Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

GG, actually like that server last night. 3 of the best maps surely.

Lads what are your first names as I admit tthat I don't know.

For those who don't know me, this is KOB79LFC and the name is Kenny, as in Kenny Daglish of course. Intro sounding like an AA meeting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Yeah those were good games, really do like Siege of Shanghai. Well balanced, unless you come up against an insane chopper pilot of course :pac:
    My first name is my name here and also my PSN ID so easy enough.

After you left last night though there was one guy (EVE_Apoll_o) that went 66-14 in a round on Zavod, every time i tried to kill him i would put a full clip into him (one instance i definitely reloaded and got a few more shots into him too!) and he never died. He shot me and in a split second i dropped like a fly. Has anyone else ever experienced something like that? I recorded footage last night and have some moments from this in there so must look over them this weekend. It just seemed very weird as I know i was getting my shots on target.

Keith before I used the powerline adapter(thanks for the tip guys) that kind of stuff used to plague me so maybe lag?

Yeah possibly could be, but it was affecting others on our side in the game too with this one player. It didn't happen with any other player on the other team, just this one, which is why i thought it was so weird...
    There was no lag my side, none more than normal on that server either. And honestly if its lag that i die from fair enough, its frustrating but understandable. Its hard to explain this last night though, definitely the first time on BF4 i have ever encountered something like it.

Keith before I used the powerline adapter(thanks for the tip guys) that kind of stuff used to plague me so maybe lag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Swiggers

Hi Lads.

i've rented a server for a week initially and weill extend it if we get good numbers on it, i spoke to Dermott & Chris and they said just to pop it up on here to gauge some intrest.

is everyone ok with this as i dont want to be stepping on anyones toes?

Also if its ok, can you any of you tech lads make a good banner we could use and a brief description for the server...

Cheers

Ger

Hi Lads.

i've rented a server for a week initially and weill extend it if we get good numbers on it, i spoke to Dermott & Chris and they said just to pop it up on here to gauge some intrest.

Also if its ok what about map rotation preference and game mode?
    And can you any of you tech lads make a good banner we could use and a brief description for the server

Cheers

Ger (PSN Jedge_75)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Swiggers wrote: »
    Hi Lads.

Also if its ok what about map rotation preference and game mode?
    And can you any of you tech lads make a good banner we could use and a brief description for the server

Cheers

Ger (PSN Jedge_75)

All's good, Hopefully the server system is better than it has been, like the server not leaving favorites because you change one thing.

We used to have our own server back in the early days of the RAS program but not now so if you want to put the server out there, i see no reason why not to to. We usually play Conquest large.

You're paying for it so stick up whatever banner you want, just not a pic of Darren or Alan, because that would just chase the players away with burning eyeballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Hi Lads.

i've rented a server for a week initially and I'll extend it if we get good numbers on it............what about map rotation preference and game mode?

My only request would be to run it as a 'ranked' server with maps from all the dlcs. Guilin Peaks is a great infantry map while Caspian Border is great for armour etc. A good mixed server would definitely keep players coming back. I think there are a few forums online where you can list your server for free(including Battlelog I think). If it goes well and you do decide to extend it, I've no problem chipping in to help fund it. Several of us did it for the IRL server Dermot mentioned.
    SharpCoder wrote: »
    stick up whatever banner you want, just not a pic of Darren or Alan, because that would just chase the players away with burning eyeballs.

HEY, I resent that......I don't necessarily disagree with it but I certainly resent it.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I agree with ya. The charismatic, aggressive, almost animalistic sexual magnetism that a picture of me would generate is easily enough to scare off some of the weaker players. Good call :D

Hi

Server has been set up under IRL CLAN and its a ranked server, i'll make any of you admin if you like to do the map rotation etc?
    I've Paul & Dermott as Admin so far so feel free to make any changes needed (Admin message Description etc)

i found a banner on line that i think was used before for the clan so i just used that.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the admins power is still limited while in game??? All the hassle we had trying to kick players the last time. Forced to leave the game just to admin the server, horrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

mozattack wrote: »
    Lads what are your first names as I admit tthat I don't know.

My name is Chris - You can identify me by my hatred for the other 5 nations which compete in the 6 Nations (In fact any team that has ever 1Uped Munster) and Co.Carlow.
    Actually, the more I think about it, the more I agree with ya. The charismatic, aggressive, almost animalistic sexual magnetism that a picture of me would generate is easily enough to scare off some of the weaker players. Good call :D

clint_ew.gif
    Server has been set up under IRL CLAN and its a ranked server

As I said the other night - While you're funding the server - We (Boards) should at the most, only have a say it what happens while your cash is being used. If you want to extend it we can fire you some cash towards it but until the server lease runs out on what YOU paid for, you should have the final say.
    Does anyone know if the admins power is still limited while in game???
    Apparently so. Seems only PC Players can kick whilst in-game.

The Video you'll all been waiting to see (In my own little world)
    As it was being processed it picked up a Copyright Infringement already (Awesome)
    I severely underestimated how many clips I had with the Jet included (Totaled over 7 Minutes of raw footage which outweighed Kenny Loggin's Danger Zone so I removed the majority of clips if the passengers bailed from the vehicle before the kill registered.)

Also not wanting to spam this comment or make it any longer than it already is. Three Video links.
    A Metal Gear Solid Easter Egg in Saints Row IV
    PayDay 2 : Crimewave Edition with all DLC announced to drop on PS4 in June. (This Heist trailer is referencing the film Heat - Which is why it's my favourite)
    GTA Online Heists - Coming the 10th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Hmmm we are not a "boards" clan chris :P,yes there is an irl pc clan and an xbox irl clan,as for ps4 we were asked to join the irl boards ranks but i declined :D,We are renagades :)

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    As I said the other night - While you're funding the server - We (Boards) should at the most, only have a say it what happens while your cash is being used. If you want to extend it we can fire you some cash towards it but until the server lease runs out on what YOU paid for, you should have the final say.

I'd agree with this.

EDIT: Just to clarify Ger, if I'm on I'll gladly admin for ya, but you should have final say while you're paying for it.

cobraeire wrote: »
    Hmmm we are not a "boards" clan chris :P,yes there is an irl pc clan and an xbox irl clan,as for ps4 we were asked to join the irl boards ranks but i declined :D,We are renagades :)

Never said we were - I was refering to the members of IRL who use boards as our main form of communication - Are we hardcore enough to be renagades? I'd figure at the most we'd be just a minor inconvenience.

Also big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the IRL Platoon which is 1 year old (Officially) today

Never said we were - I was refering to the members of IRL who use boards as our main form of communication - Are we hardcore enough to be renagades? I'd figure at the most we'd be just a minor inconvenience.

Also big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the IRL Platoon which is 1 year old (Officially) today

Well with the likes of the other clans,to join there are set rules,we dont,...ps New rule no crying on the mic when you get shot are you listening Chris,Dermot and Keith :)

With Gers consent, I did up a 11 map rotation for us to consider;

Golmud Railway
    Dawnbreaker
    Guilin Peaks
    Rogue Transmission
    Nansha Strike
    Pearl Market
    Dragon Pass
    Giants of Kerelia
    Caspian Border
    Zavod 311
    Propaganda

Any thoughts? Decent mix of infantry/armour while completely ignore the spamfests of Metro & Lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

With Gers consent, I did up a 11 map rotation for us to consider;

Golmud Railway
    Dawnbreaker
    Guilin Peaks
    Rogue Transmission
    Nansha Strike
    Pearl Market
    Dragon Pass
    Giants of Kerelia
    Caspian Border
    Zavod 311
    Propaganda

Any thoughts? Decent mix of infantry/armour while completely ignore the spamfests of Metro & Lockers.

Is it going to be conquest only? If so then those maps are perfect.

GerB40 wrote: »
    Is it going to be conquest only? If so then those maps are perfect.

Yeah Conquest only. It's impossible to get a decent 64 man Rush or Chainlink so no point sticking it in(that's what she said.....)

Lads any way we can promote the server to get players into it?

• Advertisement

Lads any way we can promote the server to get players into it?

As far as I know there's a thread for servers here on Boards (Which happens to be the website we are using Alan) apart from that you could try the Battlelog Forums

Well with the likes of the other clans,to join there are set rules,we dont,...ps New rule no crying on the mic when you get shot are you listening Chris,Dermot and Keith :)

Getting shot is nothing compared to getting stabbed in the back! haha

But i guess that goes very well with us here being renegades or mercenaries. :pac:

Also great mix of maps there on the server Darren. Any rotation that leaves out Locker or Metro gets a big thumbs up from me!

As far as I know there's a thread for servers here on Boards (Which happens to be the website we are using Alan) apart from that you could try the Battlelog Forums

"We (Boards) should at the most" what you said ..:P tut tut hang your head in shame ,you could have said "We(IRL)" etc... :)

Then again chris you were`nt the first to try to put us on the boards clan....(back in the day)"It seems like Spear(PC elitist ) and miju(XB1) are the most 'vocal' for their respective platform so I'll send them a pm just to see if their ok with the 3 platforms running kinda as one. The PC one is already up under the name Boardsie PC so would anyone here object to us using Boardsie PS4?"......hmmm i wonder if that man can remember posting that silly message :P
    (back to page 26/27 ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

We're just happy that we can't hear you 50% of the time dialup strict nat boy.

this is what happens when you try to shoot cobraeire73 because he's not actually there till 10 seconds later..when his dialup catches on...

imtwnfuAPtilV.gif

SharpCoder wrote: »
    We're just happy that we can't hear you 50% of the time dialup strict nat boy.

this is what happens when you try to shoot cobraeire73 because he's not actually there till 10 seconds later..when his dialup catches on...

imtwnfuAPtilV.gif

just come out and say it,your a ****e shot

Great news re servers, my moaning has paid off it seems, well somewhat anyway.

See David Sirlands response to me on Twitter.

Yippie, that's more life for BF4 for me

Great news re servers, my moaning has paid off it seems, well somewhat anyway.

See David Sirlands response to me on Twitter.

Yippie, that's more life for BF4 for me

Happy fùckin days

Just your run-of-the-mill 23 kill streak :D. This is why I run the Canister Shell instead of the LMG/HMG. I find it to be more effective and reliable on infantry, even at fairly long range because of the high velocity and no drop. Easy pickings with Thermal Optics on as well.

• Advertisement

Good work, I must use canister shell. Kinda gave it up when it was nerfed on bf3 and neglected it since.

I don't like thermal optics, even if of use, just looks ****ty. Same applies to IRNV scopes so I expect Infiltration of Shanghai won't be my favourite map. Just seems awful, graphic wise, which is a shame.

I read a post on reddit about an idea that tanks could have massive flashlights for night maps. That would be cool

I don't like thermal optics, even if of use, just looks ****ty. Same applies to IRNV scopes so I expect Infiltration of Shanghai won't be my favourite map. Just seems awful, graphic wise, which is a shame.

IRNV and FLIR scopes can be amazing when shooting/spotting through smoke. [MORE SMOKE]

Hand Flares and flash/tact lights are the real countermeasures for both scopes and can make the IRNV/FLIR scope user reduce to spraying all over the place trying to get the kill.

I'm guessing since the Shanghai map will be taking place in "True" darkness these will be the first 2 attachments to be picked up first (Scopes and Flash-lights).

This may cause people to add an IRNV/FLIR scope with Canted Iron Sights which might end up making them player favourites for the night map(s)

Also this was added today:

uWyf92I.png

Oh I know IRNV etc have their use, just I don't like the look or feel when using them. The graphics look ****e and I can't warm to it. Same for bf3 irnv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Oh I know IRNV etc have their use, just I don't like the look or feel when using them. The graphics look ****e and I can't warm to it. Same for bf3 irnv

Well as a card carrying colour blind I couldn't be happier at the thought of this nighttime map. I've often been killed in places like the wooded area of Zavod 311 by people standing right beside me just because the enemy are basically fúcking invisible to me. IRNV will certainly come in handy. A selfish reason to look forward to using night/thermal vision but fúck it, I'll have no excuses if I have a shyte game now...

Lots of fine tuning available in the options now. You can increase the size and glow on all the optics so you shouldn't lose the red dot in brighter situations anymore. Or you can just change the colour altogether if you want.
    Same for the vehicle HUDs, tried not to tinker too much or I'd be there all day tweaking it. Attack Chopper is fairly agile now, huge improvement......barrel rolls are fun, backflips are slightly hairy :D

EDIT: Just note that the turret uncoupling option is now on by default. It will definitely take a bit of getting used to alright, but if you're not comfortable in armour I'd probably turn it off for now. I can see its advantages though already.

• Advertisement

Attack Chopper is fairly agile now, huge improvement......barrel rolls are fun

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

imgPhoto_25_l.jpg

Oh yeah......its going to be even more fun as a passenger now alright :pac:

Just played a quick game and the improvements are noticeable the second you join a game.

If you try to spawn on a squad-mate and he's getting annihilated it will show a Red box around his point of view and say "In Combat" and restrict the spawn. It also shows a little Icon on it with his class and health-bar.

Even the scoreboard now shows who is alive and dead. If the Name is a dark grey the player is waiting to respawn - Also in squad spawn menu

No problems with movement - Generally felt fluid apart from the occasional frame drop when combat got heavy. (Expected)

The option to change the cross-hairs actually helps quite a bit as you can make it huge with a brighter colour (There are now much better options out there). Other HUD options should be left to personal preference although making the hit indicator a noticeable colour (Blood Red) seems very useful in my opinion.

Darren hits the nail on the head with the turret uncoupling.

++On a complete side note - The M16 on burst fire seems to be firing like it's on full auto - Was it altered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Yeah the changes seem pretty good, it's great you no longer get stuck when trying to move over a stone or a kerb. Being able to change the colour of the hit markers is great, I have to mess around with it some more.

I'm loving the buff for medic bags and packs, you no longer have to wait 10 seconds or so to heal after being suppressed.

How do you turn on/off turret coupling because mine is the same as before the patch and I can't find it in the options? Also where have all the Dice/EA servers gone?

How do you turn on/off turret coupling because mine is the same as before the patch and I can't find it in the options? Also where have all the Dice/EA servers gone?

You can find it in the advanced options in the "Controls" menu.

They seem to have changed back to EA Official Europe #number (Or something along those lines) - This happened after the last patch and they returned to normal a few days later.

• Advertisement

I only slightly changed my hit markers. It's a slightly larger, whiter cross for a head shot, and blood red for a kill. I like turning off as much screen clutter as I can, the fact I can now turn off the kill notification and kill feed but still know I got the kill(with a bright red 'X') seems ideal. Might run into issues when I've no idea if I got a kill assist though. Hmm

Loving the idea of mixed map rotations for Premium as well........sorry Cobra :pac:.........Long overdue.

Yes new servers, imagine that...options and variety. Spoilt. Actually played conquest small tonight, was good.

Love the hit markers, white for normal shot for me, red for headshot and green for kill shot. Green to go to next target so ;)

Love the new spawn screen, very clever

Dislike medix buff, don't see what was wrong with last changes. Not only do assault players have the best guns but can regenerate health mid firefight. To me that is a broken mechanic and has pissed me off.

Didn't notice any other changes so game is spot on now really.

Played squad obliteration and while it was fun, I won't be a regular on it for two reasons :

1. If team does well the other team quit leaving the server unbalanced

2. Loading times are too long on BF4 to make playing a 5 minute game worth while

Yes new servers, imagine that...options and variety.

Typical DICE, they wait until poor Jedge rents his own server before giving us the exact servers we've been asking for since the first DLC :D
    Dislike medix buff, don't see what was wrong with last changes. Not only do assault players have the best guns but can regenerate health mid firefight.

Only the little bag can heal through suppression now, the big bag is still effected(although the time needed to heal has been reduced). I'm probably gonna be running the Small Medkit from now on. Keep mobile and topped up.

Hey guys, I have a sharefactory video on USB but can't upload it to boards.

Is it because the file could be too large; there is no warning saying so.

Hey guys, I have a sharefactory video on USB but can't upload it to boards.

Is it because the file could be too large; there is no warning saying so.

Your best bet would be to upload the video to YouTube and then post it here as Sharefactory files can get somewhat large depending on the size of the video.

But be warned - If you have music files on the video you may be hit with a copyright infringement so if that's the case, you'd be best off uploading it as "Unlisted" that way, only people with the link can view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NagelsInParis

Well lads, numbers among friends who have this game have curtailed for me so wondering who plays regularly in the Irish circuit on Bf4 these days? My Psn is NagelsInParis

Well lads, numbers among friends who have this game have curtailed for me so wondering who plays regularly in the Irish circuit on Bf4 these days? My Psn is NagelsInParis

hmm psn looks looks familiar,were you in the irl clan on the xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NagelsInParis

Indeed I was cobra, used play pro clubs and blops 2 alot!

Indeed I was cobra, used play pro clubs and blops 2 alot!

Ahh I remember you well sir,sure you were on my buddie list

• Advertisement
Advertisement