Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Rumours that Grand Bazaar is coming to the next DLC..............for Hardline :eek: :confused:

DICE pls :mad:

They can have it - I'd prefer Seine Crossing or Sharqi Peninsula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    They can have it - I'd prefer Seine Crossing or Sharqi Peninsula.

Even as someone that loves vehicles, Grand Bazaar is almost a perfect infantry map. Absolutely loved that map. That being said, I wouldn't exactly give out if we did happen to get Seine or Sharqi.

There is an announcement from DICE coming soon. They just didn't say if it relates to BF4, BF5 or Hardline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

There is an announcement from DICE coming soon. They just didn't say if it relates to BF4, BF5 or Hardline though.

Hardlines 2 :P

They'll probably follow their usual formula.
      1. Show off Battlefield 2016 with a little teaser trailer.
      2. Reveal the multiplayer at E3.
      3. Open beta around September/October.
      4. Release in November 2016.

Hardline probably isn't and shouldn't (in my opinion) be a priority for the Swedish DICE studio anymore (Visceral should have stuck to Dead Space) especially considering how small the player base is. Looking at the current active players of Battlefield 4 Stats and Hardline Stats. The game has been on sale numerous times since it's release and it's done little to boost the player base. At this point it would be a waste of resources to try and make it a prime point of the Battlefield series.

++This clip is amazing.

Anyone else have their entire loadout not only reset, but seemingly make up completely new combinations of attachments and camo??

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Anyone else have their entire loadout not only reset, but seemingly make up completely new combinations of attachments and camo??

I had the orange tab pop up. No new items unlocked, but it was on pretty much everything. Didn't notice any random set ups. Everything was normal.

Luke92 wrote: »
      I had the orange tab pop up. No new items unlocked, but it was on pretty much everything. Didn't notice any random set ups. Everything was normal.

It was weird, literally everything in my loadouts had been changed. Every single gun had its attachments either removed or swapped, every single vehicle had its loadout changed as well. All my camos were changed, my knife and Squad Perk as well.
      Very annoying when I was trying to change kit/class between respawns to deal with armour or infantry. At least it'll give me something to do this morning I guess.

*you never realise just how many guns there are in this game until you have to redo nearly every damn one of them* :mad:

Just under 4hrs left till I hit 1000 hours :eek:

Anyone up for a few rounds?.........I'll even provide the music again

Just under 4hrs left till I hit 1000 hours :eek:

Anyone up for a few rounds?.........I'll even provide the music again

The road to 1K part 2

Trigger discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Did you get to the 1000 hr mark Darren? If you did well done!

tumblr_mskqp1alyw1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

I was planning on being online last night but work had other ideas....didn't finish until late but hopefully i will get on for a few games later if any of ye are online.

• Advertisement

keithc83 wrote: »
      Did you get to the 1000 hr mark Darren? If you did well done!

I was planning on being online last night but work had other ideas....didn't finish until late but hopefully i will get on for a few games later if any of ye are online.

Not quite, 37 minutes to go. I'll probably be on Wednesday night. Good games last night though, we won 6 outta 7 rounds with 5 Ace Squad Ribbons. Passed 1000 kills with the Deagle and 5000 with Tanks as well. So no complaints :)

I'll be running around later. Won't be on "properly" until after 10. Anytime before 9 is anyone's guess.

We can cap a few more Ace Squad Ribbons while trying to carry the team over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I'll be running around later. Won't be on "properly" until after 10. Anytime before 9 is anyone's guess.

We can cap a few more Ace Squad Ribbons while trying to carry the team over the line.

Should be online later as well.

Insurgency finally announced for PS4 :) .............. some time in 2017 :(

Congrats to Darren for achieving 1,000 hours played in Battlefield 4 along with 5,000 tank kills and 2,500 kills with a primary weapon.

8d87fe440e4e19ea311fa385835f3e50.jpg

Congrats to Darren for achieving 1,000 hours played in Battlefield 4 along with 5,000 tank kills and 2,500 kills with a primary weapon.

1000 hours. That's 41.67 days or nearly 6 straight weeks :eek:...

Time well spent I think we'll all agree :pac:

Way to go Darren! That is quite the achievement putting that amount of hours in! :)

And the 5000 tank kills too, i think its just too easy for you in a tank:

ZUrAlJT.gif

If you check the Leader boards, there's a guy who's put in 16,738 hrs!!!!!!! Spread over 2 soldiers, 1 on PS4 and 1 on PS3. Now that's ridiculous.

Considering Battlefield is almost exclusively the only game I've played in about a year, 1000hrs isn't that unexpected. Still not completely happy though :) Wanna keep trying to push my SPM up. I was looking on bf4stats.com and I've got around 1700 more Flag Defends than Flag Captures. With the amount of points given for Captures after the last update, I'm missing out on a crap load of potential points. Damn Recon SPM is 200 lower than the other classes as well :mad:
      I've still got a few weapons around the 400 kill mark so I wanna try get those Mastery Tags. 50 Mastery Tags is the next target :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Wow so after not playing this game for a year I reinstalled it this week and have found a hugely improved game which I've been enjoying all week. Except the battlelog is still a heap of crap that doesn't work and I kept getting kicked out of games last night.

weiland79 wrote: »
      Wow so after not playing this game for a year I reinstalled it this week and have found a hugely improved game which I've been enjoying all week. Except the battlelog is still a heap of crap that doesn't work and I kept getting kicked out of games last night.

Yeah, battlelog never seems to work for me either. Never really has.
      Didn't really have an issue getting kicked out of games though. Haven't seen it on the servers we were on.

• Advertisement

Last night for the first time in a while, Battlelog wasn't working at all.

As far as I remember when I was playing with Keith Last week he was getting a message about not being able to log into Battlelog.

Being completely honest the console version of Battlelog is pointless. The only stats you can get as basic ones that you'd never really get any use from.

It just seems to be thrown in to get use out of the touchpad (They could have used it for the Comm Wheel)

You can make the argument that you can join someone's game from it but you can also do it from the PS4 Friend's list, PS4 Party and Battlefield 4 itself.

The PC/Mobile App version is somewhat useful giving full breakdown of weapon/vehicle/game mode stats etc

As far as I remember when I was playing with Keith Last week he was getting a message about not being able to log into Battlelog.

Yeah it wasn't working at all. Lets put it this way i am now more surprised when it works rather than when it doesn't. Like most things the idea for Battlelog was good, the implementation though was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I am in at 925 hours... I think I will go to 999 to avoid the limelight :)

Darren, re flag defends v flag captures; the stats must be wrong, I am in top 9% in flag defends on PS4 in the world despite playing Rush 1/3 of the time also don't see where the defends come from really.

My favourite stat is that my top 4 primaries are not guns; that's kinda funny, for BF3 my top 5 were not guns either.

Otherwise, curiously I have between 40 - 46 service starts between all classes but no surprise here in seeing that while the SPM for support, engineer and recon is more or less the same (strange that) the SPM for my time as assault is 250 more than my second highest. Too easy to score with assault.

BF4 is playing brilliant at the moment. I am playing some Hardline and the best thing about is it that when I got to BF4 it feels ever better. BF5 will want to be great to get me away from playing BF4 for years (on occassion)

I see you liked the last comment Alan, does that mean you're still alive??!! :pac:

Darren, re flag defends v flag captures; the stats must be wrong, I am in top 9% in flag defends on PS4 in the world despite playing Rush 1/3 of the time also don't see where the defends come from really.

Otherwise, curiously I have between 40 - 46 service starts between all classes but no surprise here in seeing that while the SPM for support, engineer and recon is more or less the same (strange that) the SPM for my time as assault is 250 more than my second highest. Too easy to score with assault.

I don't think the stats are wrong, I just think you're really over estimating the average Battlefield player these days :pac: There honestly is a lot of really bad players that don't PTFO.
      I've managed to keep my SPM within 50 despite nearly double the Service Stars in the Engineer class(78). I've always found that if i play Rush, my SPM and Skill rating can shoot up randomly. Especially with the Assault class, so many points for just throwing down a med kit, it's amazing how few ammo boxes you see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

I see you liked the last comment Alan, does that mean you're still alive??!! :pac:

yup just about just having a wee war of my own with vodafone internet has been ****e the past couple of weeks think its sorted now :)

cobraeire wrote: »
      yup just about just having a wee war of my own with vodafone internet has been ****e the past couple of weeks think its sorted now :)

Had a fight with my own providers for a week or so, but good to hear its all sorted! :)

cobraeire wrote: »

Is it fixed fixed? or just fixed by your usual standard since ye all have 1,000MB Eir Fibre up your end bouncing off the walls since the mobile providers are trying to mark up their speeds.

@Darren , Damien & Mark.

Have we been green-lit to adopt Viking?

For those who weren't there last night. A guy in our squad wanted to join our party. Turns out he's from Norway with English almost better than ours.

He got along great with us last night. He took a few moral-grey-area shots, regularly sells his soul to Satan and judging by the amount of times (and with rage) he said "Jesus Christ" he already has a certain level of Irishness within him. "(Do you have a Viking inside of you?)"

• Advertisement

Don't think he was in party chat while I was there but yeah why not, sounds like he'd fit right in.

@Darren , Damien & Mark.

Have we been green-lit to adopt Viking?

For those who weren't there last night. A guy in our squad wanted to join our party. Turns out he's from Norway with English almost better than ours

He got along great with us last night. He took a few moral-grey-area shots, regularly sells his soul to Satan and judging by the amount of times (and with rage) he said "Jesus Christ" he already has a certain level of Irishness within him. "(Do you have a Viking inside of you?)"

Almost better?? With none of the culchie colloquialisms, I found him easier to understand than Cobra :pac: I stayed in the party chat for the next round with him, he really doesn't take it too seriously but he gets so angry it's brilliant. Doesn't get offended either which is always helpful. He definitely gets my vote anyway.

On a side note, after Viking left, I was invited into a party chat with flirtygirty and fruitloops who turned out to be actual real life girls........again, for those that weren't there....2 players that messaged me via PSN about coming from behind and being mean for setting them on fire. Escalated quickly into an innuendo laced exchange and a back & forth Tbag/Vbag duel.

Well now I feel bad for that "Uncle-Shot" I took at fruitloops.

I really wish I recorded that tank kill now though. To be fair both Viking and them were knocking around for a while. If we got talking to konrad we'd be set.

If we keep picking up people at this rate we'll be kitted out, we nearly have enough for 2 entirely dysfunctional squads now.

Well now I feel bad for that "Uncle-Shot" I took at fruitloops.

I really wish I recorded that tank kill now though. To be fair both Viking and them were knocking around for a while. If we got talking to konrad we'd be set.

If we keep picking up people at this rate we'll be kitted out, we nearly have enough for 2 entirely dysfunctional squads now.

They were both pretty rude so I can safely assume she was joking about the uncle. Yeah that tank kill was ridiculous, looked like you just drive straight through the carcass of her poor tank and picked up the 2 kills. They seemed to attract tanks in fairness. I killed both of them a few times in my tank in the 2 rounds before BF4 crashed, and then when I joined their game later on, every time fruitloops peeked a corner she got destroyed by the enemy tank....repeatedly. I found it hilarious though :)

Dysfunctional certainly sounds about right.

Dysfunctional certainly sounds about right.

True. We are one of the most dysfunctional groups around but on BF4 we kick ass as a squad the majority of the time!

True. We are one of the most dysfunctional groups around but on BF4 we kick ass as a squad the majority of the time!

Ugh, fine. I'll be Margot Robbie. You're all gonna regret putting me in hot pants though

• Advertisement

Our viking friend is only 17, so he may be a little immature at times......

whspJvC.jpg?1

Still not the most childish person we deal with :pac:

Is there a few of you around later for some BF4, or on this weekend? Wouldn't mind a few games but definitely not going lone wolf as it gets frustrating way too quickly! :p

By the way Darren, seen as you "nominated" yourself for taking the Margot Robbie role, does that mean we get to call you Tank Girl from here on out?! :pac:

I might be on Sunday night alright.

I'd prefer not to be called Tank Girl if I'm honest. Never mind the sex with kangaroos and substance abuse......I would like to think we can all appreciate the subtle differences between Robbie Margot and Lori Petty :pac: Harley Quinn all the way

I would like to think we can all appreciate the subtle differences between Robbie Margot and Lori Petty :pac: Harley Quinn all the way

We all definitely appreciate Robbie Margot! :D

Unfortunately i won't be on Sunday night, it'll just be tonight and tomorrow i'm online.

I just got home from work now and shattered but I should be on for most of the weekend.

Should be on Sunday night alright, just have to remind the rest of the family that I exist for a while.

Mostly drifting between Steam and PS4.

• Advertisement

Talking about max rank etc, my 5 year old son is max rank in star wars. His k/d is around .8/1 which for a 5 year old is mad. In certain game modes he regularly is MVP.

What's more interesting is that some adults could learn from him. He is totally PTFO and after playing Operation Firestorm myself last night I wonder if the contingent of snipers in the hills should get lessons from him :)

Tried joining ye last night but constant queue

Talking about max rank etc, my 5 year old son is max rank in star wars. His k/d is around .8/1 which for a 5 year old is mad. In certain game modes he regularly is MVP.

What's more interesting is that some adults could learn from him. He is totally PTFO and after playing Operation Firestorm myself last night I wonder if the contingent of snipers in the hills should get lessons from him :)

Tried joining ye last night but constant queue

Thats better than me I think :o

Yeah, its a busy server that ADHD one. A nice mixture of maps on it.
      There were 6 people in the queue at one stage when I was joining.

Myself and Darren were playing on the ADHD server last night after we hammered the ever-loving bejesus(Not to be confused with Bee Jesus) out of them, he (an Admin) restarted the server and it caused me to lose a battle-pack and usually when a server gets restarted it counts as a loss despite the Battle report telling you differently.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with ADHD as of late. Restarting the server last night and last week when myself and Keith got stuck on OP Metro as soon as the other team captured B all of a sudden all the ADHD guys on our team magically ended up on the Russian team and then proceeded to run around throwing C4 and bordering on spawn-killing by running behind C flag and being between the C flag spawn and the US Deployment.

Their rotation may be good despite having 2 Lockers and Metro but their admins are grade A assholes.

I'd still take their server than play vanilla. The fact there is only one decent server is my main gripe with BF4.

There is a rush server which is similar but I can remember the name off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anyone up for a few games tonight? I'm on now if ye're up for it...

GerB40 wrote: »
      Anyone up for a few games tonight? I'm on now if ye're up for it...

Yeah I'll be on a little later.

Yeah I'll be on a little later.

Time?

Time?

About half 9, 10ish I reckon.

About half 9, 10ish I reckon.

I might get an hours play so. Few games of rush?

Few games of rush?

Myself and Keith were actually talking about rush just the other night.

I might actually try and get into Rush again. It was almost an exclusive game-mode for me in Battlefield 3.

It's changed almost too much in Battlefield 4 but since the update that changed the rush solider and M-COM spawns, I think I only ever played 1 game and ended up getting spawn camped so I just quit out and haven't touched it since.

The only thing that would put you off rush was going up against a full stacked team especially Clans that owned servers and immediately kicked any non members over to the other team or out of the game.

Considering almost every Conquest games we've lost by minor margins, we can't seem to get the team to snap into order and end up losing every base we haven't been at to defend, there's only so many places we can all be at once without getting swarmed by a full squad.

The argument can be made that a full 5 squad could make a severe impact on a team of only 12 but the hard kick from that would be if some of the Rooftop crawlers transfer to Rush that it'll end up with the same story.

Might try next week but I've become very "tuned" to conquest game mode especially since my recent surge in tank use.

• Advertisement
    Advertisement