Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package stock in customa , lost or delayed?

Options
  • 07-12-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I ordered a volcano inferno from volcanoecigs from the uk on the 24th using royal mail second class. I was tracking it online but it stopped updating on the 2nd of December and it's starting to worry me. This is the last thing the tracking has sent

12/2/2013 7:06 PM Sweden Post, Direct Link, United Kingdom The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad
    I'm not looking for answers just advice or anyone who has shared similar experiences.
    Would anyone know whats happening?

P.S. I asked CS on volcano and they said this

"Apologies but it was delayed by the shipper over the weekend.

The package was sent from the UK by Direct Line (Swedish Post) to go to your national post service for final delivery. The 'track and trace' website is at http://www.track-trace.com/post. If you go there input your tracking number, which for this parcel is RR197914810SE then click 'Track with Options'. If the information you need does not show then select your country under the 'Select Country' tab to be able to track its progress.

Your package is on the way but annoyingly seems to be still awaiting customs clearance before being passed to the Irish Postal Service"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I've had a few packages seemingly delayed this end recently. The tracking gets stuck when I leaves the origin country.

On moment has one occasion they arrived before An Post tracking picked it up.

The last one from Spain was stuck on the outward tracking for 5 days. It arrived the same morning that it showed up on An Post.

I wouldn't be panicking just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gobbledy

Still no sign and no responses from An Post or Sweden post, anyone else have similar experiences?

Gobbledy wrote: »
    Still no sign and no responses from An Post or Sweden post, anyone else have similar experiences?

Tracking from Sweden showing anything at all?

Ionised wrote: »
    Tracking from Sweden showing anything at all?

Unfortunately no, hasn't changed at all.
    On the website they said it would be posted using Royal Mail, unsure as to why its with Sweden Post. :(

http://www.posten.se/en/Pages/Track-and-trace.aspx?view=item&itemid=RR197914810SE0RR197914810SE

Unfortunately no, hasn't changed at all.
    On the website they said it would be posted using Royal Mail, unsure as to why its with Sweden Post. :(

http://www.posten.se/en/Pages/Track-and-trace.aspx?view=item&itemid=RR197914810SE0RR197914810SE

From the dates it's only 7 days since it left Sweden and I have noticed things are a bit slow already.
    Certainly if there is no sign Wednesday then contact the sender for them to follow up.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's true, I'm confused is it traveling from Sweden to the UK then to Ireland? I mentioned in my email to the sellers that post from the UK to Ireland is never more than 3 days and they never said it was coming from Sweden just that they would be using royal mail. It would make sense if that was the case considering its always busy this time of year! Thanks again for your help man!

I had two registered parcels take over a week to get here from UK recently.

That's from the time of dispatch or when it's been in transit?

That's from the time of dispatch or when it's been in transit?

From when I got a tracking number

Yeah I got mine on the 25th, just seems rather odd.

• Advertisement

My rule of thumb is to give 10 clear working days before I really start to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When mail is sent from the UK, unless there's space to hold it it can be sent on a trip around Europe on whatever planes fit their (the post office's) time-schedule.

I had an order of mesh and wire make it's way from the UK to France, Belgium and Germany then to Ireland over the course of a three day trip - depends on if the gods are with you it seems.
    Had an Xmas gift last year get sent from the UK to Germany to Ireland as well. Was crapping myself as I'd paid for the 2 day delivery option, made it just on time in the end.

My rule of thumb is to give 10 clear working days before I really start to worry.

Guess I should be worrying then it's been 10 since dispatch :s Neither of the posts services or Volvano are replying to my messages, looks rather grim.

Guess I should be worrying then it's been 10 since dispatch :s Neither of the posts services or Volvano are replying to my messages, looks rather grim.

We'll all send a prayer to St Anthony (who I am informed is the Saint of lost things) :-)

We'll all send a prayer to St Anthony (who I am informed is the Saint of lost things) :-)

Haha thank you, let's hope he finds the bloody thing! Nicotine cravings are making me crazy

grindle wrote: »
    When mail is sent from the UK, unless there's space to hold it it can be sent on a trip around Europe on whatever planes fit their (the post office's) time-schedule.

I had an order of mesh and wire make it's way from the UK to France, Belgium and Germany then to Ireland over the course of a three day trip - depends on if the gods are with you it seems.
    Had an Xmas gift last year get sent from the UK to Germany to Ireland as well. Was crapping myself as I'd paid for the 2 day delivery option, made it just on time in the end.

Jesus never heard of that happening before, I order a lot of my stuff online and all have been on time and the tracking has always been update. Except one time the company forgot to put the shoes I ordered into the box! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Haha thank you, let's hope he finds the bloody thing! Nicotine cravings are making me crazy

Jesus never heard of that happening before, I order a lot of my stuff online and all have been on time and the tracking has always been update. Except one time the company forgot to put the shoes I ordered into the box! :)

How did the box look on your feet? :D

dePeatrick wrote: »
    How did the box look on your feet? :D

Aw yeah got all them hunis in the club!

Ya know Gobbedly, I have not a clue what that means, just got an image of you running around in a pair of shoe boxes.......probably says much more about me than it says about you tbh......now where did I put my shoos....no shoes....no if it was my OH it would be "Where did you put my Jimmy Choos" Aaaaaaargh.......:P

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Ya know Gobbedly, I have not a clue what that means, just got an image of you running around in a pair of shoe boxes.......probably says much more about me than it says about you tbh......now where did I put my shoos....no shoes....no if it was my OH it would be "Where did you put my Jimmy Choos" Aaaaaaargh.......:P

Hahaha, I can now only hope I won't be smoking a box and wearing my box shoes😔:(

Hahaha, I can now only hope I won't be smoking a box and wearing my box shoes😔:(
    As long as you are not wearing a box there is nothing to worry about, mind, when we are in a box there is not a whole lot to worry about either.....win win...,He he heeeee......

• Advertisement

Sh¡te craic still haven't received the package and no update online :'(

Advertisement