Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I could be mistaken, but I think they've set a ceiling on certain Rush maps to prevent rooftop campers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I could be mistaken, but I think they've set a ceiling on certain Rush maps to prevent rooftop campers

If they have then that's a step in the right direction as I said I haven't played it in over a year so there's probably a few more changes unknown to me as I've brushed off most Rush patch notes.

Might be a change of pace, might be a waste of time. Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

BF4 is my first battlefield game and I didn't really like rush either at first. But now it's great. Some of the newer maps seem to have been designed with rush in mind and they can be great games if you're lucky enough to find the right server.

I've only lately had chances to play BF4 and whatever changes they made seem to be mostly for the good. Next Wednesday I have 3 weeks off college and I'm diving head first back into battlefield, can't ****in wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anyone up for some rush give me a shout, I find it a nice change from conquest.
    ps id: superdigzi

Myself and Chris played a bit of Rush last night..........didn't go well :pac: ha.

Team balancing is still very hit or miss in BF4 and especially noticeable in Rush. Without exaggeration, if neither myself nor Chris were on the MCOM, it didn't get armed or diffused. At one point on defence, we had 2 Squad mates camping the hills at the first MCOM while the enemy was attacking the second set. Absolutely infuriating. Thing is, if there had of been 3 or 4 of us working together, I reckon we would've steamrolled the server. It's still a weird game mode in BF4, every now and then you'll get a good back & forth competitive round but I still find most round are extremely one sided. Another problem is that because so many people leave the server after a bad beating, any rebalancing is reset and is a roll of the dice again.
    When it works, I love Rush. When it doesn't, it's horrifying :)

Positive note though, really looking forward to Wildland. Hopefully we'll start getting some more info with the Alpha up and running

Positive note though, really looking forward to Wildland. Hopefully we'll start getting some more info with the Alpha up and running

One of the few games that has peaked my interest in the last while. A good unique co-op shooter is what the current gen consoles need. If they release a beta and if it's not too clunky I might buy a bigger hard drive for my PS4.

Will be keeping a close eye on it we're probably looking towards a Christmas 2016 release knowing Ubisoft.

As for those rush games last night. I'll be surprised if I ever willingly find myself in a Rush lobby in the future.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    As for those rush games last night. I'll be surprised if I ever willingly find myself in a Rush lobby in the future.

Ah don't be so dramatic. Just need more than 2 of us, that's all.

Ah don't be so dramatic. Just need more than 2 of us, that's all.

Because it would be too much to ask our team not to camp a hill 600 metres away from the objective.

Because it would be too much to ask our team not to camp a hill 600 metres away from the objective.

I think the kids these days call that a 'strategic overwatch' :pac:

• Advertisement

Handy reference

w00qhAX.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Handy reference

w00qhAX.png?1

Yup that's all I see in my game...all of that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

cobraeire wrote: »
    Yup that's all I see in my game...all of that ****

I'm guessing you mean the severe notifications....no wonder you can't spot anything! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

keithc83 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean the severe notifications....no wonder you can't spot anything! :pac:

Still spot your big westie head though

DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

1 JDAM = 2 Helicopters

Crazily accurate TOW shot

This is why you sweep quickly

A fellow lift jumper

Make the voices stop!

This is a glitch that was terrorizing the place when the game was really bad with lag/crashes so it generally went unnoticed and people assumed it was a bug but it's resurfaced again in it's true form. Thankfully we've not experienced it yet but I can see it becoming a serious problem if DICE don't crack down. The only way for the invisible player to be killed was to be counter knifed as they were next to impossible to shoot.

For anyone that might be looking for a great headset for amazing value (Alan specifically looking at you once you get Vodafone sorted!) you can't get a better one for less:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-3/c-710/ps3-accessories/p-6492/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0/?siteID=svunC25memk-5Qev1rmwLTqpmZxJUn47AQ&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-tfHTB9QH5q_w.nym.gfw.Q

• Advertisement

For anyone that might be looking for a great headset for amazing value (Alan specifically looking at you once you get Vodafone sorted!) you can't get a better one for less:
    • Decent battery life
    • Can charge while in use
    • Can be used with PC/Laptop
    • Has 2 audio settings that can be preset with the Headset App.
    • Standard Micro USB cable
    I had a Triton Headset that cost €150 and it was a massive waste of money, the PS4 Official One has more features for half the price.

I just don't trust wireless, Kingston Hyperx all the way baby :)

Yeah have heard great things about the HyperX Cloud/Cloud II headsets.
    But honestly this Wireless headset is very very good. Has held its charge for a long time since i have had it. No issues with it at all so would highly recommend it. I was wary about wireless headsets before this one, but not any more. :pac:

I was wary about wireless headsets before this one, but not any more. :pac:

I always steered clear of Wireless stuff due to issues I've had with the PS3 and ORB Headsets, I would only trust it as far as I could throw it (Get it? Bluetooth, Throw?)

In any case the headphones are great and you can also charge them off of a Laptop (I use my phone charger as it's plugged in right beside me) without losing connection the PS4/PC.

Also the headset can be tucked up nicely and all the controls are available on the side so there's no need for an external panel like some Headsets (Tritton) . The mic is hidden but your voice still comes through crystal clear provided you put them on the right way around (*cough*) and you rarely hear someone do a Darth Vader impression.

In all - Best Headset ever. PC Android Lollipop Wireless Master Race.

The numbers we got on Sunday was something to be proud of I think.

At one point we had double squads.

It really becomes a different game when you have 8 communicating players terrorising a fully stacked team.

Fellow Tank and LAV users.
    Dirty Anti-Tank strategy

• Advertisement

8 of us in the party chat for a while. Bit hectic trying to communicate when half of us are in the other team. Still fun though.

He he he

Anyone knocking around later?

I want to see if we can fold a centre base with a DMR and revolver again.

All else fails - I might try to stockpile some hardware by playing Sumo in a public lobby.

Anyone knocking around later?

I want to see if we can fold a centre base with a DMR and revolver again.

All else fails - I might try to stockpile some hardware by playing Sumo in a public lobby.

We talking BF4? Centre Base.......stockpiling hardware......sumo?

We talking BF4? Centre Base.......stockpiling hardware......sumo?

Centre base - BF4
    Hardware + Sumo - GTA session with Damien, Mark and Keith the other night.

--
    When we were playing last week - Managed to grab C, D from enemy using an ACE 53 and SW40 from an (ex-)Recon.

Centre base - BF4
    Hardware + Sumo - GTA session with Damien, Mark and Keith the other night.

--
    When we were playing last week - Managed to grab C, D from enemy using an ACE 53 and SW40 from an (ex-)Recon.

I hope to be on around 10 or so tonight. Might run a DMR as well for a laugh.

I hope to be on around 10 or so tonight. Might run a DMR as well for a laugh.

I'll take a DMR over being chased by claymores and tank hoppers for the night (60% of the time)

I'll take a DMR over being chased by claymores and tank hoppers for the night (60% of the time)

In fairness, those claymores were meant for the people chasing us :pac:

In fairness, those claymores were meant for the people chasing us :pac:

Claymores, claymores everywhere.

Might want to put the DMR away for a while, games were close until firestorm popped up. Be handy to use it during games of Locker and Metro just to show the team how interested I actually am.

Claymores, claymores everywhere.

Might want to put the DMR away for a while, games were close until firestorm popped up. Be handy to use it during games of Locker and Metro just to show the team how interested I actually am.

Yeah when you put down so many that you can't even remember where they are, you've got a problem. Bless her.

DMR definitely has it uses alright but it just seems to clash with how I play. I'm constantly having to remind myself to try keep some distance. Did ok using the DMR in fairness, but as soon as I went back to a carbine it was like night and day.

Talks of this being released on consoles. Yet to even be released on the PC as it hasn't been updated for a while, but it looks to be something interesting.

(Link above is to Steam page as all screenshots are together)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

looks pure ****e, even battlefield bad company 2's Vietnam expansion looked better.

A few decent games there Saturday night. Did ye stay on long after i left? No doubt Darren you gave the girls a good going over.... :pac:

I think we finished up at 10 to 4.

There's no real correct way of saying this so I'll just say, Darren was being courted by a teenager.

Not a bad set though by any means, we did have a total of 8 on, even as people started to drop.

Darren convinced one of them to give their headset to her daughter (not sure if you were there for that).

+ A few more events which I'm not going to speak about on a public forum.

No doubt Darren you gave the girls a good going over.... :pac:

Eh no comment.
    There's no real correct way of saying this so I'll just say, Darren was being courted by a teenager.

Just to clarify, we talking about the girls or the weirdo that Clair added us to in the PSN chat??
    Not a bad set though by any means, we did have a total of 8 on, even as people started to drop.

Ha ha ha, don't think the guy on my friends list 'HeWhoLurks' will be joining any of my paries for a while. He just couldn't hack it :)
    Darren convinced one of them to give their headset to her daughter (not sure if you were there for that).

+ A few more events which I'm not going to speak about on a public forum.

And her daughters friend in fairness :pac: Yeah was definitely one of the more entertaining nights on BF4 in a while. Good times.

Just to clarify, we talking about the girls or the weirdo that Clair added us to in the PSN chat??

That's the one.
    Ha ha ha, don't think the guy on my friends list 'HeWhoLurks' will be joining any of my paries for a while. He just couldn't hack it :)

His timing was perfect though. He just happened to join in on one of the absolute worst conversations taking place.
    And her daughters friend in fairness :pac: Yeah was definitely one of the more entertaining nights on BF4 in a while. Good times.

And you even managed to sneak in the revolution into the chat.

Yeah that guy was a little creepy, even for me :pac: ha.

'HeWhoLurks' is a very appropriate name.....he joined for about a minute, said nothing and then suddenly left as the conversation descended further into debauchery. Bless him.

I simply mentioned the Civil War like any patriot would, not specifically because we were taking to an English girl. That was just a coincidence, ha.

Yeah that guy was a little creepy, even for me :pac: ha.

'HeWhoLurks' is a very appropriate name.....he joined for about a minute, said nothing and then suddenly left as the conversation descended further into debauchery. Bless him.

He'll probably never join another party you're in ever again. Fairly sure if he ever sees one of our names again he might shudder a tad bit.

He'll probably never join another party you're in ever again. Fairly sure if he ever sees one of our names again he might shudder a tad bit.

Well I ain't got time for niceties, f*ck it, can't hack it then don't join. We had a laugh so it's all good. Got enough friends on the PSN, I think I can survive a few avoiding me :pac:

From what your saying i think i missed the best parts, well damn it! Sounds like a good night had by all most! :pac:

• Advertisement

From what your saying i think i missed the best parts, well damn it! Sounds like a good night had by all most! :pac:

It was memorable to say the least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

This weekend is 4xp, first time Dice has ever offered it.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    This weekend is 4xp, first time Dice has ever offered it.

O52L3KU.jpg?1

I can only dream of ever doing something like this in BF4, i guess the next best thing is seeing others do it. What a skilled b*****d! :pac:

http://imgur.com/gallery/PgYa37O

• Advertisement

I can only dream of ever doing something like this in BF4, i guess the next best thing is seeing others do it. What a skilled b*****d! :pac:

http://imgur.com/gallery/PgYa37O

Remember that clip alright, birth of the "rendezook". Pretty sure there was a even a write up in the papers at the time. First big viral BF3 video, couple million views, BigMooneys Top Plays etc, and helped sow the seeds for the 'Only in Battlefield' moments....we even have that commerative dogtag in BF4.

wmtuJym.png?1

If you've never checked out Stun_gravy and PonylionHD, make sure you do. Ridiculous trick shots including LAV golf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Was just talking to Eir just now. I ordered a phone line back in Feb. It looks like it will be 23 June before they can get a connection to my house. Then it would be about 3 weeks or so before they'd get around to installing broadband. :(

Going to have to move in with some of you lads so I can play BF. :pac:

Going to have to move in with some of you lads so I can play BF. :pac:

There's a spare room in my gaffe, albeit it's in Galway! :pac:

That is pretty shocking though from Eir, taking their incredible customer satisfaction level to new heights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

There's a spare room in my gaffe, albeit it's in Galway! :pac:

That is pretty shocking though from Eir, taking their incredible customer satisfaction level to new heights!

Thanks but the commute to Dublin would probably kill me.

Eir don't actually know why it will take that long, thats just what they were told by the contractor who do the actual install and they have no way of finding out apparently! The pole actually got installed on Monday so I can't figure out what could delay it by 2 months at this stage. Its unbelievable that it takes that long these days to get a phone line installed.

Might look around and see what my options are. I heard Cobra recommends Vodafone for BB. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement