Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Must Haves

• 07-12-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I'd like to buy my best friend a couple of 'must have' items for Christmas. My budget is €40 and I'd ideally like to be able to get two items. I'm open to all suggestions be it for skin, hair, body, make-up, just not perfume. A nice eye cream would be welcomed as she has recently mentioned that she's getting older looking around that area (age: 23!).
    Thanks heaps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,656 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Clarins had and nail cream is gorgeous, very good stuff , and a very acceptable gift in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,656 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Clarins hand and nail cream is gorgeous, very good stuff , and a very acceptable gift in my book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'd second Clarins products, their Beauty balms and cleansers are lovely.

Debenhams have 15% off all beauty at the moment ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Dont skip boots either they have 3 for the price of 2 offers on at the moment,i would focus on skincare if i were you as she is worried about the ageing around the eyes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dont skip boots either they have 3 for the price of 2 offers on at the moment,i would focus on skincare if i were you as she is worried about the ageing around the eyes..

The Botanics range from Boots have a great selection of skincare products at very affordable prices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour creme is amazing I think, especially around this time of year when the weather is so harsh on skin.

The Botanics range from Boots have a great selection of skincare products at very affordable prices

I have the botanics facial oil,its absolutely brilliant - usually i get a set of botanics as an extra on top of the xmas gifts in january when the big sale is on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Boots have brilliant 3 for 2s. There's big Soap and Glory sets for around €20, No.7 skin care set for about the same. Soap and Glory's Wish Upon a Jar cream is supposed to be brilliant, that's €20 or Naked Palette 1 and 2 are reduced to €23ish in Debenhams, I couldn't live without mine.
    Perfume is pretty pricey and quite personal but there's some nice small bottles in the body shop for €20ish, personally I love Moroccan Rose but everybody's different.

Personally I'd probably go for the big Soap and Glory set (it has the righteous butter, scrub of your life, Clean on me, a hair turban, hand food, heel genius and a shower puff ball thing) and a Naked Palette!

Saw the urban decay sets falling out the door in debenhams today with the sale on,not sure if they will last,i got ud naked 1,but dont have 2 and was thinking of getting it,i wonder will they have it by wed/thurs??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream is amazing, but around the €30 mark, then if you had the spare tenner maybe a body lotion from the Body Shop?

• Advertisement

Saw the urban decay sets falling out the door in debenhams today with the sale on,not sure if they will last,i got ud naked 1,but dont have 2 and was thinking of getting it,i wonder will they have it by wed/thurs??:(

I'd reckon they were well prepared to be swarmed so I'd say they've a big stock, it'd be such a waste of money for them to advertise it then have none in stock.
    Fingers crossed for you!!

You were right, all out of Naked 2 in Debenhans in town :(
    I got Naked 3 though eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I know its not really beauty. But Carmex is a must in Dublin with harsh cold winter winds. The plain one is the best and its doesnt leave that nasty oily vaseline mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

indeed labs eyesilix for eyes and 8 hour cream (brill for everything) or a facial oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Thanks for all replies, I went for a mask that I remembered her talking about a while ago, it was €30 so will prob add in a nice candle too.

Advertisement