Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

cobraeire wrote: »
    Yeah,I played a few rounds last night with Dermot,Hoping it would be at least half ..decent but I could not get into it at all,even thought it would be more like bf,but it ain't funny enough,the only thing I find similar to bf is flying the chopper,but the physics,maps and no destruction,it not great,game modes aren't to bad with the likes of hirsute,but for about 10 mins,might be ok to pick up for 20 quid down the line

Dermot and Alan playing Hardline!

474989-statler-and-waldorf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Dermot and Alan playing Hardline!

474989-statler-and-waldorf.jpg

lol, i'm the handsome one.

Yeah hardlines is not bad but even conquest large feels small and been used to bf4 large conquest, it feels underwhelming, the weapons and new hit marker system is better but the lack of that destruction is very noticable with specific area only allowed to be "blown through" and a lot of the bf4 bugs have come across in hardlines like running and just slamming to the ground dead with absolutely no kill cam or reason and there seems to be an unbalance on some of the modes like dust bowl, the cops having a chopper and not the other way around, specially given what the chopper can do but then even the chopper can be destroyed quickly so maybe that's just a lil nit picky from me.

There are lots of great additions though in hardlines that make it notable over it's bf4 big brother, specifically the money system and been able to buy weapons with earnings instead of having to go through assignments to earn particular weapons. Another fantastic idea is the medic and support leech option that lets you walk up to that class and just take ammo or health from them by pressing square, and defibs and ammo also found in cabinets on walls on various maps.

The hotwire car chases as ger says is probably the best mode in the game, fun hanging out of speeding cars in pairs of 4 almost jausting on the roads .

While it's a welcome fresh take on the battlefield series, it's small size and tedious cod type cqc gameplay it just will never be a battlefield game to me, and at €70, just doesn't warrant the purchase for me so maybe in the future maybe but not anytime soon for me, i'll wait for battlefront 3 instead.

A very simple thing put me off and that was the character models look the same! Now I know they do in BF4 but as army they are supposed to and it looks natural!
    I don't want to be too harsh as its still fun but it feels like Battlefield LITE for COD crossovers!

A very simple thing put me off and that was the character models look the same! Now I know they do in BF4 but as army they are supposed to and it looks natural!
    I don't want to be too harsh as its still fun but it feels like Battlefield LITE for COD crossovers!

its like the bastard child of bf4/code and counter strike go.

How they thought the maps are better smaller is anybodies guess but i guess hardlines does and will attract the cod players now.

and not been able to just blow a hole in the side of the motels where i want to is just disappointing, im too used to bf4 destruction i guess.

it will be nice if they update bf4 with that new hit marker system though, it's pretty good, specially turning red at a critical hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

SharpCoder wrote: »
    it will be nice if they update bf4 with that new hit marker system though, it's pretty good, specially turning red at a critical hit.

It's coming in the next patch, which should be here very very soon. Customisable hit markers for body/head/kill shot. Along with custom optic colours.
    So basically..........fùck Hardline :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the M16A3 is back and seemingly the best gun in the game. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

It's coming in the next patch, which should be here very very soon. Customisable hit markers for body/head/kill shot. Along with custom optic colours.
    So basically..........fùck Hardline :D

Well,the only way this game would be worth getting is if it was about 20 quid or less and a good few of us had it,but that would be it,if level cap said it was cool u'd get it :p

Well,the only way this game would be worth getting is if it was about 20 quid or less and a good few of us had it,but that would be it,if level cap said it was cool u'd get it :p

Ya kidding me??? If you remember back about 2 or 3 months ago, I told him about the A-91 being awesome :pac:

It is amazing how many of the hardcore Battlefield franchise Veterans are all over youtube talking it up. Amazing how much free time I have NOT watching any of their videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone going to be on it tonight?

Burkie7 wrote: »

probably not haha

Might be on bf4 though, couldn't believe I'd find a game that would make bf4 look decent, but I'm eating my words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I'll be on BF4 later this evening for a few games as well

Nahhh!!!

Nope. I want me some proper vehicle combat......where the occupants obey correct motor safety and keep all arms and legs inside at all times :D

Nope. I want me some proper vehicle combat......where the occupants obey correct motor safety and keep all arms and legs inside at all times :D

That counts me out being inside any vehicle you are driving so as I usually end up falling out of moving vehicles and die instantly! :pac: lol

keithc83 wrote: »
    That counts me out being inside any vehicle you are driving so as I usually end up falling out of moving vehicles and die instantly! :pac: lol

Falling out or a "Tactical Disembark"?

Yeah i like "Tactical Disembark" better! I'll go with that...

• Advertisement

this beta might make the bf4 servers run better too, less load lol

this beta might make the bf4 servers run better too, less load lol

On the flip side though, less COD noobs to destroy :(

On the flip side though, less COD noobs to destroy :(

Most of them were sitting in the bases with their snipers hanging out. I'm pretty sure you will still have plenty of noobs on BF4 to kill, running around like headless chickens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Let me merge!!!!!

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Let me merge!!!!!

Quote from the Road Safety Authority;

• Lane 1 – You should always use this lane for normal driving. Stay in this lane unless you are overtaking.
    • Lane 2 – You should only use this lane for overtaking. You must move back to lane 1 once you have finished overtaking and it is safe to do so. you can also move into lane 2 to allow vehicles coming from your left to join the motorway.
    • Lane 3 – You should only use this lane if traffic in lanes 1 and 2 is moving in queues and you need to overtake or make room for merging traffic. Again, you should move back to lane 1 as soon as it is safe to do so.
    When overtaking, only move between two lanes at a time. For example, to move from lane 1 to lane 3, first move into lane 2 and wait to move to lane 3 until it is safe to do so

Just to clarify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I am going to stuck my ore on here.

Personally I am having a great laugh with Hardline, and I don't see what the problem is. The game is sufficiently different to BF but so similar enough that I can pick up and play with no need to learn new button configurations.

It is obviously less vehicle orientated to BF but it is meant to be of course. The hit reg is sweet and satisfying and I think Heist is class.

Will I get 800 hours out of it? No

But when most people just keep playing BF4 vanilla maps I welcome another set of maps gladly at this stage.

mozattack wrote: »
    But when most people just keep playing BF4 vanilla maps I welcome another set of maps gladly at this stage.

Yeah the lack of varied servers is abysmal to be honest. Custom server admins won't run Ranked servers cos nobody looks for them, despite the fact they offer the exact server rotations most players long for. DICE need to set up a few Official servers with vanilla AND dlc maps, just like BF3

Yeah the lack of varied servers is abysmal to be honest. Custom server admins won't run Ranked servers cos nobody looks for them, despite the fact they offer the exact server rotations most players long for. DICE need to set up a few Official servers with vanilla AND dlc maps, just like BF3

EA should hold a poll of fav maps then do an official server rotating them!

Hotwire is different but ****. I got 6,500 points for driving around in circles.

Skill!

That is twice as many points as a decent round in Heist.

Perfect for boosters or tryhards.

I will give it one more go

EA should hold a poll of fav maps then do an official server rotating them!

They did a poll for the Second Assault dlc. Operation Firestorm was 9th but still got in ahead of Damavand Peak, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar. Not even a sniff of Karkand getting in. DICE seemingly don't care for fan votes :D

The car physics are great though, really good.

Personally love the zip lines which are lying around too. Good idea.

What I'd do for an AT mine!!!

They did a poll for the Second Assault dlc. Operation Firestorm was 9th but still got in ahead of Damavand Peak, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar. Not even a sniff of Karkand getting in. DICE seemingly don't care for fan votes :D

I loved rush on Damavand, it was the only rush game I played. I have not played a single rush game on BF4 since I got it at launch.

The car physics are great though, really good.

Personally love the zip lines which are lying around too. Good idea.

What I'd do for an AT mine!!!

Played about 5 hours today so now in good position to comment.

- hotwire is a good laugh, maybe something to play once in a while but it is too easy to accumulate points

- heist is quality, every game seems different and it really fits the theme

- the gun play is FAR better than BF4, so snappy, the recoil is great on the ARs, the sniper rifles are unreal fun: I have more kills with the Scout Elite today than in BF4 already!

- I like the way the medic can't drop down medi packs as often as BF4, makes it is decision to drop now or wait

- I actually don't miss vehicles strangely enough, you can pop into a car and mow lads down once in a while

- No lock on weapons...apart from pick ups. Enuf said!

- Time to kill is fine but the hit receiving indicators seem a little delayed

- Class balance seems great, I used the classes evenly and didn't feel out of place anytime

- The class specific side arms is a masterstroke, makes recon more viable as they are the only ones with automatic sidearms

I love it so far and definite purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had a few games of it over the past few days, only up to level 10 : it's basically an arcadey kind of BF, obviously not a real BF game, very fast and frenetic and COD like in some ways but with BF controls....

I won't pick it up in a hurry, and definitely not at full price but if I saw it in a bargain bin for 20 quid I'd give it a go.... :)

• Advertisement

Played about 5 hours today so now in good position to comment.

- the gun play is FAR better than BF4, so snappy, the recoil is great on the ARs, the sniper rifles are unreal fun: I have more kills with the Scout Elite today than in BF4 already!

Great to hear you are enjoying it, and I know a lot of people who are loving it too especially gamemode Heist. But just a point on the guns. Having the hit detection spot on is great progress and that is how BF4 should've been. But i like BF4 and the gun physics there, just the hit detection needed to be improved and still does. I really like the realistic bullet drop physics for the guns and in particular sniper rifles there. It makes it so rewarding when you finally get a long distance kill. And its one of the reasons i switched from COD, along with having vehicles. I can get into a vehicle and vary my gameplay any time i want to. Of course i still get destroyed in a one on one tank battle or in a chopper but its a steep learning curve which i am still on. lol

I'm sure its nice to get a break from BF4 and Hardline seems to be giving that to BF players. But to me it should have been an add-on to BF4 rather than being a separate game. Like Zombies mode in COD. If they did it that way it would have been better than expecting people to pay €70 for it. In my opinion its not worth that.

Hardlines is basically the cod fix, people who were bad at bf4 will love hardlines, you don't have to think much and not so much ptfo as the maps are that small you only have to walk for 5 seconds and you're in a hot zone, the sniper rifles have been given an upgrade to pretty much gaurantee a one hit kill with damn all drop, no thinking there either. The vehicles are basically paper models, super easy to wipe out even with trip mines on the road. this reminds me of the vietnam expansion for bad company, new theme, weapons and modes, but not worth a full game title, specially at €70. I'd hate to think how bad this game would have been without the bf4 cte.

Hardlines is basically the cod fix, people who were bad at bf4 will love hardlines, you don't have to think much and not so much ptfo as the maps are that small you only have to walk for 5 seconds and you're in a hot zone, the sniper rifles have been given an upgrade to pretty much gaurantee a one hit kill with damn all drop, no thinking there either. The vehicles are basically paper models, super easy to wipe out even with trip mines on the road. this reminds me of the vietnam expansion for bad company, new theme, weapons and modes, but not worth a full game title, specially at €70. I'd hate to think how bad this game would have been without the bf4 cte.

i was hoping more from this game but after playing it for a few hours i deleted it,to much like cod

i was hoping more from this game but after playing it for a few hours i deleted it,to much like cod

You be careful deleteing stuff Cobra

old-guy-deleting-my-computer-funny-gif.gif

You be careful deleteing stuff Cobra

old-guy-deleting-my-computer-funny-gif.gif

Yes very good steven,i see you changed your profile pic on facebook :cool:

jBYUzjJ.jpg?1

botox+lips.JPG

Yeah and?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Played a bit today. I'd rather bf4! Seems battlefield is going down the slippery slope that happened cod! I hope they can pull themselves back up!

Luke92 wrote: »
    Played a bit today. I'd rather bf4! Seems battlefield is going down the slippery slope that happened cod! I hope they can pull themselves back up!

I'm fairly confident Battlefield 5 will knock everything outta the park. It's not going to be made for the older consoles so they won't have to tone anything down or make compromises regarding content/quality. DICE admitted it several times that old gen consoles held them back from making the game they wanted, even during BF3, let alone BF4 so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Sure BF4 is still too Battlefieldy to attract all the COD kiddies(fortunately). That's where Hardline comes in, it's the gateway drug for the franchise. I said it months ago that I wouldn't touch the damn game. To me it looks like a horrendously watered down and twitchy version of a Battlefield game and I've seen nothing from the beta to sway my opinion. Let's be honest though, it's a demo. The full game launches in 6 weeks so they ain't gonna be making wholesale changes at this stage. I've still seen trade kills, randomly falling over dead, false reloads, dying from 5 foot drops, super arcady driving and going around in circles for points......really???

I'm just crossing my fingers Insurgency comes over to the PS4.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly confident Battlefield 5 will knock everything outta the park. It's not going to be made for the older consoles so they won't have to tone anything down or make compromises regarding content/quality. DICE admitted it several times that old gen consoles held them back from making the game they wanted, even during BF3, let alone BF4 so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Sure BF4 is still too Battlefieldy to attract all the COD kiddies(fortunately). That's where Hardline comes in, it's the gateway drug for the franchise. I said it months ago that I wouldn't touch the damn game. To me it looks like a horrendously watered down and twitchy version of a Battlefield game and I've seen nothing from the beta to sway my opinion. Let's be honest though, it's a demo. The full game launches in 6 weeks so they ain't gonna be making wholesale changes at this stage. I've still seen trade kills, randomly falling over dead, false reloads, dying from 5 foot drops, super arcady driving and going around in circles for points......really???

I'm just crossing my fingers Insurgency comes over to the PS4.

:eek: :eek:....i don`t believe it but well said that man :eek: :eek:(someone has there big boy pants on :))

People who are bad at Bf4 will like Hard line? What kinda of nonsense is that?

If anything Hardline is tougher being less fore giving. No NAD spam, no noob weapons like the XM25, mortar, ucav and less opportunity to hide in spawn with a x40 scope and a gun with purposely designed less bullet drop to satisfy the campers?

I am hating on bf4, love that game to death, but that comment was ridiculous

I am not sure why people critise Hardline for not being battlefield but then say it should have been an expansion pack. Hmmm, does that make sense?

I am not sure why people critise Hardline for not being battlefield but then say it should have been an expansion pack. Hmmm, does that make sense?

Well EA did call it Battlefield Hardline and used the same game mechanics! Personally its not my type of shooter but if people love it all the better, just so long as DICE do not screw around too much with the core Battlefield franchise!

I think that is what I fear, a precedent being set were the game I love will become become some sort of mutant COD/BF clone that has lost all soul! What I did not like with Hardline was the same as COD as in there was no time to take stock and set about how I will attack an objective. The moment I spawned I was constantly in a hail of gunfire and could not outflank or find a way through defenses other-then head on assaults! I felt as though I was just playing Metro and Operation Locker all over again, which is fine if you love those maps!

:eek: :eek:....i don`t believe it but well said that man :eek: :eek:(someone has there big boy pants on :))

Thanx Cobra, no need to worry though.....I'll have those small boy pants you like so much back on later :D

People who are bad at Bf4 will like Hard line? What kinda of nonsense is that?

aka once a codder, always a codder, it's pretty fishy alright lol

you always had the ones complaining about conquest on bf4, always wanting small maps, domination, cqc, no running for 5 mins to get a vehicle(s), why cant i quick scope one kill everyone, why don't i always get perks, eh what does ptfo mean etc

hardlines will at least take them away from bf4, not so much headless chickens running around the battlefield then and less annoying kids.

• Advertisement

Well i can`t put bf in the same context as hardlines,i don`t think there that much the same,to me it does`nt feel that way,i think the mechanics of the game feels more different,it feels static there no flow to it,even jumping into a car or a jeep feels crap,you think your playing tron,well thats how they steer and with small maps and no destruction,you`d think a lot of fan boys go together and tried to make a bf game and failed big time so i`d put this more as a cod game than a bf one,and we know how we all feel about cod games

kwv3Imw.jpg?1

How I felt playing hardline!

cz3CwY9.gif

I think core BF players should rejoice at Hardline and how it is a success. Why?

Because there is less chance that BF will be diluted any further as both games can coexist perfectly happily while separate.

All that said what I don't get is lads on Battlelog etc saying BFH is crap and as it is like COD and then you click and their stats and all they play is Dom or TDM and have 99% of their kills as infantry. Puzzling!

I think core BF players should rejoice at Hardline and how it is a success. Why?

Because there is less chance that BF will be diluted any further as both games can coexist perfectly happily while separate.

I'd agree with that assessment alright. You'd like to think that, the more money Battlefield brings into EA, the brighter the future for the franchise. Especially if they can maintain good server numbers with BF4 and Hardline running simultaneously. Ultimately, if Hardline keeps the COD kiddies away from the core Battlefield game, don't think many of us will be too vocal in our complaints.
    However, my concern would be that if Hardline starts to consistently reduce the average player count on BF4, will EA still be willing to spend big for Battlefield 5??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm playin CoD Advanced Warfare (I got it for free, don't be hatin) and I have to say, the campaign mode is pretty decent. The multiplayer however reminds me why I "switched sides" and got BF4. I played one game so far and finished with 15 Kills and 5 deaths, and I had the lowest score on my team. I went straight from level 1 to 5 in a game I'm unfamiliar with, and that's the draw for the kids IMO. Other than maybe getting a few trophies on campaign, I doubt I'll be gettin much use out of this game. Looks like I'm a battlefielder..

• Advertisement
Advertisement