Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora refund

Options
  • 07-12-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

• Bought Pandora item
    • learn that gift receiver already has item 2 days before I plan to give it
    • tried to return; store wouldn't refund
    • down €90, no money for another gift, stuck with a €90 piece of string that's useless to me.

What can I do? I have about €5 left + 2 days to find something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I got a pandorra bracelet as a gift from my husband. It was too big for me so went exchange it for a smaller one in my local store. My local store wouldn't exchange it as I didn't have a receipt and also it had been bought in the kildare outlet village. The person that purchased the bracelet had explained it was a gift and that we lived a 4 hour drive away from the store. The assistant had said the bracelet could be returned, we'd just have to send it by registered post or with a courier company.
    After attempting to exchange it locally, I contacted the store where it was purchased, they then told me they would not accept it back by a courier company or registered delivery. I had offered to pay for them to return it to me but to no avail.
    So I now have a bracelet with 6 charms that are no good to me. The bracelet and charms were all bought in the same store on the same day.
    What can I do. I wont be near that part of the country until April.

Sorry fo hijacking the thread original poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

In both cases Pandora do not have to offer you a refund or and exchange. As the item is not faulty there is no legal need for Pandora to offer you a refund. In both cases, your returns fall under the heading of change of mind and the shops do not have to offer a refund for a change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from Fashion and Appearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

As said already, it's a change of mind. The company does not have to refund as nothing is wrong with the product. Most companies will allow you to return it for a refund or store credit or in exchange but they do so out of goodwill. Try ringing and asking again but if they refuse there is nothing you can do legally. Best thing then is to vote with your wallet and never shop there again if you feel unsatisfied with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

As above, there's no obligation for a refund. Did you try to exchange for new charms?
    I know it's not ideal, but Pandora is always popular this time of year, if you're willing to go to the hassle, I'm sure you could resell for near the original value, especially if you still have the original packaging.
    I got a pandorra bracelet as a gift from my husband. It was too big for me so went exchange it for a smaller one in my local store. My local store wouldn't exchange it as I didn't have a receipt and also it had been bought in the kildare outlet village. The person that purchased the bracelet had explained it was a gift and that we lived a 4 hour drive away from the store. The assistant had said the bracelet could be returned, we'd just have to send it by registered post or with a courier company.
    After attempting to exchange it locally, I contacted the store where it was purchased, they then told me they would not accept it back by a courier company or registered delivery. I had offered to pay for them to return it to me but to no avail.
    So I now have a bracelet with 6 charms that are no good to me. The bracelet and charms were all bought in the same store on the same day.

Pandora do offer shortening services. They charge for the privilege though.

• Advertisement

Thank u so much for that kc90. I don't mind paying to get it shortened. I will go into my local store and find out about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

james142 wrote: »
    • Bought Pandora item
    • learn that gift receiver already has item 2 days before I plan to give it
    • tried to return; store wouldn't refund
    • down €90, no money for another gift, stuck with a €90 piece of string that's useless to me.

What can I do? I have about €5 left + 2 days to find something else.

You have no rights to a refund. Either go and see if they can swap it for a different one or try and sell it. Adverts.ie is great for this kind of thing.

If the kildare outlet will let you exchange it, do so. But you have no legal right to it and the other branches probably wont touch it.

I learnt a long time ago, for any hope, its the approach you use.

Go in, ask for the manager and see if they can do something for you. Ask politely, point out you're in trouble with the wife etc, etc, be humble. If you can get them "onside", you may get somewhere. DO NOT go in arrogant, quoting imaginary rights - believe me, it happens !

Just an update. I went yo Pandorra in Derry 2day. They changed my bracelet to a smaller 1 2day. So an very pleased this evening

Advertisement