Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

BordorFox wrote: »
    for the tags mission

http://api.bf4stats.com/api/playerInfo?plat=ps4&name=bordorfox&output=js

go down list to dogtagsTaken: Number

Cheers for that border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Cheers for that border

Seems to only update daily not hourly so expect a decent delay.

You can get a smaller output using lines like below.

http://api.bf4stats.com/api/playerInfo?plat=ps4&name=BordorFox&opt=stats&output=lines

Seems to only update daily not hourly so expect a decent delay.

You can get a smaller output using lines like below.

http://api.bf4stats.com/api/playerInfo?plat=ps4&name=BordorFox&opt=stats&output=lines

Thanks border, will run a few tests and see what it comes out with. Will let u know how I get on

Anyone interested in a Tag mission this weekend lads? I know its paddys weekend so some of ye might be away or 'incapacitated' to play ;-) Sure if we get enough numbers we can run one, otherwise next weekend when the hangovers have subsided :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Maybe a few could get online the Friday to do it if they really wanted to do the mission. I would be up for one anyway, before the Sunday that is! ;-) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Anyone interested in a Tag mission this weekend lads? I know its paddys weekend so some of ye might be away or 'incapacitated' to play ;-) Sure if we get enough numbers we can run one, otherwise next weekend when the hangovers have subsided :-)

I'll be working all weekend so just a quick question; is are we aiming for most tags taken in a single round or cumulative takings for the whole weekend?

I'll be working all weekend so just a quick question; is are we aiming for most tags taken in a single round or cumulative takings for the whole weekend?

Good question Paul! At the moment it would be total tags taken over the weekend during a set time period. There is no tag mission on battlelog at the moment so trying to figure a workaround. Tags taken per round will be a bit more work to calculate than over the whole weekend. But yeah, I think most tags taken in a round is the fairest.

At the moment only yourself and Keith have come back so I think will leave it for this weekend unless I hear from more. Also, calculating the tag count could be difficult with a hangover :-). Sure let's see what happens, I put a post up in the platoon aswell so will check and see what response came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Any1 having trouble connecting tonight? Got kicked half way through a game then couldn't connect again. Think it was a psn issue as was getting errors connecting to psn store also. Few mates were Unaffected but some were.. battlelog forums were full of people having issues connecting also

Good question Paul! At the moment it would be total tags taken over the weekend during a set time period. There is no tag mission on battlelog at the moment so trying to figure a workaround. Tags taken per round will be a bit more work to calculate than over the whole weekend. But yeah, I think most tags taken in a round is the fairest

To be honest, most tags over the whole weekend is a better idea. No need to sacrifice an entire round trying to get just knife kills, you're just a burden and detrimental to your team doing that. At least if it's over the whole weekend you can focus on the objectives and still pick up tags towards the competition.
    As you said yourself, extra work for you just trying to keep track of tags per round. The longer you have to spend counting the less time you can play the game

allybhoy wrote: »
    Any1 having trouble connecting tonight? Got kicked half way through a game then couldn't connect again. Think it was a psn issue as was getting errors connecting to psn store also. Few mates were Unaffected but some were.. battlelog forums were full of people having issues connecting also

Yeah i had some troubles last night like that. Specifically one server the lads were on (we played Lancang Dam map last as it was just ridiculous the lag issues last night, even for that map!). I got kicked from two games as well. I changed to another server and I had very minor issues, very little lag maybe a couple of times, for two games.
    But added to that i could not connect to Battlelog at all last night. I kept getting the "Failed to communicate with Battlelog" message.
    I just hope that I can get a few decent games in this weekend. Preferably with no lag at all but i know thats wishful thinking!

• Advertisement

Just a heads up, DICE are running a test server on the PS4 at the minute. Presumably to do with the upcoming patch regarding the 'netcode' issues. If anyone is on by themselves or anything, no harm joining that server. It'll help the game in the long run.

Screenshot_2014-03-14-11-57-38_zpsdeczopnr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HowyaNow147

PSN: HowyaNow147

anyone on this who hasnt added me add me, do be on most days and nights with rick aka "Spagitis" and a few others from this.

Also if anyone has a good video downloader for chrome let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

yup i`ll be on paul :d

I dont think ricky and finn has got the nack of it yet

cobraeire wrote: »
    yup i`ll be on paul :d

I think we will leave this week's mission lads. Only 3 back to me, expected as much with the long weekend and all. Will give us all time to practice! :-)

I dont think ricky and finn has got the nack of it yet

Lol. :-D

lmfao

hey can anyone send me a link or something to the IRL Clan video intro, cant remember who said that they had it, Thanks

hey can anyone send me a link or something to the IRL Clan video intro, cant remember who said that they had it, Thanks

I have it here ian,i made it for borderfox,though i`d say he could give it to you,if you ask him nicely :),theres also a flag part as well

Here you go.

Intro: MP4: Battlefield4_IRL_Intro.mp4 ZIP: Battlefield4_IRL_Intro.zip

That should work

• Advertisement

Thanks Bordorfox,

trying to make a video here but sure the nets acting up and cant download the videos to make it, its been recking my head all day ha

Whats the flag one Cobra?

Thanks Bordorfox,

trying to make a video here but sure the nets acting up and cant download the videos to make it, its been recking my head all day ha

Whats the flag one Cobra?

if you look at the vid borderfox made its there at the end of it

Ok heres a lil quick Howto: getting your videos from PS4

Ok, you've recorded a video in PS4 and selected upload clip and it's gone to your Facebook.

A browser called maxthon which is basically chrome/ie dual browser has a video grabber built in like below.

3OzpUE5.png

You can see when i hovered mouse over cobra video above a Download button shows while it's playing, letting me download the Flv flash video file or in facebooks case, the mp4 file.

Take rickys earlier post with his facebook video as an example, this is how i downloaded his mp4.

YfcSkZt.png

The 46.8 mb was what loaded of the lower resolution (you dont want that 48.8mb) before i clicked HD on the facebook video then the 264mb file download link appeared for me to download, this is the 720p full version you want.

After you download that 264mb mp4 file you're free to edit it and add the intro before it in whatever video editor you use.

Sweeeeeettt :) Nice one lads, sound for the help

right lads if anyone can help it would be great,

i have made a basic video (WIP) of what i was trying to do, but tbh i've never done any of the video editing before and my laptop aint built for it,
    (was using a trial version of vegas pro)-(dunno if that program is any good?)

so i want to put it up on this as ZIP file; so that one of yous can have a look and see if yous can make it better, i would upload it to youtube but, i havent got the best of net and it says it will take a few hours to do that.

its a big file so will it be compressed in that ZIP File?? and will any of you's have the time to make the video?

right lads if anyone can help it would be great,

i have made a basic video (WIP) of what i was trying to do, but tbh i've never done any of the video editing before and my laptop aint built for it,
    (was using a trial version of vegas pro)-(dunno if that program is any good?)

so i want to put it up on this as ZIP file; so that one of yous can have a look and see if yous can make it better, i would upload it to youtube but, i havent got the best of net and it says it will take a few hours to do that.

its a big file so will it be compressed in that ZIP File?? and will any of you's have the time to make the video?
    i could do it but i have a crap upload,you could try some easy editing software like windows live movie maker,ten mins looking it up on youtube could sort you out on how to use it,vegas pro needs a bit of time getting your head around it,then again one of the lads might take it off your hands,that has a good connection,i`ll put up the into and the flags if you want to get them of youtube

i could do it but i have a crap upload,you could try some easy editing software like windows live movie maker,ten mins looking it up on youtube could sort you out on how to use it,vegas pro needs a bit of time getting your head around it,then again one of the lads might take it off your hands,that has a good connection,i`ll put up the into and the flags if you want to get them of youtube

thanks for the info, yeah i have the same problem with upload, i had to use vegas beacuse theres some features that it has that windows live movie maker doesnt have, i got the intro so its ok, thanks for that, i'll try put it up on youtube in the next few days, i jsut want to see what others people think of it and any other ideas that could be added to it yano

thanks for the info, yeah i have the same problem with upload, i had to use vegas beacuse theres some features that it has that windows live movie maker doesnt have, i got the intro so its ok, thanks for that, i'll try put it up on youtube in the next few days, i jsut want to see what others people think of it and any other ideas that could be added to it yano

that intro i done..its not great,the elbem is not centered right,and i think the colours stick out to much (though bordorfox disagrees :P) i have another one here if you want it i`ll post it up

• Advertisement

Personally vegas is a complete hog and will use up way too many resources on your pc.

Try Camtasia Studio 8.3 from Techsmith, it's what i use and also allows me to upload to youtube or google drive direct from the editor.

Personally vegas is a complete hog and will use up way too many resources on your pc.

Try Camtasia Studio 8.3 from Techsmith, it's what i use and also allows me to upload to youtube or google drive direct from the editor.

but what size is the videos you make,i know it depends on the size,as ian said his upload is`nt great.
    Windows movie maker is pretty novice so its easy to start with,it also allows you to upload directly to youtube

nice one bordor, i'll give that a shot, do you no if that compresses files aswell because i made a video there its around 9 mins long and its 1,73GB which is a bit much ha

what program was used to make this cobra?

• Advertisement

what program was used to make this cobra?

i use after effects

still working on it, its an idea that could be good, showing different perspectives, but dunno yet?
    maybe with a team of 4 and added the two other videos to it aswell if ya get me, and when someone gets a kill it zooms in on the video,

lets know what yous think

still working on it, its an idea that could be good but dunno yet maybe with two more videos added to it aswell if ya get me

its set to private :d

its set to private :d

**** sorry ha should be ok now

still working on it, its an idea that could be good, showing different perspectives, but dunno yet?
    maybe with a team of 4 and added the two other videos to it aswell if ya get me, and when someone gets a kill it zooms in on the video,

Good job ian,liking the split screen

• Advertisement

Good job ian,liking the split screen

thanks cobra,

still working on it going to try enhance it more and maybe add borders around the screens and maybe add the IRL Clan Logo or something?

if you or anyone has any ideas, let me know

nice one bordor, i'll give that a shot, do you no if that compresses files aswell because i made a video there its around 9 mins long and its 1,73GB which is a bit much ha

yeah you control that via a encoder, in camtasia you can use h264 mp4 encoder and preset 720p resolutions, my 15 min vids come out at around 450mb

If you need any other help, let me know.

I've had a few beers so it's hard to focus on the two screens lol

Good work though!

I've had a few beers so it's hard to focus on the two screens lol

Good work though!

All you had was 2 beers :P,and they were mini buds :)

All you had was 2 beers :P,and they were mini buds :)

don't be jealous pops lol

Platoon members update:

Ally
    Bordorfox
    cobraeire
    cookmysock88
    DerekPhantom
    De_Selby83
    digitalmoon
    Falstaff30
    Finn
    fuzziedunlop200
    Grooverr83
    HowyaNow147
    keithc83
    Paradisepaddy
    Paul_booth
    Shane_86
    Spagitis
    TigronIE
    thurlesdrunk
    Wilbur_345
    Weiland79
    XtraFalcon
    yankdotcom

I was wondering if some of you might have some tips for one of the newer guys to Battlefield. I am trying to rank up a bit in the Recon class and get better at sniping/spotting. What do you think would be the best gamemode to do that in? I don't want to sit back and not help the team, but how can i do that without dying a crazy amount of times? I probably should say at this point that my sniping skills in Battlefield are way below average. Not even sure you could call them skills really! lol

keithc83 wrote: »
    I was wondering if some of you might have some tips for one of the newer guys to Battlefield. I am trying to rank up a bit in the Recon class and get better at sniping/spotting. What do you think would be the best gamemode to do that in? I don't want to sit back and not help the team, but how can i do that without dying a crazy amount of times? I probably should say at this point that my sniping skills in Battlefield are way below average. Not even sure you could call them skills really! lol

I'd focus on building up the recon class first. So run with a carbine and basically play like normal. Get the higher gadgets; motion balls and C4 etc, you can use them to help your team greatly. The Soflam will really help jets and helicopters .
    Once you've unlocked all the recon perks then focus on sniping. The M40 is more then capable at medium ranges so you still don't have to hide way back from the action. Pick one scope and stick with it, don't keep swapping them out, the 8× is very good anyway. The more you use the same scope and same rifle, the better you'll get at assessing bullet drop and lead time etc.
    Keep spamming the spot button as well, you'll often show up guys you didn't even know where there. Just because you can't hit them from your position doesn't mean an ally can't
    I'm not a great sniper or anything though so best advice I could give is just keep at it. As long as your spotting or taking out vehicles, or even just taking out the 1 guy arming your m-com, you'll be helping the team

Cheers for that Paul. Much appreciated. Will definitely try to run with the carbine to build up. Thats exactly what i want to do as there are some pretty decent gadgets in that class higher up. I just need quite a few points to unlock those.

keithc83 wrote: »
    Cheers for that Paul. Much appreciated. Will definitely try to run with the carbine to build up. Thats exactly what i want to do as there are some pretty decent gadgets in that class higher up. I just need quite a few points to unlock those.

Don't forget to abuse the XP boosts as well...... there's also a Premium event next weekend so could be another few double XP days. You should be able to fly through the unlocks

• Advertisement
Advertisement