Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Just to throw in my little opinion here, I'm all for the teamwork and camaraderie that's associated with having a 'clan' and whatnot, just without the strict competitive side that tends to comes with it.

Either way though I think we gotta have a vote of some sorts, I'm okay using the [BRDS] tag if we do go that route, although I do kinda like the current [IRL] ones

Well i think we`ll keep it IRL,thats how it started and how its staying.Up to yourself`s if you`s want to start your own clan,but this ones staying IRL
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Personally i see no reason to even worry about platoons, they were on BF3 also and were not used and i doubt they will be used here either, people playing mostly wont be near a PC and just getting people to change their tags to IRL or get an emblem was a mission also.

As for clan name and clan tag, i think they should stay the same and if boards want their own they should make their own thread and clan, if that's a problem we could manage the clan from irishgamers.ie or elsewhere instead.

This is why the older clans failed, it became less about fun and more so about egos and people trying to tell other what to do, ruins the game for me, don't know about you all but i don't try and take the game so serious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They're not mutually exclusive, you can join three and thus have the choice between three tags/emblems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

cobraeire wrote: »
    Well i think we`ll keep it IRL,thats how it started and how its staying.Up to yourself`s if you`s want to start your own clan,but this ones staying IRL
    :)

Yeah that's fine by me.
    Quick question; is it possible for Chickenboy to delete his platoon and start a new one??
    I know it's been asked for the highest ranked member to create the IRL Platoon but I think if Chickenboy is willing to run it, and to be fair he did already try start one for us, then he should at least be considered

Yeah that's fine by me.
    Quick question; is it possible for Chickenboy to delete his platoon and start a new one??
    I know it's been asked for the highest ranked member to create the IRL Platoon but I think if Chickenboy is willing to run it, and to be fair he did already try start one for us, then he should at least be considered

Well theres 3 names in my head lol,but you want someone who`s on most nights,and that most of the time in team chat,and there was 1 or 2 that asked me before chicken in chat,not that i`m dismissing him,fuzzy is a good player,but as i said there 3/4 in for the running :P,we`ll have to start canvassing for votes next :)

Well theres 3 names in my head lol,but you want someone who`s on most nights,and that most of the time in team chat,and there was 1 or 2 that asked me before chicken in chat,not that i`m dismissing him,fuzzy is a good player,but as i said there 3/4 in for the running :P,we`ll have to start canvassing for votes next :)

Ah ok, that sounds fair to be honest. Well the first one to make me a button pin gets my vote :)

Ah ok, that sounds fair to be honest. Well the first one to make me a button pin gets my vote :)

lol,well all that said i think thurlesdrunk is the man for the job,cheers to fuzzy and the rest but i think i`ll go with thurles,(unless the rest of yis are unhappy with that?)he`s on every day without fail,and yapping away on the party very relaxed man :P,at the end of the day its just a few lads on shooting the ****e out of each other for a bit of craic.

IRL CLAN member update:

Allyfagan
    Briguy07
    BordorFox
    cobraeire73
    Cookmysock88
    digitalmoon
    Desleby83
    dxFINNxb
    EireOrigins
    fuzziedunlop200
    Kerlin08
    Gileadi
    HomelessMidge
    MarkLogan-91
    NEEDFORWEED__420
    pat_the_breaker
    paul_booth_fan
    RaVeN737
    Roof2007
    SeanoDGreat
    scottyccfc
    Spagitis
    Super_Sonic_Eire
    thurlesdrunk
    TigronIE
    Tota11ybogusdude
    TrevsJocks
    weiland79
    Xtrafalcon

lol,well all that said i think thurlesdrunk is the man for the job,cheers to fuzzy and the rest but i think i`ll go with thurles,(unless the rest of yis are unhappy with that?)he`s on every day without fail,and yapping away on the party very relaxed man :P,at the end of the day its just a few lads on shooting the ****e out of each other for a bit of craic.

Seems appropriate for an Irish clan to have a drunk at the helm alright........:D

For full transparency, I'd be okay with Ally as well

Seems appropriate for an Irish clan to have a drunk at the helm alright........:D

For full transparency, I'd be okay with Ally as well

lmao...yup i was thinking of ally plus another 1 or 2 ,i went for thurles cause hes on mostly everyday like myself plus hes always in chat,and laid back when i take his tags :P,though allys on most night as well and also is always in chat ,theres at least 6 to 7 of us on most nights and stuck in chat,though there was about 4 of them with premium,but thurles was really the 1st to ask as well,though when it all goes tits up as well we can blame him :P.

• Advertisement

I could of taking a lot into consideration also,like ally was one of the 1st members,that fra was is the highest member,but he doesn`t come on boards or chat,and that yourself paul (booth) is good at organising telling where the enemy is etc,same as pat we could get 6 or 7 guys on here to start one ,but again its just a bit of craic at the end of the day...can the person that has the platoon make the promoting/demoting members?

can the person that has the platoon make the promoting/demoting members?

Direct from DICE;

• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
    • Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
    • A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
    • A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
    • The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm going on now of anyone wants to try some squad deathmatch

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm going on now of anyone wants to try some squad deathmatch

be on now in a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hey lads, wouldn't mind joining up with ye. Am part of a platoon already, but wouldn't be averse to hopping in and out of it when I play with my regular group. Due to work hours, I'm mainly on after midnight. Wonder if there are many other late nighters?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Hey lads, wouldn't mind joining up with ye. Am part of a platoon already, but wouldn't be averse to hopping in and out of it when I play with my regular group. Due to work hours, I'm mainly on after midnight. Wonder if there are many other late nighters?

Depending on work and kids etc, I may be on fairly late some times. No harm putting up your PS id anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Myself and Aaron play quite regularly and I guess when he's in work I'm on my own trying to not lose the rag with useless team mates. I'm up for joining the clan too so I can have a regular group to play with.

PSN: kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

normally on late enough but why not.

psn: paradisepaddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

kensutz wrote: »
    Myself and Aaron play quite regularly and I guess when he's in work I'm on my own trying to not lose the rag with useless team mates. I'm up for joining the clan too so I can have a regular group to play with.

PSN: kensutz

Added you there, see you online.

• Advertisement

Welcome on board lads (pardon the pun) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Let whoever wants to do it organize it, in my experience the platoons didnt mean a whole lot anyway, they are only a message board and nobody posts on them or whatever only to say hoorah the odd time when someone joins. I read that you can get different missions etc from them so its worth doing but i dont think its hugely important.

I think the most important thing is to make sure that everybody in the clan is friends with everyone else, im guilty of this myself so im going to go home later and add everyone in on the list above.
    Also, i think a criteria of joining the clan is that you must have a headset (comes with one anyway) and use it regularly. I know some lads dont like talking or cant be on Comms every night with kids or the missus or whatever and thats fair enough, but i think a criteria for joining is that you have to at some stage be on the chat, if not then sure whats the point. No point in being in somebody's squad if you cant communicate with them. On PC its slightly different as you have the chat window, but on console you really need to communicate to perform effectively. Nothing worse then being in an entire squad where nobody is communicating, it really does make a difference.

IRL CLAN member update:

Allyfagan
    Briguy07
    BordorFox
    cobraeire73
    Cookmysock88
    digitalmoon
    Desleby83
    dxFINNxb
    EireOrigins
    fuzziedunlop200
    Kerlin08
    Gileadi
    HomelessMidge
    MarkLogan-91
    NEEDFORWEED__420
    pat_the_breaker
    paul_booth_fan
    RaVeN737
    Roof2007
    SeanoDGreat
    scottyccfc
    Spagitis
    Super_Sonic_Eire
    thurlesdrunk
    TigronIE
    Tota11ybogusdude
    TrevsJocks
    weiland79
    Xtrafalcon

BTW I like the way im top :) doesnt happen v often :D

allybhoy wrote: »
    Let whoever wants to do it organize it, in my experience the platoons didnt mean a whole lot anyway, they are only a message board and nobody posts on them or whatever only to say hoorah the odd time when someone joins. I read that you can get different missions etc from them so its worth doing but i dont think its hugely important.

I think the most important thing is to make sure that everybody in the clan is friends with everyone else, im guilty of this myself so im going to go home later and add everyone in on the list above.
    Also, i think a criteria of joining the clan is that you must have a headset (comes with one anyway) and use it regularly. I know some lads dont like talking or cant be on Comms every night with kids or the missus or whatever and thats fair enough, but i think a criteria for joining is that you have to at some stage be on the chat, if not then sure whats the point. No point in being in somebody's squad if you cant communicate with them. On PC its slightly different as you have the chat window, but on console you really need to communicate to perform effectively. Nothing worse then being in an entire squad where nobody is communicating, it really does make a difference.

BTW I like the way im top :) doesnt happen v often :D

lol,yes well said sir,at the end of the day its about jumping on the game and having a bit of craic in party chat

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Hey guys,
    Was hoping to maybe play with a few of you from time to time. I'm a newbie to Battlefield, only got it recently for the PS4. I am coming from a COD background so don't look down on me too much. ;)

Psn id: keithc83

Whatever game modes you guys are playing, I am more than happy to play them. And of course learn them.....more than likely the hard way!

keithc83 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Was hoping to maybe play with a few of you from time to time. I'm a newbie to Battlefield, only got it recently for the PS4. I am coming from a COD background so don't look down on me too much. ;)

Psn id: keithc83

Whatever game modes you guys are playing, I am more than happy to play them. And of course learn them.....more than likely the hard way!

Hiya Keith, added you there. Cheers

Platoon is set up lads. Called IRL CLAN. I have sent out invites to all of ye. If I have missed anyone give me or cobra a shout. Cheers lads

• Advertisement

Depending on work and kids etc, I may be on fairly late some times. No harm putting up your PS id anyway

Yeah for sure, its genisis87.

I'll be heading on now for a few games if anyones about.

Yeah for sure, its genisis87.

I'll be heading on now for a few games if anyones about.

Heading home from work now so I might jump on for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Hey guys, Cookmysock88 here. Just wanted to let ye know that there is four of us in the flat who play on my ps4. So it may not always be myself playing. The lads are scottish and english but don't hold that against them! haha Can't find the damn mic but hoping to get that sorted soon!

Battleflag wrote: »
    Hey guys, Cookmysock88 here. Just wanted to let ye know that there is four of us in the flat who play on my ps4. So it may not always be myself playing. The lads are scottish and english but don't hold that against them! haha Can't find the damn mic but hoping to get that sorted soon!

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman share a flat together..................there's a joke in there somewhere :D

Heading home from work now so I might jump on for a while

Sorry man, I was expecting to stay on for another couple of games, but the controller died and I can't find the charger cable :/

• Advertisement

Sorry man, I was expecting to stay on for another couple of games, but the controller died and I can't find the charger cable :/

No worries. Plenty of times ahead anyway.

Quick question for the clan in general, does anyone mind if I use my original emblem instead of the clan emblem?? I've no problem using it, I just happened to really like my crow eating from a skull............. :)

Quick question for the clan in general, does anyone mind if I use my original emblem instead of the clan emblem?? I've no problem using it, I just happened to really like my crow eating from a skull............. :)

That's cool with me Paul. I don't think anyone would have a problem

Killing Machine Mission on Battlelog up there lads for the weekend. I can only create missions with 5 people max, however I have created 5 missions so nearly everyone should be invited. If not, give me a shout! Mission lasts until monday morning so happy hunting. I will combine the scores and post up a leaderboard tonight, an updated leaderboard tomorrow night and final results on monday! Cheers lads, see ye out there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

how people on the list of members dont have premium so i know who to add as i dont have premium

how people on the list of members dont have premium so i know who to add as i dont have premium

Well some of us premium members will play the vanilla maps from time to time........gotta keep up appearances with the common folk :D
    Easiest thing to do is just add everyone, better chance that someone will be online.

No problem at all paul,people can use watever emblem they want.

The only thing we ask is to have the IRL tag infront of your name and to slip me 50 quid ;)

The only thing we ask is to have the IRL tag infront of your name and to slip me 50 quid ;)

Lol and don't forget a set of your tags with the 50. :-)

Lol and don't forget a set of your tags with the 50. :-)
    That reminds me ally owes me 50 so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm still between two minds about the premium maps. I'm disappointed that Canals isn't included in the updated BF3 maps.

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm still between two minds about the premium maps. I'm disappointed that Canals isn't included in the updated BF3 maps.

I always thought Canals was one of the more poorly balanced maps on Conquest. Seemed very easy pin the US on their carrier. Russian side got a heli and AA to counter any air assault, plus 2 MBTs in case the American LAV did actually get onshore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Naval strike (DLC 3) is due out in like 3-4 weeks also, which i definately won't be getting.

I will be getting second assault though, tomorrow or the day after.

Just about to jump on now if anybody wants to join me for some cobra tag snatching lol.

Well done on reaching rank 2 platoon lads!

Here's the current standings on the killing machine mission;

AllyFagan 33
    paul_booth_fan 29
    CobraEire73 19
    falstaff30 19
    thurlesdrunk 18
    keithc83 17
    BordorFox 10

Still 22 hours left to knock Ally off the top!

AllyFagan 33
    paul_booth_fan 29
    CobraEire73 19
    thurlesdrunk 18
    keithc83 17
    BordorFox 10

Yup good job,some good games last night,hopefully more of them tonight :)

Platoon members so far :

Ally
    Bordorfox
    cobraeire
    cookmysock88
    Falstaff30
    Finn
    Paul_booth
    Spagitis
    TigronIE
    thurlesdrunk
    XtraFalcon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Bought Premium today but the code doesn't work! So Amazon are sending me a new one. Dunno if its something to do with an Irish account and UK billing address but hopefully will be able to hop on the new maps soon

I will update the Clan members again but you need to have IRL as your tags.

Battleflag wrote: »
    Bought Premium today but the code doesn't work! So Amazon are sending me a new one. Dunno if its something to do with an Irish account and UK billing address but hopefully will be able to hop on the new maps soon

Hope you get it sorted,i`ll get second assault later in the week :)

AllyFagan 33
    paul_booth_fan 29
    CobraEire73 19
    falstaff30 19
    thurlesdrunk 18
    keithc83 17
    BordorFox 10

Was working yesterday afternoon, home about 2.30 am, back in again this morning. Only played 4 1/2 rounds since Wednesday night :( Hopefully I'll be on tonight though............hypothetical, if I teamkill Ally, would that count towards my score? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Reither420

****ing getting an error code when I try to set up a party. Hopefully it's fixed by later good games last night.

Advertisement