Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.Ed 1 - Maths Ed Christmas Exam

Options
  • 07-12-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm just wondering if any present 2nd years in B.ed can shed some light on what kind of questions come up for the maths Christmas exam in first year and what areas should be focused on the most? We got 4 sample questions but I'm still a bit worried about what kind of format the exam will take.. I'm struggling trying to figure out what should be learnt and what can be left out :P Thanks very much for any help in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have a look in the library on Monday morning. They should have previous years' exam-papers in there somewhere. Possibly in 4 Hour Loans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

There should be a folder on the LAN with past exam papers.

However, as far as I recall Maths Ed exams were never made available afterwards because they were usually short answer questions/MCQs. Those type of exams won't be found either in the library on the LAN.

I wonder if the LAN is still in use?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheUkeLearner

Hi, I'm just wondering if any present 2nd years in B.ed can shed some light on what kind of questions come up for the maths Christmas exam in first year and what areas should be focused on the most? We got 4 sample questions but I'm still a bit worried about what kind of format the exam will take.. I'm struggling trying to figure out what should be learnt and what can be left out :P Thanks very much for any help in advance :)

What I would say is know the different strategies and the activities ye did in tutorials are really important! Also make sure you can do the maths yerselves!

Advertisement