Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of social media 'consultants' nowadays

Options
  • 07-12-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I want to set up a new facebuke/twitter/instagram for my business (pub/restaurant) and was thinking of getting a PR/marketing/media type person to do it. How much do these guys charge for the initial set up or whatever. Ballpark. I wont bother if it's too much

Sorry if this doesn't belong here
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

First of all be wary of anyone calling themselves as "consultants".

It can be very difficult to hire a good SEO / marketing person. They need the right mix of creativity, technical ability, common sense and need to be reliable.

Some will be great talking on the phone and giving snazzy presentations but these can often produce cr@p work or can be just plain unreliable.

Other times, you will have people who will be totally unconvincing over the
    phone but their work can sometimes be dynamite.

Probably the best way, is too look at their past work and stay clear from anyone who looks like their working off a template strategy for each client.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

most firms in your position would hire a jobbridge applicant for such work. initial setup is very easy, its the constant updating etc that consumes resources, you could set it up a few social network pages yourself no bother. what CMS do u use for your website, if you hav one, btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Claxton0123

Yes, it will be good if you do yourself, it is easy if you don't have time, you can hire VA to do this instead of looking for experts...... they are not expert, they are newer than you in reality and not going to help much.

Advertisement