Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

My first BF was BFbc2 and I was hooked and reached level cap, amazing game at the time and the clan I played in were real active. It was unreal.

Everyone harps back to that game but choose to ignore the flaws etc. There was a serious amount of snipers in that game, I played it again 3 months ago and it was just snipers versus snipers. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

mozattack wrote: »
    My first BF was BFbc2 and I was hooked and reached level cap, amazing game at the time and the clan I played in were real active. It was unreal.

Everyone harps back to that game but choose to ignore the flaws etc. There was a serious amount of snipers in that game, I played it again 3 months ago and it was just snipers versus snipers. Shame

Thats why ya need to enjoy games you like now because when u go back to play them, they are never the same second time around a few years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Sup fellers, thinking about getting BF4 tomorrow, is this place still active or whats the story. Seasoned BF3 veteran here looking to relive his youth, god be good to those days, it was a hell of a war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Sup fellers, thinking about getting BF4 tomorrow, is this place still active or whats the story. Seasoned BF3 veteran here looking to relive his youth, god be good to those days, it was a hell of a war.

Yeah still active, some more so than others but there's normally a couple in most nights.

Check out our Battlelog clan page for the full list of members. Even just glance through the first few, and last few, pages of this thread and you'll get a lot of names. Always looking for more squad mates as well so just message Thurlesdrunk or Cobraeire on Battlelog if you're interested in joining.

Throw up your PSN anyway. Even if you don't wanna join the clan you'll still get a few lads to game with on a regular basis

Yeah still active, some more so than others but there's normally a couple in most nights.

Check out our Battlelog clan page for the full list of members. Even just glance through the first few, and last few, pages of this thread and you'll get a lot of names. Always looking for more squad mates as well so just message Thurlesdrunk or Cobraeire on Battlelog if you're interested in joining. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Throw up your PSN anyway. Even if you don't wanna join the clan you'll still get a few lads to game with on a regular basis

Ahh im inbetween wwe 2k15 and BF4 atm. See im getting the PS4 tomorrow and getting the crew, the last of us and another game, but tbh ill be taken up a while with the crew and the last of us for a little while.

Listen if I get it ill be back on here, if not, it will probably be the new year. Thanks for the invite.

• Advertisement

Ahh im inbetween wwe 2k15 and BF4 atm. See im getting the PS4 tomorrow and getting the crew, the last of us and another game, but tbh ill be taken up a while with the crew and the last of us for a little while.

Listen if I get it ill be back on here, if not, it will probably be the new year. Thanks for the invite.

Well the last thing I would say in favour of BF4 is that there really is nothing like 64 man Conquest to make you realise just how good online Multiplayer can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Finally got around to removing my extra account attached to my Origin Account - It took the better half of 2 hours trying to get Mr.Sharat understand what I wanted but it's done
    Between Battlelog and EA customer service - My IQ has dropped

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Finally got around to removing my extra account attached to my Origin Account - It took the better half of 2 hours trying to get Mr.Sharat understand what I wanted but it's done
    Between Battlelog and EA customer service - My IQ has dropped
    I just get angry with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

got bf4 lads but need teammates big time ha, my psn is blackphoenix626 can someone add me to get me going?

got bf4 lads but need teammates big time ha, my psn is blackphoenix626 can someone add me to get me going?

Ah yes, that first 'oh sweet fúck that's a lot of enemies' moment of 64 man servers :D.

I'm in work tonight myself but I'm sure some the lads will be on later. Scroll through our clan page on Battlelog for names, some of the lads wouldn't be on boards that often so you could be waiting awhile for back up....

• Advertisement

I just played a few rounds with Steven and we probably would have gotten on better if it was just myself and Steven vs the enemy 32 players.

I jumped on to see what the craze was with the new Final Stand maps and I couldn't find a single populated server. I dunno what's going on.

I'll gladly throw you an invite. I haven't been on Battlefield as much in the past few weeks - I'll join the odd game but I probably won't be as active as I once was due to GTA: V and Dragon Age : Inquisition.

I jumped on to see what the craze was with the new Final Stand maps and I couldn't find a single populated server. I dunno what's going on.

I've noticed an issue with a lot of servers not showing in the search results up for some reason. I can find them in my history etc but just not when I search for them.

I just played a few rounds with Steven and we probably would have gotten on better if it was just myself and Steven vs the enemy 32 players.

I'll gladly throw you an invite. I haven't been on Battlefield as much in the past few weeks - I'll join the odd game but I probably won't be as active as I once was due to GTA: V and Dragon Age : Inquisition.

Are you browser searching or quick match? I have not had a problem with the quick search. Maybe not many rented Last Stand servers out there at the moment?

Final Results

Name|Tier 3|Tier 2|Tier 1
    CobraEire73|Incomplete|
    paul_booth_fan|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    keithc83|Completed
    KOB79LFC|Incomplete|

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Are you browser searching or quick match? I have not had a problem with the quick search. Maybe not many rented Last Stand servers out there at the moment?

Quick match usually ignores region and usually have extra ticket counts so I always stick to the browser makes my life easier as I generally don't venture outside of DICE servers but today there wasn't even a custom server running any Final Stand maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

There was plenty of Final Stand rented servers out there, mostly "tag search, no kill, instant ban for killing". I didn't have a problem finding them in server browser but now it's gone very weird. They can't be found. I haven't used quick match since I bought the game but now I have to. There's some quare happennins a brewin...

Final Results

Name|Tier 3|Tier 2|Tier 1
    CobraEire73|Incomplete|
    paul_booth_fan|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    keithc83|Completed
    KOB79LFC|Incomplete|

That table looks mighty purdy.......:D

I know the video is a year old, but it's actually one of the most informative tank guides I've seen on YouTube. Could come in handy for the next tank challenge :D

I know the video is a year old, but it's actually one of the most informative tank guides I've seen on YouTube. Could come in handy for the next tank challenge :D

It's great timing that you put this video up now(for me anyway), a couple of days ago I had around 20 tank kills but now I'm up to 75. I'm getting used to it but I definitely picked up a thing or two from that video. I always wondered why the same shells caused different amounts of damage, I never would've considered that the angle I'm shooting from would matter. Very clever Dice, very clever...

Just another 125 tank kills and that bow is mine:)

Wonder what the announcement will be?

Anyone feel the Attack Jet movement has changed? I keep freezing in mid air because I have braked too hard but I am doing no different to what I did before

Wonder what the announcement will be?

Anyone feel the Attack Jet movement has changed? I keep freezing in mid air because I have braked too hard but I am doing no different to what I did before

For some reason if I spawn in the Jet in the Test Range it will explode for no reason once it passes over the island. Just returns the message "Killed in Action".

• Advertisement

For some reason if I spawn in the Jet in the Test Range it will explode for no reason once it passes over the island. Just returns the message "Killed in Action".

Hope I never sit near u on a real plane.

Hope I never sit near u on a real plane.

If you've seen me drive in GTA - You wouldn't sit next to me in a car either.

And alternatively I wouldn't suggest letting Darren sit behind you in a car.

Off topic but is GTA on ps4 much better? To me I was a tad disappointed as next gen upgrade doesnt seem much at all so I will stick on ps3 version

Fair comment?

Off topic but is GTA on ps4 much better? To me I was a tad disappointed as next gen upgrade doesnt seem much at all so I will stick on ps3 version

Fair comment?

Well in my opinion. I think the graphical update alone is a major boost. I can see a huge difference in the textures of vehicles and weapons.

The Online is stable now and it's not as jittery as the PS3 version also the 30 player races are somewhat fun (If not filled with PIT maneuvering-sticky bomb launching motherf-)

Most of the reviews seem to pitch the idea of the first person gameplay - I personally don't use it all that much as I can look around much faster in 3rd person camera but it does have it's uses especially while trying to aim while driving. Some choose to play in first person exclusively and it makes the game feel like a new experience .... allegedly.

Also the locked 30 FPS while I was a little disappointed at first (wanted 60) has turned out to be mostly static. I was doing a contact mission last night and it ended up with me on a bridge firing an RPG at enemy vehicles below and with each explosion(s) - I didn't notice a single drop in frames which in the previous-gen version which I know for a fact has a major loss of frames during similar missions like the coastline in the Boat in the Bay and sometimes the garage area of Rooftop Rumble.

The only feature that seems to be lacking in my opinion is the traffic congestion. If you park a car across the highway/freeway (I don't know the difference and I don't care) a lot of cars will back up behind it but the roads are still generally clear - They are more cars on the road but it's still not the traffic congestion that was promised. **But that's only for the Online version - Single player has an increased spawn rate for vehicles.

++ Seeing Dermot get mauled trying to cross the road was pure gold.

Yeah yeah, I'll admit it. My initial adventure on GTA online was not without some teething problems........build a bridge man, jeez :D

Yeah yeah, I'll admit it. My initial adventure on GTA online was not without some for teething problems........build a bridge man, jeez :D

I have to admit though - Rockstar did a good job of making both player models actual physical game objects.

wkuugrqxfmwpulwavjei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

18n2yqhcataa7jpg.jpg

Do we need to put you on the roof Darren to be on the safe side? :pac:

keithc83 wrote: »
    18n2yqhcataa7jpg.jpg

Do we need to put you on the roof Darren to be on the safe side? :pac:

I'd only end up stabbing the driver with that mop handle

If you've seen me drive in GTA - You wouldn't sit next to me in a car either.

Speaking of which SANTA aka Mastercard got me GTAV so what crew are ye in?

• Advertisement

I think I saw ye cruising Los Santos already!

img_1177.jpg

Most of us are dualling (word?) crews at the moment.

There's Violent Authority (VLAT) - Blood for the pact

There's IRL Eire Clan (EIRE) - Getting it done!

There isn't really a "difference" between the crews in terms of members or activities. There's 3 extra members in VLAT but none of them are on the PS4 so the main membership is made up of lads off of here.

As far as I know I set the membership in VLAT to open so anyone can join.
    There's no restrictions between crews so we can all play together etc
    I think I saw ye cruising Los Santos already!

You sure about that ?
    Let's just say I take my Crew motto a bit seriously.

Also in case anyone missed it. DICE are asking people to vote on each map from which game they'd like to see.

Battlelog Battlefield

The link is near the bottom of the page.
    It asks from each game if any of you never had 1942 I'd recommend voting for:
    Battlefiled 1942:
    Berlin and Stalingrad (Running street battles with the occasional tank thrown into the mix)
    Kursk (Massive vehicle map if memory serves - 4 tanks with 2 planes I think)
    I would recommend Gothic Line but Snipers would never leave the Cliffside spawn so avoid that one.
    Kharkov - 2 Capture-able bases on either side of a hill base. - Not sure if you could class it as a town as all the buildings are ruins to stop snipers from killing you with 2 bridges. (Due to the current conflict I'm not sure this one will get through unfortunately - I doubt many people will like seeing the Russian flag in Ukraine)
    Operation Market Garden - Think of Bad Company 2's Harvest Day cut and confined without that stupid outpost in the middle of nowhere.

Vietnam:
    Operation Cedar Falls - Very good map I have fond memories of screaming at the Huey pilot to go higher as the Vietnam Huey only sat 2 people and the co-pilot turret would only aim so high.
    Hue - This maps appears twice - Not sure which one it is mind you - One of them is a Lumphini Garden styled map if memory serves and the other is a City-ish map. (Using the term City loosely)
    Landing Zone Albany - Very good jungle styled map - Fun wildly shooting at trees trying to kill the one guy hiding behind them. - There was a set on tunnels in this map which would somewhat resemble Dawnbreaker's Tunnel albeit a bit larger
    Operation Hastings - Loved this map. Flying off in a loaded Mi-8 with a MiG-17 flying passed was awesome although not sure when it resulted in a fiery death - luckily there was plenty of water beneath us.

Battlefield 2:
    Apart from the usual ones that were featured in BF3
    Ghost Town - Map that never got the love it deserved from the 64 player community so most people experienced it fro ma 32 player point of view (Small with less bases) - Once you break the starting bases you're in the town with some tight corners and some major open areas - If it was added in, I'd imagine they'd throw a few props in there.
    Dragon Valley - This is probably the map in Battlefield that has the most flags on 64 players. DICE will try to trick you into thinking the Dragon Pass from China Rising is Dragon Valley in Battlefield 4 but I choose not to believe that map has anything to do with Dragon Valley.
    Operation Blue Pearl - Bad Company 2 players use Panama Canal as a reference
    Dalian Plant - Huge map - Few hills with some twists with a massive open area of play in the actual plant - Tanks everywhere.

Never played Battlefield 2142

Bad Company 1 - 2
    Most of you know these but in case a few memorable ones are
    Bad Comapny:
    Acta Non Verba - Needs vehicles
    Oasis
    Ascension
    End of the Line

Bad Company 2:
    Arica Habour (**** you American spelling)
    Atacama Desert
    Port Valdez
    Valparaiso
    Laguna Presa
    White Pass
    Nelson Bay
    Cold War
    Panama Canal
    Laguna Alta
    - The map that got me into Rush

Bad Company 2: Vietnam:
    All of them

**You don't have to agree with me but these were ones that are planted in my head when I saw the names of the maps.

***If you don't vote you can't complain

Xtra, unfortunately as most players started with bf3 there will be little chance the older maps will be picked so expect the N Canals M16 try hards to get their way unfortunately.

:(

Xtra, unfortunately as most players started with bf3 there will be little chance the older maps will be picked so expect the N Canals M16 try hards to get their way unfortunately.

If they did do that I don't think it would sit well with people especially the PC community as they have been the most loyal and numerous over the years. I'd be expecting some Bad Company 1 and 2 maps to return with hopefully some Vietnam.

I know I'm stretching it with 1942 and Vietnam but at least if they see people are interested they may include or at least think of them as I know for a fact that these maps were well played by the community and hopefully some of those veterans are still looming around.

For example Berlin and Stalingrad were small maps - Both could be incorporated into Ghost Town - All they'd have to do is add more buildings to the West part of the Town and make them completely destructible and it would match the general feel of those maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I only started playing BF relatively recently (4 is basically my first full BF game), didn't play much of BF3 at all, but i would love to see some of the older maps from the other games. I have watched youtubers play the older games from Bad Company 2 to Vietnam and some of those maps looked a lot of fun! So i hope that with the votes they do listen and add some variety.

• Advertisement

I only really got into the Battlefield franchise with BF3. I did play the Bad Company 1&2 campaign extensively, loved the destruction and the sheer noise of the guns. As I mentioned before, I just wasn't interested in online Multiplayer back then. Just as my interest peaked and I was about 5 hours(maybe a little less) in with Bad Company 2 online, the BF3 beta came out and I was sold.

Like Keith, I've watched videos of some the older maps so I knew what to vote for, I really hadn't played enough to make any informative decision so I just went with the Veterans. As for the BF3 maps, these are what I voted for;
    Armoured Shield, Damavand Peak, Death Valley, Epicenter, Grand Bazaar, Kiasar Railroad, Operation Riverside, Strike At Karkand, Seine Crossing, Talah Market and Wake Island.

I fùcking despise Noshahr Canals. Doesn't play well on Conquest or Rush so why bother?

I never played BF till battlefield 4 so I have no opinion whatsoever. I do love it though so please, vote for some good Conquest maps. Locker and metro can be a bit of craic but surely two bottleneck maps are enough.. Any maps like Golmud Railway seem pretty perfect to me but I suppose it's up to ye..

I'm definitely hitting youtube to check out some of the past maps but I'm looking forward to seeing what made Battlefield 3 the best thing since sliced bread..

I fùcking despise Noshahr Canals. Doesn't play well on Conquest or Rush so why bother?

Clearly Canals was pitched to the Dev team when the lead map creator was on holiday. One of the most unbalanced maps in the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yankdotcom

Clearly Canals was pitched to the Dev team when the lead map creator was on holiday. One of the most unbalanced maps in the entire series.

its a great TDM map and nothing more,i went with kharg island as my bf3 pick,loved that map,suited most play styles

BF4 is my first battlefield so I just voted for maps with cool names. Exept for battlefield 3, eeveryone says Grand Bazaar is a brilliant map so I voted for that. I'm lookin forward to these older maps, a lot of people say they're the best ones..

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    I just voted for maps with cool names

tumblr_ljehglNDnH1qhzzwf.gif

Grand Bazaar has a long straight alleyway. (Snipers and bipods) As expected in conquest it turns into a bloodbath as it's where both sides meet although there's a side passage which brings each team closer to the B flag without getting torn down.

Rush isn't too bad as it takes you a different route, It does a U-Shape of the map.

If they did a little touch up to the flag areas on conquest it would be ideal because players from A and C could shoot from their flag positions at B through the alleyway. I've seen some people good enough to actually shoot at C from A. That's the only issue with that map.

Highly recommend if you like Close Quarters combat

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Battlefield 2 was the biggest game of the franchise and PC only, then Battlefield 2: Modern combat came out on Console and it just went on from there. Gulf of oman is from Battlefield 2.

Here an interesting video..

I just think console players picking bf3 maps will have to take into account the higher player count.

I loved Grand Bazaar but 64 players conquest. Hmmmm. Same goes to Seine Crossing which was some map I spent the most time on, I loved it..both Rush and Conquest

Kharg Island 64 player should be excellent.

I voted for Atacama Desert and Lacuna Alta from BC2 and from 1942 Kursk and Al Alamein. From BF3 Death Valley and all of the End Game Maps

Off topic.

I have the ps4 for over a year and didn't renew PS+ yet. Noticed today that I have a payment taken from my bank to Sony for euro48.97.

Is this likely to be the PS+ taken automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Off topic.

I have the ps4 for over a year and didn't renew PS+ yet. Noticed today that I have a payment taken from my bank to Sony for euro48.97.

Is this likely to be the PS+ taken automatically?

It's possible to have it set to renew automatically, which might have happened in your case. There's a way of changing it in the options somewhere.
    You do need it to play online though.

I may be falling in love with the ACW-R........****ing monster up close

I may be falling in love with the ACW-R........****ing monster up close

I'm not that bad yet. As good as the ACW-R is, nothing will top my SG553 :D

Played a few rounds of hardcore over the last few days. I'm slowly coming around to it I think.

AUG A3 - AR160 - MP7 are making a come-back.

Played a few rounds of hardcore over the last few days. I'm slowly coming around to it I think.
    military-war-army-armies-usaf-air_forces-ksm0459_low.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement