Terry - Coleman - Dawson - Gabbidon - Vlaar
    Ramsey - Ozil - Yaya - Morrisson - Shelvey
    Suarez - Aguero - Lukaku

I haven't taken the hits like yourself partly because I'm leading my private league with a small margin and we all have similar looking teams. It may be stupid but I've been burnt before changing my (performing) team too quick...

Terry (obviously not this week), Mig and Vlaar (and possibly Dawson) are on the shopping board.
    Shelvey is here temporarily as a replacement for Brady and I'm hoping to make a £0.2m profit on him, which I'm close to.

If I do Terry -> Chester
    Mig -> £4.4m keeper
    I can get Hazard for Shelvey.
    8 pts hit. Like yourself.

Ah feck it. Hazard rose now. So I have time to think it over. I would have lost that £0.1m by selling Shelvey now anyway (same with Ozil and Yaya as a direct swap and getting them back in 2 or 3 GWs which was another strategy without points hits).

This situation is annoying. I feel that if I take Hazard in he's gonna be rested and if I don't he's gonna run riot...

Do not sell Yaya, Ramsey or Ozil for Hazard imo, you have the more consistent options already

Definitely look to get better value from that backline. Hazard is inconsistent alright but capable of big weeks more than most. Oscar is seen as the 'cheaper' more consistent Chelsea midfielder so maybe another week lining things up cant hurt you too much.

I think you could be getting better value for money than Mignolet & Terry. That was my starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Dont know weather to offload Townsend or not. Was brutal again for Spurs last night but has Liverpool coming up. Dont trust Liverpool away from home, specially without Gerrard.
    Might upgrade. Fer or Sissoko. Need to take a risk or two.
    9 of my 11 are a home this GW. Hoping for at least 65+

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why not just do it over the Xmas games? The games will come quick and fast and there are plenty of transfer opportunities.

Im happy to play dawson good fixtures. I want to keep Terry and will swap g johnson to distin. To get the money for a big 4th midfielder its going to take me 4/5 transfers I just think with the games coming thick and fast with increased chance of injuries and rotation I'd like to be more flexible with my transfers. My squad is in reasonable shape and am going to try and avoid hits till the wildcard.
    I do want to change to an all out attack strategy but just feel at this stage for me Im best waiting till my wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Im banking my transfer and going to do this next week for a 4 point hit,
    Terry to Vidic
    Kos or Coleman to Gab
    and Morrison to Cabaye
    worth it?
    would give me a starting team of:
    Krul
    Vidic Coleman/Kos Zab
    Hazard Yaya Ramsey Cabaye
    Lukaku Aguero Suarez

Raf32 wrote: »
    Im banking my transfer and going to do this next week for a 4 point hit,
    Terry to Vidic
    Kos or Coleman to Gab
    and Morrison to Cabaye
    worth it?
    would give me a starting team of:
    Krul
    Vidic Coleman/Kos Zab
    Hazard Yaya Ramsey Cabaye
    Lukaku Aguero Suarez

Dont do terry to vidic. Chelsea play the 26th and 29th utd play 26th and 28th. terry has a much greater chance of playing both games. Its very unlikely vidic will play 2 games in 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Settling on Kos & Gerrard > Distin & Oscar.

Leaves me with 8 players with home games starting this GW. One of those I'm unsure of. I've benched Mignolet for McGregor but it means I'm doubling up on Hull defense with Chester already included.

So my question does McGregor (home to Stoke) have better potential than Mignolet (away to Spurs)?

@Raf32

I can't see why would anyone take any Everton defence out of their side given their form and their run of fixtures?

Im happy to play dawson good fixtures. I want to keep Terry and will swap g johnson to distin. To get the money for a big 4th midfielder its going to take me 4/5 transfers I just think with the games coming thick and fast with increased chance of injuries and rotation I'd like to be more flexible with my transfers. My squad is in reasonable shape and am going to try and avoid hits till the wildcard.
    I do want to change to an all out attack strategy but just feel at this stage for me Im best waiting till my wildcard.

I'd prefer to hold onto Terry but he or Mertesacker need to go and Arsenal are the better defence at the minute. I have 2.4 mil banked but need 1.7 to get Silva. I could get it from going Mert to Chester also but I can't justify keeping Terry at the minute.

Chelsea under Mourinho is not working like I expected. I thought the clean sheets would be rolling in. Luiz is coming back also so I can see some potential rotation over Xmas for Terry. He's not getting any younger.

A defence even where Cahill is rotated and he plays central defence with Luiz doesn't inspire me with confidence either.

My team have been going well and patience has worked for me so I'm also holding back from the hits.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to hold onto Terry but he or Mertesacker need to go and Arsenal are the better defence at the minute. I have 2.4 mil banked but need 1.7 to get Silva. I could get it from going Mert to Chester also but I can't justify keeping Terry at the minute.

Chelsea under Mourinho is not working like I expected. I thought the clean sheets would be rolling in. Luiz is coming back also so I can see some potential rotation over Xmas for Terry. He's not getting any younger.

A defence even where Cahill is rotated and he plays central defence with Luiz doesn't inspire me with confidence either.

My team have been going well and patience has worked for me so I'm also holding back from the hits.
    Ye terry isnt justifying his price at the moment and its something I'll look at in the wildcard. Its the lack of a good defensive midfielder that is causing chelsea problems plus their inability to defend set pieces( however I do expect them to sort that problem out)

Ye terry isnt justifying his price at the moment and its something I'll look at in the wildcard. Its the lack of a good defensive midfielder that is causing chelsea problems plus their inability to defend set pieces( however I do expect them to sort that problem out)

I can't see why Mourinho won't stick Luiz into a defensive midfielder role. He still has Cahill and Terry with Ivanovic as cover.

I can't see why Mourinho won't stick Luiz into a defensive midfielder role. He still has Cahill and Terry with Ivanovic as cover.

It makes total sense to me. Maybe because that was rafa's idea.

Thinking of ditching Shane Long for Chamakh. He strikes me as the kind of player that goes on goal scoring runs as long as he has confidence from the manager. While I don't expect much of a return from the chelsea game, he should be alright after that. As well as that he could be an interesting differential.

I'll probably swap out El Ahmadi for Oviedo as well.

football1312.jpg

I have 2 transfers and .3mn to play around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

long and ozil to lukaku, silva?? if you can afford it

Can't afford it. Very hesitant of dropping Ozil as I wouldn't be able to buy him back. As soon as Walcott and Podolski are back in the team, I expect his assists to skyrocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Who are people choosing for captain this wkd?

Everton tend to score lots @ home, yet Fulham are going through a revival.

Swaying away from Suarez captain ??

Suggestions for capt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Suggestions for capt?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87982517#post87982517

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Suggestions for capt?

Suggest you go to gameweek captain poll

Ignoring my midfield problem for a second is keeping Rooney over Lukaku a bit of a mistake?

With Aguero and Suarez it'd really be more about keeping pace and there's no gamble there at all but if Lukaku runs riot he could sink me over xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

any views on will Schürrlen start?

• Advertisement

Ignoring my midfield problem for a second is keeping Rooney over Lukaku a bit of a mistake?

With Aguero and Suarez it'd really be more about keeping pace and there's no gamble there at all but if Lukaku runs riot he could sink me over xmas.

Hindsight is your only answer there my friend. What if you get rid of Rooney and he runs riot?

To be honest, I'd expect Rooney to outscore Lukaku. That said, I don't expect him to outscore Lukaku in a manner where he justifies being 3 million extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Van Persie out for a month according to SSN.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Van Persie out for a month according to SSN.

Well I guess I'm keeping Rooney then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rooney is more likely to be rotation proof now.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Mignolet

Coleman
    Cahill
    Chester

Hazard
    Ramsey
    YaYa
    Morrison

Aguero
    Suarez
    Lukaku

Subs: Davis | Koscielny | Clyne | Januzaj

Can anyone convince me not to double up on everton defense with Tim Howard? (zero transfers made this GW)
    Everton next fixtures can provide tasty clean sheets:
    Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Norwich (H)
    WBA (A)

On the other hand, Mignolet has been awful and is away to spurs and after cardiff (H) will play city and chelsea (both away)

Opinions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hindsight is your only answer there my friend. What if you get rid of Rooney and he runs riot?

To be honest, I'd expect Rooney to outscore Lukaku. That said, I don't expect him to outscore Lukaku in a manner where he justifies being 3 million extra.

Exact same conundrun, and thankfully resolved a few posts below the above. :D

Might put the armband back on him and everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cahill out injured??

Ss92h0t.png

APaf8Jf.png

HlioUdc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well I guess I'm keeping Rooney then :pac:

Result & a half!!

So, since Cahill went off and made sure he wouldn't start against CP..

A 4 point hit was necessary. Cahill OUT, Jonny Evans IN

United have great fixtures over Christmas :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement