Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Newcastle

14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Enjoy your chants of 'This is how it feels to be City' ... sung n a more ironic fashion I Imagine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

classy stuff pool fan

Wah wah wah.

I was having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

zerks wrote: »
    Expect the hordes of Scousers in 5...4....3...

On an irish forum, not likely!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Not quite sure that "this" is the moment we've been waiting. And I don't think a "moment" would suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thread is a disgrace. You always see the worst of this forum when United lose.

rustled-my-jimmies-u-rustled.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

gosplan wrote: »
    In fairness after 20 years of chanting 'we're man Utd, we'll do what we want' ...

20 years eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Which way now for united - buy their way out of trouble like man city and chelsea, go into the midtable like liverpool or try to stick with the manager and hope it comes right eventually like arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I think if we can get our act together we can push on and challenge for that final champions europa league place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

and the mods not doing any modding. I've stopped reporting posts in here because absolutely nothing was being done

That's not what my email inbox is saying.
    I'm on the go and modding on the move is tough work. Have a bit of patience.

For everyone else, there will be a clean up and cards later so ye might want to think about what yer posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

and the mods not doing any modding. I've stopped reporting posts in here because absolutely nothing was being done

Course you have.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

In all seriousness, piss taking is part of being a fan and part of being a member here.. Take it and give it lads.

It's when it gets personal is when lines are crossed and mods should step in.

So many people taking delight in your bad run is like back handed compliment.

I think Moyes needs to be got rid of fast tbh. So many problems and Moyes doesn't seem to have a clue how to answer them. It looks to me performances are getting worse rather then better.

You were unlucky Wednesday. But not today. We fully deserved that win. Magnificent to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Trilla wrote: »
    it will never beat your reaction in the Aviva mate

:D

Yeah cas you'd deplete your squad that much and get enough funds to replace them all in the Jan window

I would be of the mind that having them in the team is more detrimental than not.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »
    Most of it is harmless. Utd fans are well able to give it when things go their way so you must expect to get some back.

Agree, the double standards annoy me.

Kind of enjoy the obsession of some people out there. The way things are going, things will calm down with defeats being run of the mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So much butthurt. Come on baldy, take your scolding. You had no problem being smug when you hopped on the bandwagon back in the day.

Moyes is due a contract extension, a long one. Roll on next week when the circus continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lol at the ManU fans. Telling teacher because they don't like a ribbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Open enough game which could have gone either way. Says it all about Moyes' desperation when he starts a clearly not up to it RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Agree, the double standards annoy me.

Kind of enjoy the obsession of some people out there. The way things are going, things will calm down with defeats being run of the mill.

When people stop enjoying Utd getting beat that's when things are really bad for utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Jesus lads, the sensitivity in here is unreal. The banter among fans after a result, giving or taking, be it here, in the pub, or in work is one of the things I love about football.

I remember as a kid, My mood on a Monday morning was completely dictated by the weekends results, being either delighted and ready to slag, or embarrassed and ready to hide. Shame to see people become so sensitive over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »
    When people stop enjoying Utd getting beat that's when things are really bad for utd.

Yep, so please keep it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Good game. Utd are poor as they have been all season. Arsenal being the only highlight. As a Newcastle fan I'm absolutely delighted. Couldn't give a damn who slags utd on this thread. One thing is take the beating when it comes don't go crying to the mods. Take the slagging as quick as you dish it out.
    Wouldn't have like to see ye at school if ur team was beat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Liamalone wrote: »

All in all, a very poor game to watch, neither side deserved all three points really.

Give over. We were the away team. We scored, you didn't. We deserved to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Which way now for united - buy their way out of trouble like man city and chelsea, go into the midtable like liverpool or try to stick with the manager and hope it comes right eventually like arsenal?

Stick with Moyes and give him a chance to build a team. We are only 2/3 players from being a very good team imo. 2 good midfielders and a left back should see a huge change in the team.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It's a dark dark day for football.....When fans cant take a bit of slagging. Harden the fuck up TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Newcastle fans. Ye took yer chance.

Cant complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Worst performance I've ever seen from United Id say.

I didnt want to be right when I posted in this thread at the start of the day but sigh.

Any United fan who tries to defend any of Cleverley, Jones, Evra or Nani after that needs to be castrated. They shouldn't be allowed breed, passing on stupidity of that level is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Very good united line up and with rvp back I can't see anything other than a united win.

3 - 0
    I'm going for 3-1 United, hopefully with Nani or Hernandez being the first goalscorer for monetary reasons.
    Trilla wrote: »
    United to win, 3-1

goodfellas-laughing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Worst performance I've ever seen from United Id say.

I didnt want to be right when I posted in this thread at the start of the day but sigh.

Any United fan who tries to defend any of Cleverley, Jones, Evra or Nani after that needs to be castrated. They shouldn't be allowed breed, passing on stupidity of that level is dangerous.

Probably because I am a Blackburn fan, but I think Jones could be left out of that, He is a centre back.

He did well for Blackburn in central midfield, but that was easy compared to trying to make a difference to a United midfield or lack thereof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Very poor result. Well done Newcastle coming and getting the 3 points. I think that its time moyes went . He clearly can't cope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Give over. We were the away team. We scored, you didn't. We deserved to win.

lol I'm not a United fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some things United fans are not used to hearing,

"We needed a bit of luck"

and in relation to the back to back home game defeats

"It has happened, we have to expect that here"

Paraphrasing but words to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Wee club from the north east

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

zerks wrote: »
    Another record gone at OT,Newcastle win for first time in 41 years and United lose back to back games at home in the EPL.

Moyes with a record breaking season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Away tickets at OT are going to be worth a lot of money this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What a win.

13864274427816.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Stolen from elsewhere
    newcastle will do well in the World Cup if they maintain this form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

CptMackey wrote: »
    Very poor result. Well done Newcastle coming and getting the 3 points. I think that its time moyes went . He clearly can't cope

You can't really be serious can you? what about the 5-0 in the champions league game, he coped alright that night.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

You can't really be serious can you? what about the 5-0 in the champions league game, he coped alright that night.:confused:

Leverkusen are ****e IMO .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

kona wrote: »
    Leverkusen are ****e IMO .

2nd in the bundesliga, ahead of Dortmund, and beating Dortmund right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm serious. He is out of his dept. talking about transition and luck. Rubbish . He is only going to do more damage to the team. He would be better of managing a team with Zero expectations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ician wrote: »
    2nd in the bundesliga, ahead of Dortmund, and beating Dortmund right now.
    Blah blah blah

I'm watching it, Dortmund down players too.

Bayern fingered Dortmund a few weeks ago. Leverkusen sucked against us at ot and even worse when we played them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Have Newcastle scored yet?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

ush wrote: »
    Been here for the last half hour

was there for the first half hour too ;)

I always said the appointment of Moyes was a win win, the demise of utd and everton at the same time. Funny thing is that Everton have improved and Moyes has brought utd down further than anyone ever dreamed of.

Fergusons ego is going to cost utd long term, the proper successor was Mourhino only ferguson did not want to be upstaged.

I hope Ferguson and the board give Moyes loads of time, because the implosion is entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That lineswoman Sian Massey deserves bit of credit in general.

Usually get the decisions bang on. Better then lot of the Men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Yeah. I'd give her credit.

Advertisement