Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Result & a half!!
    Kagawa an option now .......? Had been building towards Silva but United's fixtures .....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

km79 wrote: »
    Kagawa an option now .......? Had been building towards Silva but United's fixtures .....?
    I was thinking more about Chico.

BNMC wrote: »
    I was thinking more about Chico.
    May as well wait and see how they line out but I'd expect more of kagawa in number 10 role. Rooney is enjoying being the main striker up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Mignolet and Zab out, Marshall and Chester in. Had 2 transfers and will let me upgrade some part of Brady/Januzaj/Mirallas over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Danger781 wrote: »
    So, since Cahill went off and made sure he wouldn't start against CP..

A 4 point hit was necessary. Cahill OUT, Jonny Evans IN

United have great fixtures over Christmas :)

Last defence I'd be getting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ignoring my midfield problem for a second is keeping Rooney over Lukaku a bit of a mistake?

With Aguero and Suarez it'd really be more about keeping pace and there's no gamble there at all but if Lukaku runs riot he could sink me over xmas.

I sold rooney for lukaku to bolster my midfield. I regret it now and feel it was a knee jerk reaction after a bad week with rooney being suspended. It's a real 50/50 call imo. Lukaku is hit and miss, he can look awful at times., but everton have great fixtures. United's fixtures are decent too, but rvp decreases rooney's appeal. I'm going around in circles here, basically it's a flip of a coin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hindsight is your only answer there my friend. What if you get rid of Rooney and he runs riot?

To be honest, I'd expect Rooney to outscore Lukaku. That said, I don't expect him to outscore Lukaku in a manner where he justifies being 3 million extra.

This. The reason I planned on keeping rooney was because I couldn't see if the extra 3m being of too much value elsewhere. But with hazard, ozil and yaya in midfield, that's changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

And I've still made no transfers :pac: ....at this point I should probably just do nothing but one of Oscar or Silva should really come in for Gerrard.

• Advertisement

Do ye think krul will outperform szecnzey by 4 points over the next 4\5 game weeks.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have the exact same issue. Not sure I can justify the extra cost for Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

RVP out Rooney in

Play dawson or ward prowse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Was asking the same question yesterday. I've decided to go with Oscar as:

1. He's cheaper
    2. Less likely to be rotated over x-mas
    3. As likely to score the same if not more than hazard over next few games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

km79 wrote: »

I wouldn't be touching Kagawa. RVP has been out a while all ready and Kagawa hasn't done a tap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Finally completed my Clyne to Ben Turner transfer to leave 0.5m in the bank. Hopefully no scares between now and the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Who's the best option to replace Gerrard? Like was said above, is Hazard justified in being much dearer than Oscar? Toure even?

Also getting rid of Cabaye too, Fer seems to be a good option. Thoughts?

I have a few options:

2cnfm9t.jpg

1: Sell Gerrard for Silva

2: Sell Gerrard for Oscar

3: Sell Gerrard + Ozil for Oscar + Silva (-4)

4: Sell Gerrard, Ramsey + Williams for Oscar, Silva + Chester (-8)

5: Do nothing

Ideally I'd do 4 but with the FSA cup hits aren't really all that appealing so I'm torn between the rest. I'm not sure I trust Oscar and I'm not sure Silva will start this week and the fact I haven't pulled the trigger on anything tells me to leave it alone and trust Howson and Ravel and go nuts next week.

I have a few options:

Ideally I'd do 4 but with the FSA cup hits aren't really all that appealing so I'm torn between the rest. I'm not sure I trust Oscar and I'm not sure Silva will start this week and the fact I haven't pulled the trigger on anything tells me to leave it alone and trust Howson and Ravel and go nuts next week.

Why the Silva love?

Gerrard for Oscar imo

Hold onto Ramsay & Ozil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I reckon Ramsey and Ozil will be must haves for the whole season along with Coleman.

Why the Silva love?

I guess it's just a bit of a differential punt, City buoyed by their win over Munich where Silva was key. Showing his cobwebs were non existent. I'm happy to wait a week but City could rip into a tired Arsenal who were nervous the last time they came to Manchester against United, think how they might feel against free-scoring City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Why the Silva love?

If and when silva gets back into the team, with city so attacking I think he can clean up FPL wise, great differential ATM, and will rise like frig once he hits a big score.

I went ahead with getting him in for Gerrard, I know there's a risk that he may not start, but he was instrumental against Munich and my gut it that he'll play a significant role and probably start as this is a key game for City.

I'd prefer silva over Yaya, could have afforded either.

Line up predictions on Total FPL, fantasyfootballgeek and FFS scout all predict him to start, I know that's just somebody else's guess, which is as good as yours or mine, but it's encouraging seeing as I took the punt on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silva is a gem. A top quality player and very valuable in fantasy football as he's an assist machine. He was a great little differential for me from the start of October up until after the Norwich game when he got injured. There's no way I'll be able to work him into my team now, but when the January wildcard comes in I'd love my main three in midfield to be Hazard, Silva and Ramsey.

Gerrard out Silva in. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Should I start Ramsey or Whittingham/Zabaleta? Advice please??

My final choice is whether to start Howson or Ravel seeing as benching Ramsey would be almost masochistic :pac:

I'll bench Ramsey if you do. Although considering you're still in the top 100 and I'm inside the top 130k I take no responsibility :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My final choice is whether to start Howson or Ravel seeing as benching Ramsey would be almost masochistic :pac:

In the same shoes meself - with choice between Ramsey, Morrison and Oviedo:confused:
    Morrison and Oviedo with nice games at home while Ramsey is Ramsey...

Ramsey. All day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

FHFC wrote: »
    Last defence I'd be getting tbh.

Ah well sure we all know by now I like being different :pac:

I guess it's just a bit of a differential punt, City buoyed by their win over Munich where Silva was key. Showing his cobwebs were non existent. I'm happy to wait a week but City could rip into a tired Arsenal who were nervous the last time they came to Manchester against United, think how they might feel against free-scoring City.
    FHFC wrote: »
    If and when silva gets back into the team, with city so attacking I think he can clean up FPL wise, great differential ATM, and will rise like frig once he hits a big score.

I went ahead with getting him in for Gerrard, I know there's a risk that he may not start, but he was instrumental against Munich and my gut it that he'll play a significant role and probably start as this is a key game for City.

I'd prefer silva over Yaya, could have afforded either.

Line up predictions on Total FPL, fantasyfootballgeek and FFS scout all predict him to start, I know that's just somebody else's guess, which is as good as yours or mine, but it's encouraging seeing as I took the punt on Wednesday.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Silva is a gem. A top quality player and very valuable in fantasy football as he's an assist machine. He was a great little differential for me from the start of October up until after the Norwich game when he got injured. There's no way I'll be able to work him into my team now, but when the January wildcard comes in I'd love my main three in midfield to be Hazard, Silva and Ramsey.

Cheers fellas. Just assessing all my options in MF. I've built up enough of a pot to get Ramsey in when tough fixtures are over. With Ozil delivering I might step away from Ramsey and get someone else i.e Silva / Toure etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hands up who took a 4 point hit to transfer Mig out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hands up who took a 4 point hit to transfer Mig out?

I thought you were in it for the long haul with me, hopefully that clean sheet will halt his slide

PARlance wrote: »
    I thought you were in it for the long haul with me, hopefully that clean sheet will halt his slide

I was. If you remember I was the one telling people there was no rush to get rid of Mig and that Spurs are brutal at shooting so he had every chance of a clean sheet.

I'm just wondering how many people took the hit in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was. If you remember I was the one telling people there was no rush to get rid of Mig and that Spurs are brutal at shooting so he had every chance of a clean sheet.

I'm just wondering how many people took the hit in the end.

Ah, thought you had a last minute change of heart. Didn't realise it was a gloating post :);)
    Well done us!

Quite a few did him to S.... the Arsenal keeper, ouch.

He's great value at 5.5 now :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Ah, thought you had a last minute change of heart. Didn't realise it was a gloating post :);)
    Well done us!

Quite a few did him to S.... the Arsenal keeper, ouch.

He's great value at 5.5 now :)

I might transfer him out after the Cardiff game. Liverpool have Chelsea and City away so not much potential there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Utter disaster of a gw on 70-16 point hit. The hit paid for itself so if I hadn't taken it, I'd now be facing GW17 with Kos, Gerrard, Dawson and Aguero out, plus (possibly) Bannan and (certainly) Brady now rotation threats (Bannan annoys me - his stats are absolutely superb, but just not getting the pay off he deserves right now).

I have to remember that I won't get a run of injuries/suspensions like that again this year. Tough to take but that's FPL.

So I just have Aguero to worry about this week. Rooney is my target. I know others will need to take hits this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Utter disaster of a gw on 70-16 point hit. The hit paid for itself so if I hadn't taken it, I'd now be facing GW17 with Kos, Gerrard, Dawson and Aguero out, plus (possibly) Bannan and (certainly) Brady now rotation threats (Bannan annoys me - his stats are absolutely superb, but just not getting the pay off he deserves right now).

I have to remember that I won't get a run of injuries/suspensions like that again this year. Tough to take but that's FPL.

So I just have Aguero to worry about this week. Rooney is my target. I know others will need to take hits this week.

Strangely Bannan as an FPL player reminds me of Puncheon from last year, couldn't figure out what the manager can't see in him, Pulis seems to prefer Puncheon this year but he's a bit pricier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »

How are you getting on this year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    How are you getting on this year?

I was 49k, 110k after the weekend. So-so.

Despite my captain fail, i'm up to 165k from 228k the previous GW. 5th week of green arrows

Advertisement